OK, so I've hit You tube and watched all the instructional videos and watched the Pebble on iPhone and Android devices and then saw it working in BlackBerry 10. "Talk 2 Watch our native third-party app is coming around but in my opinion is still not there. But now that we can download android apps from 1Mobile and Snap I couldn't see why I couldn't download the official Pebble Watch App from there and try it out. The download went seemlessly and it is now downloaded on my phone. All I need is the actual pebble watch. So here's my question. Has anyone used a Pebble Smart Watch on BlackBerry 10, particularly on the Z10 with the official android app? Did it work for you? Any glitches? Or would I be stuck with no other option but "Talk 2 Watch"?

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 08:57 PM
    Okay so there's a couple things you've got to know when it comes to the Pebble Smartwatch on BB10.2.1
    (Any 10.3 leak has Bluetooth issues in the leaked Android version, which should be fixed upon actual 10.3 release)

1. You can only use the actual Pebble app for Android when updating/installing apps onto your pebble or configuring them.
    Any time you think about messaging integration you may as well give up because the app is native to Android and therefore can't access your Blackberry Hub the same way as a native BlackBerry app. This means you need to ignore the app asking for messaging permissions, etc. Just go ahead and connect the pebble and install apps, but you're not going to get the messages when you receive them on your phone on your watch. You MUST run a 3rd party app.
    2. The best alternative that's pretty awesome, Talk2Watch, MUST stay open! If you close it, it's not going to work as it's not fully headless yet (at least my version at the time of writing). Then if you want to go further and use macro's, the native BlackBerry app Smart Watch Companion (SWC) is a pretty good app for all of it's added functions!

So to answer your first question;
    Yes, I'm using my Pebble with my Z10 and I only use the Pebble Android app for updating/installing apps/watchfaces.
    There are some glitches in the BlackBerry OS which I hope are addressed soon:
    When a headless android app is closed, it doesn't always close fully even if you task kill it from device manager or long-hold 'x' to close it. Sometime's they're persistent and will keep trying to open, like the Pebble Android app. I used to time it so that I connected Talk2Watch first and then the Pebble app wouldn't try to open until I closed that and the BT connection was open and not used or else it'd keep trying to open, but eventually I just gave up on it and I deleted the Pebble Android app and only leave Talk2Watch on it full time. I reinstall the Pebble Android app when I want to update apps or install new ones, then just delete again as it's pretty seamless.
    In all honesty just go with Talk2Watch, it'll be your best investment for your Pebble! Normally I'm against going with paid apps but this developer really deserves full props for how great he's made the app with the APIs he's currently got to work with. If you don't want to I think there's a free version but honestly, for how cheap it is just chip in the little bit and enjoy a seamless native BlackBerry experience!

Just my advice from my experience with my Arctic White Pebble:
    Hope you end up enjoying it with your Z10 as much as I have!
    jstirtzinger and lactose like this.
    08-08-14 10:20 PM
    Wow that was great advise. Thank you very much. Next step? My Pebble. Thanks again!

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 11:13 PM
    Thanks for this thread. My son is saving his allowance for a smart watch and is hoping to get my Z10 whenever I upgrade. He was happy to learn about the Pebble watch.

My Z10 - an extension of me
    08-09-14 02:30 PM
    So to use the pebble with SWC, talk2watch is required too?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 03:06 PM
    One question though D3, honestly do you get the full pebble experience on the Z10, in other words are all the apps that are available using it with an Android, also available when using it with a z10? Meaning FB, Twitter, Foursquare, SportCenter... etc? and are all the Watch faces available when using with the Android also available when using with the z10?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 06:11 PM
    So to use the pebble with SWC, talk2watch is required too?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, unfortunately SWC integrates into your Pebble through Talk2Watch!

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 04:33 PM
    One question though D3, honestly do you get the full pebble experience on the Z10, in other words are all the apps that are available using it with an Android, also available when using it with a z10? Meaning FB, Twitter, Foursquare, SportCenter... etc? and are all the Watch faces available when using with the Android also available when using with the z10?

