Have you seen the TV ad for the Nokia 1020 camera, er smartphone? I find it odd that there is nothing else mentioned about the phone other than it has a 41MP camera . Is that the only good thing about it? I like the look of it. They also got bought out by Microsoft, but they still have new phones coming out. It doesn't seem any one is concerned about it like they are with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 06:30 PM
    The 41 MP is the sellong point, there are no other phones to really compete with it, so they have to keep reminding everyone how they are the only ones capable of bringing such an advanced camera into a phone.

Also they got bought out by their OS maker and there is no concern that there are no phones going to be produced anymore.
    With BlackBerry on the other hand, no one is really sure who is going to buy them and if the buyer is even likely to keep the no profit making hardware business running. There is also a chance that the company can be broken up and sold and that development on BB10 could seize from one day to another.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 06:35 PM
    Nokia has done a lot of good and more importantly, relevant to their devices adverts. The ad for the 1020 is meant to highlight a single point and if you ask me it is done very well.

Compare that to the BlackBerry advert with a man walking down the street, for some reason his man legs turn to elephant legs...

The difference is Nokia is making the effort and doing a pretty good job whereas BlackBerry is a study in how not to market...even if you have a solid product line.
    10-15-13 06:47 PM
    I agree, they may have the best camera on a phone, but they should focus on other features. Yes, BlackBerry does suck at marketing. Is it selling well, I always liked their funky colors and other features.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 06:54 PM
    Nokia, with Windows, is doing better, but they still can't compete with the other two yet. They can't claim a better app store. They can't claim a better user experience, because even if it's true, the competition is more ingrained on the general public which leads to a learning curve. It's not enough to be as good as the competition. That's not going to make people switch. It's not going to make them learn a new system or install new software on their PC or have to buy all their apps all over again, if they can get them. Being as good as the competition isn't going to do any of that. You've got to have something better, something that they don't have, and you've got to push it as hard as you can. That's the camera on the Nokia, and that's why it's all you'll hear about. BlackBerry could've learned something here...

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 07:07 PM