No I mean I think the 7 inch tablet size is the perfect size to have incorporated a physical keyboard right onto the device, the playbook. Just like the 9900 has, it’s not too wide where you couldn’t dig your thumbs into it enough to comfortably sink those keys. Typing on the pplaybook isn’t too much different than typing on my iPad with the virtual keyboard and it’s not something I prefer doing if there is a PKB nearby. Just imagine an oversized blackberry 9900, that’s what I’m talking about ;-)
    Haha, no single thumbing that beast! Lol. Something that size would definitely fit in these days.

Have you attempted to bridge/remote 9900 to PB? BB never really refined the concept to full maturity, afaik. But, I've experimented with using the 9900 itself as a detached Bluetooth KB. Even better is 9900's trackpad for navigating PB thru "remote"...

Two of my "smart guys" have hacked up a couple apps that are permitting me to play with an old 9900 as detached bluetooth keyboard & trackpad on my D60. Still clunky & laggy but promises single thumb convenience on monster sized slabs... fwiw. Even the 100" monster display in our conference room! Type-by-feel (TBF) is essential to that remote typing experience, tho. Otherwise, constantly shifting eyes from KB to screen would get pretty fatiguing. Even on the same device, I'd think.

VKB has a LONG way to go to challenge PKB for TBF. A skill set I've never regretted mastering.
    07-26-18 06:43 AM
    I never had any problems with any of the blackberry devices I've owned over the years..Started with the curve 8520,, Z3, Classic, Keyone silver, black, Bronze, PRIV and now the silver key 2.. all of 'em worked smoothly n fine for me.. And I think Key 2 is the best pkb phone that I've owned and I'm sure they're on right track and we're gonna see more dope pkb devices in near future.

But till this point,, I just love the keyboard on the key 2,, resembles that of classic but it's far better than the classic.. And to what I realize,, key2 keys are similar to that of PRIV but with more clickiness and are longer plus wider.
    07-26-18 02:35 PM
    I’ve been reading deep into the archives of the BlackBerry playbook on the net because I’m really getting into mine and I’m finding more and more things I can do with it but anyway there were rumours back in about 2012 that people were seeing 10 inch playbook tablets that were experimental (or so they thought)so that would’ve been the second generation, but they could’ve even taking it one step further, they could’ve put a physical keyboard on it and had some type of laptop tablet hybrid which might’ve been pretty interesting in my opinion. I don’t know if anyone’s ever thought of a Playbook tablet with a PKB or not? But I think their goal was to take QNX further into handsets but the rest is history and it never saw the light of day.
    There was a keyboard accessory for the PlayBook... Blackberry PlayBook receives official keyboard accessory | Ubergizmo
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    07-26-18 02:56 PM
    Haha, no single thumbing that beast!

Have you attempted to bridge/remote 9900 to PB? BB never really refined the concept to full maturity, afaik. But, I've experimented with using the 9900 itself as a detached Bluetooth KB. Even better is 9900's trackpad for navigating PB thru "remote"...

VKB has a LONG way to go to challenge PKB for TBF. A skill set I've never regretted mastering.
    No single-thumbing but that is a comfortable device with 2 hands, but using 2 thumbs. My friends remarked how heavy it seems for a small tablet.

I did bridge it and absolutely no probs but I really wish I could share the apps from the 9900 to Playbook when it is bridged. It is impossible to find Spotify and TuneIn radio (for example) that are fully searchable on the 9900 App World but they are nowhere to be found on the PB’s AW.

Check out my post on the Playbook forum, etc.
    07-26-18 08:12 PM
    No keyboard issues with either the Passport or KEYone. For me, the Passport was the "perfect keyboard." The KEYone's keyboard has been fine.
    08-11-18 07:40 AM
    I have had many Blackberry devices over the years and the Passport and Bold where the best keyboard models for me.

The z30 will always be one of my favorite OS10 devices with the Passport and Classic In a close second.

I currently switch between my KeyOne and my iPhone X and the KeyOne is a slow phone and I would like to find a black limited KeyOne with the extra ram because I know several clients who have them and say it makes a huge difference.

I would still like to see a Bold 9900 series with an Android OS, but because of the screen size, I don’t think it would ever happen, if I can dream.
    RaybanRJ and idssteve like this.
    08-11-18 01:27 PM
    A KEY3 with OLED screen, dual speakers, IP rating and normal spacebar would be pretty damn close to perfect
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    08-15-18 05:56 AM
32 12