Posted via CB10
    So you get a 'mostly' experience with the Z10 unfortunately. You can use so many watchfaces and even some that integrate with the Web to get you weather, etc, but it is limited to what the developer of Talk2Watch has added in that context. On the app front, you can use most of the apps and I have yet to find one that doesn't work. ESPN still hasn't been released to the Android Pebble app so you can't get that on your BlackBerry, but you will be able to when it's properly released same as Android!

Honestly, it's a pretty great experience even with its limitations and I just hope that:
    A. The developer keeps adding features and eventually full BBM integration
    Or
    B. 10.3 or a future BlackBerry OS update will have such Android+native notification integration that it's able to just use the Android Pebble app without any third party app connecting it to your phone!

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 04:37 PM
    The experience and development is different.

T2w has shared the api so bb10 app developers can use it in their apps. I think there are things that android/iphone users don't have but we do in bb10.

Regarding the apps for instance, power tools is among other things a notification app. The app uses t2w to send additional notifications to your watch like Geofencing, battery status, etc. So you don't need to grab your phone for these things.

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    08-13-14 05:48 PM
    You should review this tread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=868207

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    08-13-14 05:50 PM
    Guys I can't thank you enough for all this great information. I ordered my pebble from a third party on Amazon called EZCORP, and they really screwed me over my Pebble was supposed to be in tomorrow and they mailed it to the wrong address. Now I'm stuck between waiting for the person to return the Pebble to EZCORP so they can then mail it to me or get my money back. I ordered it from them cause it was a uses - like new condition and was a much cheaper. Can't help to think they made a mistake on the price and decided to pull this stunt in order to get me to cancel so they can sell it for more. But hey, maybe I'm just being paranoid. In any event great information. Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 07:50 PM
    Just ordered my Pebble Steel. Thanks for the info!!! Helped make my decision.

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    08-14-14 11:09 AM
    So 10.3 have bluetooth issues with Pebble? Does it not connec?
    09-10-14 11:52 PM
    Original 10.3, back on version 10.3.0.140.

I'm going to test it right now on my leak after I upgrade my android runtime to the one from 1154 due to some bugs in mine.

I'll keep you posted!

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    09-11-14 08:50 PM
    Ordering my Pebble tomorrow!! Will a close eye on this thread through set up

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 10:43 PM
    Original 10.3, back on version 10.3.0.140.

I'm going to test it right now on my leak after I upgrade my android runtime to the one from 1154 due to some bugs in mine.

I'll keep you posted!

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    So how does the 1154 go with it?
    09-11-14 11:57 PM
    So how does the 1154 go with it?
    Okay unfortunately I got tied up with a whole bunch of things and this got thrown on the back burner!

I finally got some free time half an hour ago and decided I'd try and see if there were any improvements since my original run in 10.3.

So far I'm seeing about the same quality as 10.2.1 (which is good! It wouldn't run on the original 10.3 leaks)
    I have yet to sideload 1154, but I'm running the original 10.3.0.1052 leak on my Z10STL100-3 and it's running beautifully.

Still no proper notification integration due to lack of a Google notifications intermediate to properly handle the hub, but the appstore runs much more smoothly than it used to! Updated all of my apps and changed their settings like a breeze!
    Now the only limits for this app is the development community which currently is only a collection of weather-fetching watchfaces, but they're still awesome and it beats the heck out of nothing!
    Super pumped I can go back to using my Pebble again (and it's interface for updating and stuff looks much better now, just on a side note :P)

Hope this helps everyone! If you are any other questions or anything you wanna say feel free to post it here as I'm usually keeping tabs incase anyone new is looking for info!

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    Ed Gar likes this.
    09-12-14 11:42 PM
    Cool, thanks for the update!

Okay unfortunately I got tied up with a whole bunch of things and this got thrown on the back burner!

I finally got some free time half an hour ago and decided I'd try and see if there were any improvements since my original run in 10.3.

So far I'm seeing about the same quality as 10.2.1 (which is good! It wouldn't run on the original 10.3 leaks)
    I have yet to sideload 1154, but I'm running the original 10.3.0.1052 leak on my Z10STL100-3 and it's running beautifully.

