Let's be honest here, 98% of you even saying you'll leave Rogers... Won't. You're in contracts and when you look at the cancelation fee you'll forget all about it. If you want a Z30 bad enough, buy one off contract, unlock it and be happy. Rogers decision is that of a business one, they have too much inventory of unsold devices now.
    At some point I read Rogers were seeing record BlackBerry sales on Bb10 devices... maybe it has cooled down after the initial wave?

Thinking about Z30...
    10-03-13 06:27 PM
    I'll take loose clients (females only) over the z30.

There, now that works for ME
    I see what you did there, crafty devil.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    10-03-13 06:30 PM
    at the end of the call I asked whether they support Z30 and the gentleman on the other side said he wasn't sure. Then I went on asking whether it was a good idea to upgrade to Z30, instead of answering my question, he asked me what's my concern. I told him that BlackBerry could go out of business.
    So you asked him if it was a good idea to upgrade to a phone that they will not carry and you expected him to answer the question..lol
    10-03-13 06:38 PM
    At some point I read Rogers were seeing record BlackBerry sales on Bb10 devices... maybe it has cooled down after the initial wave?

Thinking about Z30...
    The definition of record sales is "loose" for Canadian companies
    10-03-13 06:41 PM
    well played
    10-03-13 06:47 PM
    That joke was tight.
    h20work likes this.
    10-03-13 06:50 PM
    Petitions? The best way to show your displeasure is to leave them when they start losing customers then they'll get the Z30.
    hindsketchup238 and mike869 like this.
    10-03-13 06:54 PM
    Petitions? The best way to show your displeasure is to leave them when they start losing customers then they'll get the Z30.
    I always enjoy browsing through their stores with a bag from another carrier. It usually causes them to inquire and opens the door to say why. "Man, I just spent $700 at Bell because you guys never carried "
    10-03-13 06:59 PM
    So cute

Posted via CB10
    What a knob...

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 07:01 PM
    If they lose a measly 1000 customers that still ends up being over a million dollars a year service revenue.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 07:17 PM
    What a knob...

Posted via CB10
    Yeah he's starting to get on a lot of people's nerves

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 07:17 PM
    I think that Rogers is looking at it's bottom line. The Z10 sales levels were disappointing to say the least and they don't want to be stuck with unsold inventory. With all the events happening at BlackBerry in the last 2 months or so, I cannot blame Rogers for taking a prudent approach.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    Bsbudd and paper_monkey like this.
    10-03-13 07:18 PM
  13. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    When can we buy the z30 unlocked??????

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 07:18 PM
    Oh man another American anti blackberry carrier trying to bring blackberry down...oh wait
    Well, I will sign his petition, but only if we go after the big boys - I wish to add that the petition should state: American carriers should push Apple and MS over all others! Asian countries should push the Asian brands. THEN we'll show 'em the might of Canada and BB!!!!

Right there with you OP, this isn't about business or tech. It's about what's right! It ain't right to see mixing - people should be with their own kind.

Like with the carriers for example! Canada pushed them, and we got stuck with them, and they treat us darn good!! Because they are Canadian and that's what they want, just to give Canadians the absolute best service at the absolute lowest price! They thank us every day by delivering that value - you can guarantee that right now, at this very moment, at Rogers, Bell, and Telus, that some executive is sweating, pouring over figures just trying to figure out any way to cut down our prices. OH CANADA!!! With Growing hearts we see thee rise, the true and strong and free!
    anon(5828343) likes this.
    10-03-13 07:24 PM
    10-03-13 07:25 PM
    Don't forget the quote from Heins "we are going to sell tens of million of these" lol
    No. YOU are mistaken. He said "we are going to sell tens out of millions"
    . ;-)

PS. I'd like to thank all my fans and PFman for the inspiration for this amazing post.
    PFman likes this.
    10-03-13 07:27 PM
    Canadian wireless carrier Rogers has announced on Wednesday record first day sales of BlackBerry Z10 devices, after making the smartphone available for its users on February 5.

Apparently, the carrier sold on that day the largest number of BlackBerry devices when compared to any other day in its history.

Rogers claims that it has activated thousands of BlackBerry Z10 smartphones on February 5, and that some of its stores temporarily ran out of stock, with additional inventory delivered to them to meet demand.

Rogers was the first carrier in Canada to launch BlackBerry services in 1999, CrackBerry notes, which makes the launch day of BlackBerry Z10 quite an important date for it.

The carrier also announced plans to add the BlackBerry Q10 smartphone to its offering, and even kicked off registration for it, but it hasn?t announced a specific launch date for the device.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 07:31 PM
    Why petition, just go where you can get what you want. I have been with Rogers for twenty years and I will definitely leave if I can't get what I want (Z30).I will take along my Cable, Internet and home phone account as well.

Z10?..yes it can!
    mike869 likes this.
    10-03-13 07:38 PM
    Yep all the rats are leaving the ship taking water.
    10-03-13 07:48 PM

Rogers claims that it has activated thousands of BlackBerry Z10 smartphones on February 5, and that some of its stores temporarily ran out of stock, with additional inventory delivered to them to meet demand.

Posted via CB10
    Key word "thousands".

That was after a 2 year wait with no new devices. 8 months later now and a new flagship is released. Other than a handful of us who bought z10's off contract and are willing to upgrade if the price is right, who is left?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-03-13 07:49 PM
    When can we buy the z30 unlocked??????

Posted via CB10
    No one know yet, but I hear it's coming soon. In a few short weeks.

I'm still trying to figure out why shopblackberry.com won't ship to Canada
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-03-13 07:54 PM
    BlackBerry Makes Statement on Their Record Launch of BlackBerry 10 in UK & Canada - BerryReview

We have been hearing some impressive stats from the launch of BlackBerry 10 in the UK and Canada. So impressive that BlackBerry is already announcing that it was their best launch day ever. Thorsten Heins went on record stating just how well it turned out:

WATERLOO, ONTARIO–(Marketwire – Feb. 6, 2013) – BlackBerry(R) (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB) today issued the following statement:
    "In Canada, yesterday was the best day ever for the first day of a launch of a new BlackBerry smartphone. In fact, it was more than 50% better than any other launch day in our history in Canada," said Thorsten Heins, President & CEO of BlackBerry. "In the UK, we have seen close to three times our best performance ever for the first week of sales for a BlackBerry smartphone."

That gives us a pretty good idea of numbers though hopefully we will hear something official.

Posted via CB10
    Pretty meaningless...I bought a box of cereal with 50% less sugar but if they don't tell me how much sugar they put before that statement is meaningless like the article above.
    10-03-13 08:00 PM
    [email protected]

Ladies and gentlemen

Complain there

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 08:06 PM
    10-03-13 08:18 PM
    The OP wants us to make business decisions for Rogers. Pretty sure that Rogers would rather have 500 'loose' clients over 500 Z30's. As a general rule, Loose clients spend more money than tight ones. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by oilgeo10; 10-03-13 at 08:39 PM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-03-13 08:18 PM
219 ... 23456 ...