Seems like too good of a deal to be true. I'm wondering what the catch is.. I looked into the AT&T service in particular and from what I can tell it's the same contract activation deal and requirements as going directly through AT&T. Does anyone have experience with purchasing their device activating their phone service through Amazon ??
    07-03-14 12:50 PM
    The "catch" is you must sign up for a 2 year contract. Also sometimes you must maintain service levels too, a certain rate plan for example and usually NOT the cheapest plan.
    07-03-14 12:55 PM
    Lots of catches and got ya's in most cases, like how you can't change your plan or cancel service within a certain amount of time otherwise you'll be violating Amazon's agreement rather than AT&T's. Some people have no issues, some people have big ones. Best thing to be said is to READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS very carefully.
    pkcable, riss89 and Playbook007 like this.
    07-03-14 12:57 PM
    Lots of catches and got ya's in most cases, like how you can't change your plan or cancel service within a certain amount of time otherwise you'll be violating Amazon's agreement rather than AT&T's. Some people have no issues, some people have big ones. Best thing to be said is to READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS very carefully.
    I read everything I could find on the terms and conditions, and it looks like everything is the same- activation of a two-year contract with ETF if cancelled early, 14 day return policy (but actually 30 with Amazon), same activation fee, a one year warranty for malfunction or mechanical issues, the option to add insurance through AT&T. The only real difference I've noted is the price- $50 vs $0.01. Seems like a no-brainer :-D

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    07-03-14 02:01 PM
    The "catch" is you must sign up for a 2 year contract. Also sometimes you must maintain service levels too, a certain rate plan for example and usually NOT the cheapest plan.
    That's not bad at all. In fact a two year activation is what I want. And it allows for a new line to be added to an existing account as an individual line or with a family plan, which is also what I want. Maintaining the service levels won't be a problem because they'd be maintained either way

07-03-14 02:03 PM
    That's not bad at all. In fact a two year activation is what I want. And it allows for a new line to be added to an existing account as an individual line or with a family plan, which is also what I want. Maintaining the service levels won't be a problem because they'd be maintained either way

It works for some people, just read the terms carefully before you do it. If you can live with them, then go for it! If you have no intention of breaking your contract, and you are ok, maintaining the service level (if required) then it's a great way to get a free phone. (1 cent is essentially a free phone)
    Last edited by pkcable; 07-03-14 at 02:35 PM.
    07-03-14 02:06 PM
    It works for some people, just read the terms carefully before you do it. If you can live with them, then go for it! If you have no intention of breaking your contract, and you are ok, maintaining the service level (if required) then it's a great way to get a free phone. (1 cent in essentially a free phone)
    Awesome man! The fact that there's no waving red flags has made my whole day lol :-). Not that $50 is bad, I thought that price alone was an amazing deal. But you're right, a penny is basically free.. I could go out into the street and find one just waisted away. I've been with Sprint for 12 years so I feel pretty good about being able to make a commitment and sticking to it

07-03-14 02:11 PM
    That's how I bought the Z10 last year, that is, from Amazon for 1 penny plus another 2-year contract continuation with AT&T. No problem whatsoever from Amazon or AT&T. In short, it's exactly the same as if you were to buy the phone from AT&T.
    riss89 and Playbook007 like this.
    07-03-14 06:43 PM
    Perhaps it's BlackBerry and Amazon's way of getting the new alliance underway.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 01:03 PM
    Seems like too good of a deal to be true. I'm wondering what the catch is.. I looked into the AT&T service in particular and from what I can tell it's the same contract activation deal and requirements as going directly through AT&T. Does anyone have experience with purchasing their device activating their phone service through Amazon ??
    I'm looking on the mobile site and can't find it.
    Where should I be looking?
    Thank you

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-04-14 02:06 PM
    Thank you

You have to go to the full website. The mobile site doesn't support buying a phone on contract.
    p51 likes this.
    07-04-14 04:57 PM
    Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 05:55 PM
    I bought my Q10 through the same deal at Amazon about 3 months ago but with service from Sprint. After taxes, my total cost was around $48 dollars. The catch was, like always, a two year contract but I was willing to go for it because I always wanted a Q10 ever since it was announced. No issues what so ever and highly recommend this offer from Amazon.
    riss89 likes this.
    07-04-14 06:03 PM
    Hopefully BlackBerry will ditch shop BlackBerry now and focus on selling through amazon with carrier plans.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 04:29 PM
    Thank you

What donnation said.. Once you get to the amazon website just type "blackberry q10" in the search box and scroll. A mix of items will come up but you'll see it, they have separate but similar offers for other carriers too

07-06-14 12:30 PM