Still no proper notification integration due to lack of a Google notifications intermediate to properly handle the hub, but the appstore runs much more smoothly than it used to! Updated all of my apps and changed their settings like a breeze!
    Now the only limits for this app is the development community which currently is only a collection of weather-fetching watchfaces, but they're still awesome and it beats the heck out of nothing!
    Super pumped I can go back to using my Pebble again (and it's interface for updating and stuff looks much better now, just on a side note :P)

Hope this helps everyone! If you are any other questions or anything you wanna say feel free to post it here as I'm usually keeping tabs incase anyone new is looking for info!

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    09-12-14 11:44 PM
    Thank you. Now where to look for the brushed steel version....
    09-13-14 12:23 AM
    Looking to show your CrackBerry pride on your Pebble? Try one of the watch faces I made here.

http://www.watchface-generator.de/wf...21/crackberry/
    Attached Thumbnails Pebble Smartwatch on BlackBerry 10-1411280495358.jpg  
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    09-21-14 01:22 AM
    Looking to show your CrackBerry pride on your Pebble? Try one of the watch faces I made here.

http://www.watchface-generator.de/wf...21/crackberry/
    As soon as I find my Pebble charge cable done!
    How the battery life on your watchface?

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    axllebeer likes this.
    09-21-14 10:42 AM
    As soon as I find my Pebble charge cable done!
    How the battery life on your watchface?

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    Battery life is still very good. Minimal animations of the hands and there is a second hand because I like that. The battery gauge is real time and will change as the Pebble charges and discharges.

Just submitted it to the Pebble app store also so if you get it there you can save it to your Pebble app locker.
    09-21-14 11:23 AM
    Love it love it love it!

I can't beleive I didn't get a pebble steel a while ago. I like the freedom of not having my phone glued by my side on my daily grinds and the bluetooth range is very large almost as wide as my office wifi connection!
    Pebble Smartwatch on BlackBerry 10-img_20141205_082937.jpg

Posted via CB10
    GEO1ER likes this.
    12-05-14 10:31 AM
    I have pebble and pebble steel. On Z10 and now on my Passport.
    I only use the pebble android app to update watch firmware and get some of the watchfaces. Nothing else.

Then close it. I have 10.3.0 on both phones. Only new thing i notice is with that OS, the pebble app stays running in background. Can't close it.

Then use the talk2watch pro app. This is a great app., and only app i know that works, the developer of this app is very involved with it and developing other apps. I get all the notifications i want'. I also get caller ID buy adding another app,which takes care of that issue. There is another developer who developed that an other apps. The watch, for me can go about 7-10 days without charge. I only where it after work and weekends.

Passport
    12-05-14 02:18 PM
    I have pebble and pebble steel. On Z10 and now on my Passport.
    I only use the pebble android app to update watch firmware and get some of the watchfaces. Nothing else.

Then close it. I have 10.3.0 on both phones. Only new thing i notice is with that OS, the pebble app stays running in background. Can't close it.

Then use the talk2watch pro app. This is a great app., and only app i know that works, the developer of this app is very involved with it and developing other apps. I get all the notifications i want'. I also get caller ID buy adding another app,which takes care of that issue. There is another developer who developed that an other apps. The watch, for me can go about 7-10 days without charge. I only where it after work and weekends.

Passport
    I have since bought my pebble and it's working great with my Z10. I have some reservations like for example that I can't use the cool apps available on the Pebble app, because they don't work unless you are connected to it. Ever the less notifications work great with Talk2Watch.

Now, regarding your issue with the Pebble app remaining open, what you have to do is not just close the Pebble app on your phone before opening the Talk2Watch app but instead disconnect your Pebble within the Pebble app before closing it. Unlike Talk2Watch, Pebble app does not automatically disconnect the bluetooth connection with your Pebble watch when you close the app. You have to manually disconnect it and then close the app. That will prevent the app from continually opening on your phone and crashing your Talk2Watch app after you've closed it. Hope that helps. I guess the guy asking questions now has the answers.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 04:27 PM
29 12