Is there anyone else that just wants official Pebble support? The workarounds we have now just don't really seem worth it to me and I only use them because the Pebble is so cheap. But the Pebble Time is coming and I want one and it would be nice if it was fully supported on Android, iOS, Windows Phone, and BB10. I really don't see why Pebble hasn't decided to be the universal Smartwatch. Yeah, it's low market share but between bb10 and Windows phone, that's a few million users with no other option of a Smartwatch outside of the Microsoft band on Windows phone and nothing on BB10. *but yah know, if someone could make a strawpoll about this and add it here that would be great since I can't post links yet*

Posted via CrackBerry App
    04-09-15 07:03 PM
    The original Pebble is compatible with BB10 via native apps in BB World.

The next Pebble will use Android Wear so kiss the little thing good bye now.
    04-09-15 08:32 PM

Where did you hear this? Everything I've heard up to now is that it will support all of the platforms it currently does (with a wink, wink, nudge, nudge to continued 3rd party BB10/Windows Phone support)

Posted via CB10
    Sax_Derp and gunnerfitzy like this.
    04-09-15 09:12 PM

The Pebble Time supposedly will support iOS and android fully, and Windows phone and bb10 through third party software, it was never shown to use android wear, and I doubt the third gen Pebble will.

The thing is.... Why not officially and fully support the latter two OS's? They certainly have the money for it. It's just that as of right now Pebble is only truly on Android and everything else is not as important.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    04-09-15 10:01 PM

The original Pebble is compatible with BB10 via Talk2Watch and other native apps but they are third party apps and not the original, that's precisely what the OP is complaining about. He wants a native BB10 Pebble App and frankly so do I! As for Pebble using Android, I think you got that wrong bud. the watch's software is not Android and there's already been talk about the Talk2Watch developer either making his current app compatible with Pebble Time or developing a new app for Pebble Time.
    Pebble Dreams-pebbletimesteel-8.0.png

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 06:36 AM
    The funny thing is that there is such a big selection of wearables for Android, iPhone has the new Apple Watch and Windows has its own wearable, but BlackBerry has nothing. You would think that if you were Pebble you would want to develop, support and market the $h1t out of the Pebble and Pebble Time to BlackBerry users being that we have nothing. An easily exploitable market with no competition, if marketed right!

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 06:42 AM
    The original Pebble is compatible with BB10 via Talk2Watch and other native apps but they are third party apps and not the original, that's precisely what the OP is complaining about. He wants a native BB10 Pebble App and frankly so do I! As for Pebble using Android, I think you got that wrong bud. the watch's software is not Android and there's already been talk about the Talk2Watch developer either making his current app compatible with Pebble Time or developing a new app for Pebble Time.
    If an app is not an android port, it is native. So I don't see what the issue is about.

If you meant to say you two want Pebble (Company) to support BB10, yeah, would be cool, but GOOGLE (company) doens't. So the next Pebble is out of question.
    04-10-15 07:13 AM
    T2Wpro, smartwatch companion,hub2watch..etc. All work well with my pebble watches and Passport.
    Yes i would love to have direct support between the two devices.
    2 developers i know are very involved with pebble apps. And have contact with the company. I know Pebble is giving them watches (pebble time) to work on apps.
    Pebble has stated that all the apps that worked with first gen Pebble,will work with Time. I am betting on that includes my third party apps for BB! I have ordered Pebble time and time steel!

Passport on ATT
    04-10-15 07:26 AM
    If an app is not an android port, it is native. So I don't see what the issue is about.

If you meant to say you two want Pebble (Company) to support BB10, yeah, would be cool, but GOOGLE (company) doens't. So the next Pebble is out of question.
    That's the second time you've stated that Pebble Time will not work with BlackBerry without providing any proof.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 08:33 AM
    That's the second time you've stated that Pebble Time will not work with BlackBerry without providing any proof.
    Last I heard of Pebble and new devices, they were to fully embrace Android Wear. If this is the Android Wear device, then no support is to be expected.

If it isn't then I'm at error.
    04-10-15 03:15 PM
    Last I heard of Pebble and new devices, they were to fully embrace Android Wear. If this is the Android Wear device, then no support is to be expected.

I believe you are mistaken. As stated by someone else, a couple of BB10 devs have been given Pebble Time's by Pebble directly to ensure that their BB10 apps will work.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 03:48 PM
    The funny thing is that there is such a big selection of wearables for Android, iPhone has the new Apple Watch and Windows has its own wearable, but BlackBerry has nothing. You would think that if you were Pebble you would want to develop, support and market the $h1t out of the Pebble and Pebble Time to BlackBerry users being that we have nothing. An easily exploitable market with no competition, if marketed right!

