To let loose; release: loosed the dogs.
    2. To make loose; undo: loosed his belt.
    3. To cast loose; detach: hikers loosing their packs at camp.
    4. To let fly; discharge: loosed an arrow.
    5. To release pressure or obligation from; absolve: loosed her from the responsibility.
    6. To make less strict; relax: a leader's strong authority that was loosed by easy times.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 04:55 PM
    I don't think this is a big deal, or a huge surprise. Roger's has made a business decision based most likely on their sales so far of BB10 devices and their forecasts for continuing Blackberry sales in light of recent company announcements.

Since many people believe (with good reason) that the Z30 will be Blackberry's last device, it shouldn't come as a big surprise that carriers may be less than enthusiastic about purchasing or promoting it.
    Moonbase0ne likes this.
    10-03-13 05:02 PM
    I am all for Rogers carrying Z30s, but I am not sure they should carry loose clients as well. Too many germs.
    10-03-13 05:08 PM
    So cute

Posted via CB10
    Loll, indeed it pretty cute to see this foolish attempt to force such a big carrier to lose money on inventory for a device they will not waste more money advertising = doomed to failed

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 05:11 PM
    You could always register for one there...
    Rogers won't do pre-orders because they would still be required to committ to purchasing a set number of units which would sit in inventory (costing money) and then inevitably get marked down (costing more money) and likely show even worse sales than the Z10 and Q10 already have...

but I digress... as for the OP, I choose loose clients. My wife may not be happy about that but I would far rather my telco provide services to promiscuous people that I might then encounter at my local Rogers + store.

oh wait, did you mean carry the Z30 or Lose clients?
    Lolol I was waiting for someone to catch that.
    To let loose; release: loosed the dogs.
    2. To make loose; undo: loosed his belt.
    3. To cast loose; detach: hikers loosing their packs at camp.
    4. To let fly; discharge: loosed an arrow.
    5. To release pressure or obligation from; absolve: loosed her from the responsibility.
    6. To make less strict; relax: a leader's strong authority that was loosed by easy times.

Posted via CB10
    I am no expert, but it should be "lose." The usage of "loose" here is not even close to being correct. Just wanted to throw that out there since you included the definition of "loose."
    kbz1960 and reeneebob like this.
    I'm amazed at this news..... It'll cost them ten's of sales......

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
    BerryWizard, ihys, h20work and 9 others like this.
    10-03-13 05:16 PM
    I am no expert, but it should be "lose." The usage of "loose" here is not even close to being correct. Just wanted to throw that out there since you included the definition of "loose."
    To be released from their contracts! Released from their contractual obligations!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 05:17 PM
    I would Buy direct from BB if that were an option. Have to complain to rogers for sure. I have informed them of my displeasure in their decision and I will be calling and requesting discount's. I will even consider relocating services. I guess it is all we can do.
    mike869 likes this.
    10-03-13 05:18 PM
    I will be leaving Rogers after 21 years, 4 family cell phones, home phone, extreme high speed, 3 HD boxes, and some specialty channels, they can look me up to confirm.

I called them today and they said they will be getting it, although I'm not entirely confident front line agents really have to scoop.

Z10 via CB10
    Dude! You want to waste all the rebates you can have with such a lot of revenue and customer loyalty ? If you don't know how to negociate a contact let me do it for you and you give me 25% of whatever discount I can get more than you. If you leave and go elsewhere, you will have to start at regular customer prices.

Look, I've been with fido for 6 years and I now pay 60% less on my contract ( for 5 smartphone lines) compared to the announced price ! You want me to give away these advantages for what again ?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 05:19 PM
    I'm amazed at this news..... It'll cost them ten's of sales......

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
    "TEN'S OF SALES"

Petition to Rogers! Carry z30 or lose clients!-images-1-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 05:23 PM
    To be released from their contracts! Released from their contractual obligations!

