I've had this problem with both my 8900 and now my 9700 alerting me to a new text message (ring tone, vibration) but when I check for a new message there is none to be seen. There isn't an icon at the top saying there is a new text either. So in short the ring tone goes off the phone vibrates like I want it to yet no icon for a new text and no new text can be found.

I had this problem twice on the 8900 (OS 4.6.1.231) and now I've only owned my 9700 (OS 5.0.0.330) for a few days and I've had this problem 4 times already. I know for sure it's alerting me to a text because I specifically set up the profiles so SMS\MMS are the only options to use a specific ring tone and vibration setting. This doesn't happen with every text and it's not a matter of not knowing where the texts go... I have SMS\MMS seperated from my mail. I know where my messages go.

I've been using the default theme on both the 8900 & 9700.

Has anyone else had this problem? I did a search and didn't come up with anything similar.

BTW I'm on T-Mobile
    11-30-09 12:18 PM
    T-Mobile has been having issues with haunted phones lately, I'd say check with a rep. to confirm.

(I know this doesnt help, but I just had to make the joke, sorry)
    Last edited by wisconsin1; 11-30-09 at 12:34 PM.
    11-30-09 12:29 PM
    The phantom vibe? I get that all the time. It mostly happens when I'm at work. I'll feel the phone vibrate but when I check it there's no blinking red light.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-09 12:59 PM
    I get the phantom vibrate sometimes on my iPhone, seems like it happens on all types of phones.
    11-30-09 01:01 PM
    I read in an article that it may not be the phone but it may be you. Your brain gets used to hearing/feeling your phone ring and it may tell you that it was ringing and it wasn't. if you use a phone often enough, its functions become a part of you for. It is psychological, it has happened to me before and studies have done to prove it. It happens you just can't explain why.
    11-30-09 01:31 PM
    No I swear... really... I'm not a total crackhead. I've had witnesses around and asked if they heard it too just to make sure I haven't gone coo coo for cocoa cocoa puffs!

On a related note I was using the facebook messaging so much that I swear I heard the phone alert me to a new message many times and of course nothing was there. At that point I knew I had completely lost it. So to solve that problem I bought another Blackberry... yup that's going to help!
    11-30-09 02:09 PM
    Maybe its just my leg twitching?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-09 02:13 PM
    I've had this too, on my 9700
    12-01-09 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD