BlackBerry has got to downsize so that payroll matches revenues. They are becoming a Software and Services company, just look at what software and services brought in on the last earnings report. Going to need a lot of positions vacated....

Posted via CB10
    That's how it should be, but we're seeing too much of the same bonus' going on, Chen got over 1.36million in 90days alone last year, so how much is he taking when revenues have NOT climbed since his watch began? Hmm.

BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    02-17-14 02:25 AM
    Just to note that the main problems were of strategic direction set from the very top. Also, several guys have left and not been fired. I'd also point out that the new team have yet to deliver anything new, dynamic or creative - they all seem to be all implementing thors original plans. So the jury is still out.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    EXACTLY! Seems I'm not the only one properly reading, watching, and raking notes!!

Excellent!

BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    02-17-14 02:26 AM
    Just to note that the main problems were of strategic direction set from the very top. Also, several guys have left and not been fired. I'd also point out that the new team have yet to deliver anything new, dynamic or creative - they all seem to be all implementing thors original plans. So the jury is still out.

Left or fired. Tomato tamato. It is just how they worked out being told that they need to leave.

Posted from my Z30 using CB10
    02-17-14 08:14 AM
    Left or fired. Tomato tamato. It is just how they worked out being told that they need to leave.

Posted from my Z30 using CB10

There is a world of difference between being fired and leaving by your choice.
    About the only point of commonality is that at the end, you are gone.
    Fired folks are rarely missed, Leavers frequently are.

JBB
    02-17-14 09:25 AM
    That's the problem though, where's the new talent? Are the Execs Chen hired taking this over or is the position just now empty?
    Some positions will get replaced, some will be determined as bloat that wasn't necessary or ineffective and not get replaced. BlackBerry was obviously an inefficient mess that grew for the sake of growing and didn't grow wisely. I think Chen wants to get it down to bare bones management so decisions can be made from the top to bottom quickly. I wish that Chen would have taken over instead of TH because he is doing the C suite flushing that was needed to purge the old, dysfunctional BlackBerry corporate culture that we have heard of from many sources over the past couple of years.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 09:32 AM
    There is a world of difference between being fired and leaving by your choice.
    About the only point of commonality is that at the end, you are gone.
    Fired folks are rarely missed, Leavers frequently are.

JBB
    Indeed, and you often find the first to leave are the more ambitious, capable and important team members. As I recall most of the top TAT designers have already gone.

JeepBB likes this.
    02-17-14 09:33 AM
31 12