so i run my personal business with a BB 8300 curve.... i also have my day job email set up with desktop redirector to the same phone.

due to my IT guys lack of Outlook knowledge his solution to an error is to set me up on the company Exchange server.

my concern is that any other communication I make with my phone will be going thru the company's exchange server.

need to know quickly if that is true or not... even if there is the smallest chance that something personal can be tracked back i dont think im interested - but will need to prep how to explain it to him.

please help!
    05-18-10 08:20 AM
    If you are going to be put on a BES then Yes, anything that goes on through your phone,be it sms, email, phone calls, and pictures can be "tracked".
    If you are going to receive email using OWA then you don't have anything to worry about.

Do you pay for the phone or does your company pay for the phone? If they want you on BES/Exchange and they do not pay for the device, make them get you a new device, for work only.
    05-18-10 08:58 AM
    thanks saukrateaz! thats exactly what i needed to know. they do not pay for my phone right now, budget cuts - and it really is just a perk for my associates to be able to get a hold of me that way.
    but i do too much side business on my own for them to question what is going in and out of it for my personal use.
    thanks again!
    05-18-10 09:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD