I have been putting some thought into what I want my next phone to be like. Originally, I was waiting on the Tour with great anticipation, but from what I have read here, it really is an updated Curve with little new features. So, I began thinking of what I would really want and made the following list, I am sure I missed a few things, but just throwing it out there.

Hardware:
    A keyboard like the 8830
    Touch screen (think Palm 800)
    Fully functional GPS
    A truly fast processor
    WIFI
    6 hour talk time
    Standard headphone jack
    Removable battery
    No slider, flip or other part to break
    At least 2GB on board usable RAM

Software:
    Can reliably play Windows movie files and Youtube.
    FULL web browser (at least as good as the I-Phone)
    OTA synch to Yahoo! or G-mail for contacts and calendar
    BB Messenger
    Threaded texting
    Push mail
    A more flexible desktop management suite
    Lots of applications Which means a developer friendly kit

When I look at my Curve, it does a good bit of what I want, but after getting a taste of what it can do, it makes me want a little more. I am somewhat envious of the I-Phone�s web browsing capabilities. It is maddening to need to access a website such as Travelocity and not be able to do so.
    09-19-09 11:04 AM
    Sounds more like a custom smart phone.
    09-19-09 11:14 AM
    Sounds like a nice device... unfortunately, it doesn't really sound like a BB either...
    09-19-09 11:27 AM
    Actually, I hope RIM will make something that is close! I wonder if they have thought about it. In the past, I used Palm products, unfortunately, they didn't update their software for years and technology moved on. I hope RIM doesn't do the same thing.
    09-19-09 11:31 AM
    My understanding is that is exactly where RIM is headed but we are probably a year or two off of that.
    It sounds like the next generation Bold is close to that and with the ability to store Apps and more data to the card, the Storm2 could get there. It's going to take major software to do this. Hopefully the browser that RIM is working on gets us closer.
    Time will tell, the problem is we are all looking for it now and RIM is looking at it later.
    09-19-09 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD