Hi,

I think it is the perfect combination for most people - at least for me

a 9900 for communication and a 7" tablet using if you need the big screen.

Still is very mobile but also have a good keyboard.

To sad Pb was never reduced in price in my region, 200 and I would be waiting in line for at least 40 minutes

Pb a side - I do not want to buy it for 400+ - what do you think about a 7", 8" or 10" tablet + your (most of the time) awesome BB?

I also thought about a second device, like these 5.x" androids I've seen here for only 250 Euro (incl. all taxes here)
    12-18-11 05:43 AM
    I use my 9930 but carry a samsung tab and I have the best of both worlds.
    12-18-11 06:23 AM
    ya im still rocking the 9550, damn CDMA only network arg, and my PB fits very nicely in my parka pocket so i get to have it everywhere i go
    CanadianThomas likes this.
    12-18-11 06:48 AM
    My 9860 and 16gig PlayBook are a great combo, wouldn't swap it for anything. Had a 2 month spell with the iPhone 4. Impulse buy, great phone - loved the size of the screen! Just wasn't for me. Seen the 9860 was screen size what made me want it, plus I love BB!
    12-18-11 03:07 PM
    hehe - I only can follow comments like "now I have/will buy a iphone 4/4S if in their description is an only touch BB -> I just can't imagine to go to a touch only system. If I could I would left BB a long time ago (started with 6230, followed by 7230, 8700, 8300 and Bold (9000); now 9900)

A Bp would solve my prob with the data plan as well - but where I live we never got a reduced price and honestly I need to get more familar with android as I really doubt that RIM will change (what need to be changed) and yes - call me a pessimist, sure I am.

So I'm checking android tablets the last few days and also got some interesting ones - 7" or 8" are my favorites, Samsung have a few nice devices (also Apple sued and Samsung is not allowed to sell there actual 7-8" versions > ) but there a few 150-200 tablets which are coming directly from china/china brands - just this devices have no 3G and so I still hoping for wifi hotspot/ 7.1 ah I already mentioned that ^^
    12-18-11 07:11 PM
    As far as I am concerned, my 9930 and my 16 gb PB IS the perfect combo. I carry my phone in my pocket, and I carry my PB in my purse. If I need (or just want) a larger screen, out comes the PB with or without bridge depending on what I need to do. I really love this combo, partially because it doesn't cost anything for "tethering". My unlimited plan really works for me, and I get to have the BEST with my beloved BB.
    12-18-11 08:08 PM
    9900 + iPod Touch + iPad = HEAVEN
    12-19-11 08:55 AM
    i have a 9860 + PB combo and i can't wait to dump the 9860 for a 9900. any trade takers?
    12-19-11 11:27 AM
    I have a 9650 and PlayBook(32gb) NO problems with either since day one on both devices, in my book thats equals a perfect combination
    12-19-11 11:34 AM
    At the moment, I only have the Bold 9900 which suits me very well! But I think adding a Playbook will make this the perfect combination!
    12-19-11 12:17 PM
    Surprisingly my odd coupled Tour and Playbook is working well.

Thank goodness for Bluetooth.
    12-19-11 12:47 PM
    It is perfect. The only reason I have a 9850 is because with my carrier it was this or a curve. Otherwise I would have a 9930.
    12-19-11 01:11 PM
    Playbook with a Blackberry Bold device such as the Blackberry Bold 9900 is a great combination!
    12-19-11 11:04 PM
    so I got my PB two days ago.

At the moment I'm not so sure if I will keep it. Honestly I'm shocked how unfinished this 1 os is even after 8 month, and even after I read a few things about it.

Of course I will have to test more and especially I need to check what 2.0 beta brings.

With OS 1 and only two days I'm thinking switching it with an android tablet as there I get the Apps and standard programms the BB OS and also the QNX OS are missing.

Also of course reading something on the PB is nice, but with the 9900 the only thing I'm really missing compared to the PB would be flash support. For this alone I don't need the PB.

I keep you updated.
    12-29-11 06:29 AM
    9930/Playbook are perfect combo. Used an Ipad all Christmas break and not for me. Too heavy and except for magazine viewing I feel as though the Playbook wins in every catagory. Especially with sound, HDMI connection and web viewing.
    12-29-11 06:45 AM
    9930/Playbook are perfect combo. Used an Ipad all Christmas break and not for me. Too heavy and except for magazine viewing I feel as though the Playbook wins in every catagory. Especially with sound, HDMI connection and web viewing.
    yeah, a 10 (or 9.7 ) " device is something I'm not looking at.

Still have a very compatitive multimedia pc at home

I like the PlayBook! the form, the feeling in my hands, also the swiping/gestigure etc.

This makes it so hard as at the same time there are not so many apps and especially I haven't found much what I would like to have and if there are apps there go very fast into 10+ bugs.

Especially that there a few services which are us only...

What I don't like is the missing word correction (but ok, I just wrote someting with the PB to test it, my Bold 9900 is so much better to do it... )

I'm reading and watching (yt) now infos about OS 2 to get a feeling how the future of the device will be.

It's just sad that RIM does have put such a nice OS in a unfinished (standards like email etc. without bb) version, still is in my opinion, to the market. Marketing was like it's a whole thing, but without a BB it's not usable in my opionen (at least if it costs over 150)
    12-29-11 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD