Has anyone tried this out yet?

I'm thinking if BlackBerry keeps making phones with an android OS, we will finally see mainstream apps.

If the security is what BlackBerry says it will be, I don't think I'd mind a droidberry passport, classic or Q10. BlackBerry for me is all about the keyboard and efficiency/productivity/speed.

Security I can handle on my own as I'm not your typical consumer. I know how to secure and privatize my phones.
    10-29-15 05:43 PM
    Periscope will require a runtime update to 4.4 . Many social media apps are tied to Google Services so one may need to patch around it.
    10-29-15 05:47 PM
    Think less...buy Priv...
    10-29-15 05:49 PM
    I have a Q10, Classic, and Passport. I'm set for a long time.
    10-29-15 06:15 PM
    Praying that they somehow update the runtime...don't use much android apps but one of my favorite youtubers started using Periscope. Ran to snap to download it only to find out that the runtime only supports up to 4.3. Womp...if they can update the runtime...that would be reason enough for me to not even give the priv a second thought. But wishful thinking I guess....

Pimp slappin iGeeks, Droinerds and Windufuses with my big white Z30
    10-29-15 11:36 PM
    I think I saw a Meerkat app by Nemory in BlackBerry World

Knobtviker was last reported to be working on a third party Periscope app

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-30-15 12:10 AM
    if they can update the runtime...that would be reason enough for me to not even give the priv a second thought.
    ...which is exactly why they won't update it.

Posted via CB10
    Lacuna_a_x likes this.
    10-30-15 08:05 AM
    ...which is exactly why they won't update it.

Posted via CB10
    Loyal subject BBRY: Hey King Google - can we play both sides at once?

King Google: No.
    10-31-15 04:12 PM
    I wish they would pull the runtime and make it an optional install. Then I can see some path to upgrade the runtime... BlackBerry please do this! Some offshoot of BlackBerry can advance the runtime for a small upgrade fee. F*** king Google and do it.

 Passport SE 
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    10-31-15 06:46 PM
    Last week in the Dev Blog, there was no mention of updating the runtime so its 100% not going to happen in the near term.
    11-03-15 11:33 AM
    A BB10 Os Priv would be my dream come true, if it is released...Chen pleaaaseee!

  
    11-04-15 12:32 AM
    Hi, Scope10 is a native periscope client for BlackBerry 10. Currently available for free at BlackBerry Beta Zone. I suggest you all interested to try it out. Thank you

Posted via CB10
    miker476 and dusdal like this.
    11-10-15 06:04 AM
    I guess there's still no change on the meerkat and periscope front?

I managed to install the meerkat apk, allowed me to create an account and stream, it was very slow on the passport and the video was rotated.

Periscope failed to installed.

Based on the previous posters recommendation of Scope10, thanks but no thanks. The reviews clearly show the person/people behind the Scope10 app are as useless as Blackberry when it comes to software development and customer support lol

I don't understand Russian or German but judging by the capitalization and exclamation marks on the reviews, coupled with the actual English reivews, I'll probably stay clear.

The only good reviews appear to be from those who got handed a freebie from the beta testing, bias to be expected there

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 03:03 PM