Apple won't be introducing a phablet, sure the next iPhone will have a larger display, that's a given, but they won't be going phablet. It's one of those rumours that never pan out, like the iWatch launching last year, the iPads having TouchID, and I recall them saying a larger iPhone would come last year too.

Besides that, phablets are just a fad. If you look at the devices sold each quarter, devices with 5" and up screens are in a small minority as opposed to the rest of the market, I mean the "tiny" iPhone managed 150 million sales in 2013: Apple Sold 150 Million iPhones, 71 Million iPads in 2013 Sure, it's mostly fans, but the point is there. BlackBerry loyalists don't want Xperia Z Ultra sized devices, the Z30 is the absolute max, most prefer smaller devices though...
    Phablets are not a fad. Also iPads are tablets and are in a different market segment.
    DELOITTE is a reputable financial services firm and I would say their estimation might be fairly reliable too....."The "it" in this case is a phablet, a device that's part smartphone, part tablet and one that financial services giant Deloitte has predicted will outsell both tablets and gaming consoles around the world this year, to the tune of nearly $125 billion."
    I guess we shall find out before the end of this what Apple launches.
    03-25-14 02:38 PM
    5 inch should be the biggest
    03-25-14 04:20 PM
    Phablets are not a fad. Also iPads are tablets and are in a different market segment.
    DELOITTE is a reputable financial services firm and I would say their estimation might be fairly reliable too....."The "it" in this case is a phablet, a device that's part smartphone, part tablet and one that financial services giant Deloitte has predicted will outsell both tablets and gaming consoles around the world this year, to the tune of nearly $125 billion."
    I guess we shall find out before the end of this what Apple launches.
    I am fully aware what Deloitte is and where the iPad is situated. Smartphones already outsell tablets and consoles, so I don't really get the point here? Everyone likes something else, and the majority of the market buys non-phablet devices. They aren't all of a sudden going to decide they want a device the size of their face. It's impractical for one handed use, for most consumers and like I said, the iPhone is considered tiny, but that hasn't hindered it's sales. What would happen if BlackBerry went phablet-only is they'd lose the last few loyalists they have...
    03-25-14 04:21 PM
    Personally I would be extremely disappointed if BlackBerry did not offer another phone that was sub 5in. I'd go as far as saying I'd entertain the thought of switching to an iPhone or something like an HTC one mini. The only positive a phablet would offer me is superior battery life on one charge, which isn't even a big deal anymore since I picked up a spare battery pack.

Posted via CB10
    Oddsocket likes this.
    03-25-14 04:48 PM
    I am fully aware what Deloitte is and where the iPad is situated. Smartphones already outsell tablets and consoles, so I don't really get the point here? Everyone likes something else, and the majority of the market buys non-phablet devices. They aren't all of a sudden going to decide they want a device the size of their face. It's impractical for one handed use, for most consumers and like I said, the iPhone is considered tiny, but that hasn't hindered it's sales. What would happen if BlackBerry went phablet-only is they'd lose the last few loyalists they have...
    I don't understand why you keeping referring to iPad or tablets. Like I said, tablets and phablets are in totally different market segments of the mobile market. It just like mobile phones are in different market segment from tablets. There are lot of tech analysts that do not lump phablets and tablets in the same class or category because of size and functionality. Would you like me to provide you with some links?
    Finally, I can also say, maybe "some non loyalists" may switch to BlackBerry if it went phablet-only...... you were making an substantiated assumption, as I just did. If you have facts to support your hypothesis please provide it. I'm always sincerely eager to be enlightened.
    03-25-14 04:49 PM
    Just curious, what sizes would the "ugly and productive BlackBerry users out there" have? Please don't take my question personal or seriously.
    Normies, dorks, and women get the 5+ inch phones.
    Women can have whatever sized phone, because they have purses, anyway. Dorks get BlackBerry-designed fannypacks for their silly phablets because they don't fit into anything but cargo pockets (on shorts, usually). Normies are worse, and are watching a series on netflix while they drive with their beats headphones on, so they need 35" TV Tablets bolted to the hoods of their cars. I wouldn't call any of these typical phablet users "handsome." They're alright, I guess.

Snake Pliskin gets a Q20.
    03-26-14 12:43 AM
    I don't understand why you keeping referring to iPad or tablets. Like I said, tablets and phablets are in totally different market segments of the mobile market. It just like mobile phones are in different market segment from tablets. There are lot of tech analysts that do not lump phablets and tablets in the same class or category because of size and functionality. Would you like me to provide you with some links?
    Finally, I can also say, maybe "some non loyalists" may switch to BlackBerry if it went phablet-only...... you were making an substantiated assumption, as I just did. If you have facts to support your hypothesis please provide it. I'm always sincerely eager to be enlightened.
    I'm not an *****, you just can't seem to read. Let's see, phablets are eating into the tablet market, not the smartphone market: 'Phablets' are eating into the tablet market, IDC says - Computerworld

Then, why would a non-BlackBerry loyalist jump to BlackBerry just because they're phablet only? Why not just stay with the Galaxy Note 3 or any other one? You make it seem like they're just waiting for a BlackBerry phablet so they can jump ship, when they're not. If they were so adamant, then they would get a Z30.

BlackBerry going phablet-only is the most idiotic notion ever to be conceived. They can focus on phablets, they can create a few, but focussing solely on phablets would be the nail in their coffins. You think current BB buyers are looking for an oversized smartphone? No. You think other phablet users would jump to BlackBerry because of a phablet-only approach? No.

BlackBerry sells only a few million devices each quarter, your approach would have them lose every single one of those customers and potential customers just for phablets. Sure, some would stay, but most would jump ship, likely iPhones and then BlackBerry would have virtually no sales in the eye of Wall Street, essentially crashing its stock.

So, you're essentially saying they should just shut down.
    jvinp likes this.
    03-27-14 08:23 AM
32 12