Posted via CB10
    They probably don't view the market share are being worth the effort to develop and support the software.
    04-10-15 04:19 PM
    What's funny is that the original Pebble watch was made specifically for Blackberry back in the day. It was called the the InPulse watch and is now made by the same people that make the Pebble. I owned one and while it wasn't very good there was obviously a ton of potential. Kind of sad that it started with Blackberry and now they don't fully support them.
    04-10-15 07:33 PM

Diegonie I'm sorry either I'm confused or you're confused. We are absolutely saying we want a native Pebble (the company) app. Talk2Watch is Talk2Watch, Pebble is Pebble. Two different things. Talk2Watch is only a third-party app that supports the Pebble Watch. Now, with that out of the way, why do you keep bringing up Android and Google? The software in the Pebble watch is NOT Android, or any other software, operating system or other supported or related to Google. Pebble OS uses FreeRTOS Kernel. So I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    04-10-15 11:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm sorry but I really think he's confused. I think he thinks the Pebble Time is using an Android based OS and as far as I know that is not the case. As a matter of fact in an interview with the CEO he specifically says something to the effect that a smart watch should not be limited to Android OS or iOS just because by default they are the two major mobile operating systems. Sorry I really think he's confused.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 11:11 PM

Dude you are so confused it's not even funny. LOL! Android Wear and Pebble are two ENTIRELY different things. Do some some research before you post bro. You are far off on left field on this one. Hey it happens, but really do some research.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 11:14 PM
    What's funny is that the original Pebble watch was made specifically for Blackberry back in the day. It was called the the InPulse watch and is now made by the same people that make the Pebble. I owned one and while it wasn't very good there was obviously a ton of potential. Kind of sad that it started with Blackberry and now they don't fully support them.
    Yes! That is true! They sold out for iPhone and Android, but hey you can't blame them if that's where the money is. I hope they take a second look at BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 11:16 PM
    T2Wpro, smartwatch companion,hub2watch..etc. All work well with my pebble watches and Passport.
    Yes i would love to have direct support between the two devices.
    2 developers i know are very involved with pebble apps. And have contact with the company. I know Pebble is giving them watches (pebble time) to work on apps.
    Pebble has stated that all the apps that worked with first gen Pebble,will work with Time. I am betting on that includes my third party apps for BB! I have ordered Pebble time and time steel!

Passport on ATT
    I'm sure you are right. Right now Talk2Watch is the best third-party app for the Pebble on BlackBerry. But it still lacks plenty. Not to knock the developer he has done an amazing job with what he has to work with but it would really be nice if we had full features on our Pebbles and that can only happen with the Pebble developing a native app for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 11:22 PM
    Diegonie I'm sorry either I'm confused or you're confused. We are absolutely saying we want a native Pebble (the company) app. Talk2Watch is Talk2Watch, Pebble is Pebble. Two different things. Talk2Watch is only a third-party app that supports the Pebble Watch. Now, with that out of the way, why do you keep bringing up Android and Google? The software in the Pebble watch is NOT Android, or any other software, operating system or other supported or related to Google. Pebble OS uses FreeRTOS Kernel. So I'm not sure what you are talking about.
    We're both confused. Terrible when that happens. Lots of communications roadblocks. ><

So I misread they were going Android Wear. Great news really. More Pebble for us.

You though, got the idea of native wrong. Native is software coded for the platform using the platform's SKD. Both Talk2Watch and the other app are native. Guess you were far off the right field?

What you want is official support. And an official native app. Which would be nice too.
    04-11-15 09:23 AM
    OK, thanks Diegonie. I know what a native app is. Talk2Watch is a native third-party app for Pebble. NOT the Pebble app. What I would like to see is a native Official Pebble App. Maybe I mispoke but I get the concept of native. At the moment I use the Android Official Pebble app, which by definition is not native. It's good to download watch faces and apps but will not give you notifications. Talk2Watch on the other hand works perfectly with BlackBerry to give you notifications but the Pebble apps don't work with it and you can't have both apps connected to your Pebble watch at the same time. What I would like to see is a Native official Pebble app. (does that work?). That can give us all the great stuff Pebble has to offer without compromise.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 11:57 AM
    You got both my name and account wrong.

You can keep this on pal, I'm out. Concepts have been stated. We all know what you want. I too stated what you want using the right terms. Confusion should end now. Unless you decide to drag it. But you'll do it without this guy here.
    04-11-15 07:10 PM