Posted via CB10
    Maybe you should have said "or let loose your customers", or you can just admit you made a simple mistake. We all do from time to time
    10-03-13 05:25 PM
    Do you mean BB will be out of business or will they stop manufactoring handhelds?
    Stop making handsets. Seriously doubt they will go out of business. Scaled back, and a fraction of the size....but here non the less

CB10'n it.....via my Z
    BerryWizard likes this.
    10-03-13 05:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    Still does not work, but carry on. You would have to set the sentence up differently for that to work.
    10-03-13 05:38 PM
    I'll take loose clients (females only) over the z30.
    I'll take loose clients (females only) over the z30.

There, now that works for ME
    10-03-13 05:43 PM
    Nonsense I say!! All they have to do is add a poll and some data from StatCounter and VIOLA!!...credibility
    Don't forget the quote from Heins "we are going to sell tens of million of these" lol
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    10-03-13 05:59 PM
    I think the biggest protest you could make would be to leave Rogers and tell them why on you're way out.
    Rogers are just trying to save you from yourself.
    Coachbulldog and paper_monkey like this.
    10-03-13 05:59 PM
    Yes! Any word from BlackBerry on this?

Posted via CB10
    They might at an unreasonable high price, of course.
    10-03-13 06:02 PM
    Why don't you go buy a z10 and a q10 and a q5 to go with your supposed z30 to support Canadian business as a canadian. Don't need that many phones sitting around? Neither does rogers.

Posted via CB10
    I have two z10's and 2 q5's in my household and several playbooks and I'm with Rogers. Maybe I should have started this thread? BTW my phones and tablets don't sit around.

I personally think it is pathetic what Rogers is doing here.. simply because a month or so back they were complaining all the way to the Canadian government (and on the radio, tv ,etc.) about Verizon making a move into Canada. They wanted all the CANADIAN support to protest against an American company coming into Canada and setting up shop. And they pull this sh|t. I can renew my corporate phone each year from Rogers and I'm due in 6 months. And I will be thoroughly pissed if I can't get a z30 directly from Rogers if BB is still selling handsets at that time.

If they're ordering phones already from BB what the big deal adding one more to the roster and carry a few a first to see how it'll sell? Shameful.
    10-03-13 06:04 PM
    That's just sucks. I locked in for 2 years when I got my Z. But definitely looking into switching. Screw them so mich for support on local....

Posted via CB10 on my Zee10 on 10.2.xXxX
    10-03-13 06:04 PM
    I would Buy direct from BB if that were an option. Have to complain to rogers for sure. I have informed them of my displeasure in their decision and I will be calling and requesting discount's. I will even consider relocating services. I guess it is all we can do.
    I am sure they will still be in business after you and anyone on Crackberry leave. They have over 9 millions wireless subscribers
    10-03-13 06:07 PM
    Let's be honest here, 98% of you even saying you'll leave Rogers... Won't. You're in contracts and when you look at the cancelation fee you'll forget all about it. If you want a Z30 bad enough, buy one off contract, unlock it and be happy. Rogers decision is that of a business one, they have too much inventory of unsold devices now.
    10-03-13 06:14 PM
    Don't forget the quote from Heins "we are going to sell tens of million of these" lol
    I think he meant to say, "We are going to write off tens of millions of these."
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    10-03-13 06:18 PM
    Amazing! I called Rogers today to upgrade my wife's phone to iPhone 5s, at the end of the call I asked whether they support Z30 and the gentleman on the other side said he wasn't sure. Then I went on asking whether it was a good idea to upgrade to Z30, instead of answering my question, he asked me what's my concern. I told him that BlackBerry could go out of business. He then said that, other that he didn't know what to say... then after a pause he said that I should still be able to get warranty from BlackBerry directly, and I can also purchase the device protection plan from Rogers.

It seems that Rogers is just not sure about the future of BlackBerry and the demand from the public for Z30. Maybe they are just giving it a moment.

Thinking about Z30...
    10-03-13 06:25 PM
    Rogers doesn't care to sell 1000 or 2000 z30's.

They probably got tons of q's and z's to unload yet.

Posted via CB10
    milo53 likes this.
    10-03-13 06:27 PM
219 12345 ...