Suretype quickly picks up your words, and I am now getting comments on how fast I respond to texts. Keep in mind I abhor text speak and spell out all words fully in my text messages as well...and yet I can bang out a 40 - 50 word text message in about 30 seconds.

I browse with Opera Mini on the Pearl, and you can use it as web view, and you will get a square with a target to zoom in on a particular section of the site. I have no problem browsing on it. I love the size of the handset, and I think it's prettier than the Curve (it seems sleeker with the side rails, they make it look even more narrow than it is and I have had a lot of compliments on the phone). I know of several people who had a Curve and went to the Pearl or had a Pearl then tried a Curve and returned to the Pearl (usually key size was the issue, I know even with girly fingers I would hit 3 keys at once on the Curve).

Anything else you would like to know about the Pearl? I have had it for a little over a month now to live with it...
    05-16-08 01:42 AM
    Suretype quickly picks up your words, and I am now getting comments on how fast I respond to texts. Keep in mind I abhor text speak and spell out all words fully in my text messages as well...and yet I can bang out a 40 - 50 word text message in about 30 seconds.

I browse with Opera Mini on the Pearl, and you can use it as web view, and you will get a square with a target to zoom in on a particular section of the site. I have no problem browsing on it. I love the size of the handset, and I think it's prettier than the Curve (it seems sleeker with the side rails, they make it look even more narrow than it is and I have had a lot of compliments on the phone). I know of several people who had a Curve and went to the Pearl or had a Pearl then tried a Curve and returned to the Pearl (usually key size was the issue, I know even with girly fingers I would hit 3 keys at once on the Curve).

Anything else you would like to know about the Pearl? I have had it for a little over a month now to live with it...
    thanx alot!
    finaly someone knows what im talking about
    05-16-08 08:32 AM
    I'll throw in my $0.02 worth, I have both, used the Pearl for 6 months, loved it, recently got a Curve, and love it too...but IMO I think the Curve is more useable and easier to type with.
    05-16-08 09:03 AM
    If you have an upgrade just wait for the 9000. Atleast that's what I would do.

I have a Curve and my girlfriend has a Pearl. I get frustrated trying to type on hers.
    The keys on the Curve are a bit too close to each other but you kind of get use to useing the corners of your fingernails to type. I'm dead-on accurate now.

Anywho, if I was in your shoes and was eligible for my upgrade I would just wait a month or so and snag the 9000.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-08 12:43 PM
    I strongly prefer the Pearl over the Curve due to the form factor. The Curve is just too big for my liking, since the whole reason I moved away from my Palm device was to ditch the "brick". I have no problem with the SureType and can type very quickly using the keys, but I am not a text addict like so many people are. If you text all day long, you likely would prefer the full keyboard.
    05-16-08 01:49 PM
    See I do text all day long, but I hated the Curve keyboard.

You guys are nuts the curve is so much better im writing this from my curve...having the full key pad is so much more better and efficient.each pearl button has two alphabets on it and its confusing and requires more pressing for the buttons. But i think someone mentioned this before but it really depends on what ur gonna use your bb for. I type and reply to emails all the time so the curve is better for me. Plus if you use a lot of the tasks and calendar application its really nice. Yoiu can view the whole week on one screen shot so its really convenient.
    And the Pearl also has a calendar etc. It is a BB. It does the same stuff the Curve does, just in a prettier package. No offense but if you typed that on the Curve keyboard, it doesn't exactly speak well to the function of said keyboard...Suretype doesn't require "more pressing for the buttons".
    Last edited by reeneebob; 05-16-08 at 04:51 PM.
    05-16-08 04:49 PM
    Funny thing is, if I know I am going to be typing a lot, I without thinking swap out my SIM card and fire up the Pearl. To each his own, I know, but I find it much easier to type long items on the 8100.
    05-16-08 05:05 PM
    First of all...if you prefer a phone because it stands out and grabs attention, then I guess you have your priorities.

Personally, I like the the way the pearl 8120 does not stick out. It is like the secret agent phone of the blackberries. It is slick, light, and easier to carry than the curve in your front pocket. The curve is great though. I like the rubberized sides on the curve better than the chrome on the pearl 8120.

Still... one of the reasons I like the looks of the 8120 more than the curve is because it doesn't stand out and scream, 'text-geek', 'business man', or 'expensive phone'.

The 8120 pearl is more stealthy, and has more of a low profile than the curve. The curve looks more like an old school calculator...sexy from a tech-head's point of view(like myself), but not really sexy to the rest of the normal world. The pearl however, is attractive while at the same time, it is very low-key.

Kind of like James Bond...no, I'm not gay, but I can recognize what is attractive (male or female).
    05-17-08 02:17 AM
    Also, I think a lot of people who complain about the suretype are probably using the 8100. I have heard that the newer suretype on the newer Operating systems is much better than on the 8100s and older. I have never used suretype before, but for me the learning curve took all of 5 minutes to master. The more I type on it, the easier it seems to get. It's actually faster than my typing experience on the 8320.
    05-17-08 02:21 AM
    Hey guys thank you for all you replies and opinions...I love this site!!!

I had to try it, I went with the curve! It took about a day to get use to it but i am already addicted and wont go back!!

Thanks again!!! Your the best!!
    05-19-08 06:28 PM
    Oh god, all my protesting down the tubes.

I just bought a Curve. It's gonna be here this week, probably in a couple of days.
    05-19-08 06:45 PM
    Congrats Reeneebob you'll love it
    05-19-08 07:10 PM
    Some of you people are funny. I have owned the Pearl and now I own a Curve. They are both great phones and I suppose most people would be happy with either one. I guess it's a personal preference. I consider the Pearl more of an entry level Blackberry, something to introduce you to BlackBerry. The curve might be kind of overwhelming for a first time blackberry owner. The Pearl has brought a lot of consumers to discover a great product that really works well. Quality products are something you don't see often these days.
    05-19-08 07:36 PM
    my only 2 complaints with the pearl was that I hated suretype as I found myself pausing and making sure I was typing correctly. And 2, the pearl felt like a toy to me. Too cheapy feeling. Curve all the way for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-08 08:30 PM
    For me it's all about size. The pearl is smaller. It fits into my pocket better and doesn't cause a lump in the side of my smallest handbag. I finally have just one phone, not one during the week at work for texting and email and one for nights out on the town. One phone that does it all.

When I traded in my AT&T curve for my Sprint pearl I wasn't sure if I'd like it. I was iffy about the keyboard. But I have no regrets and no interest in the new 8330. I'll be sporting my 8130 until the 9xxx pearl comes out.
    05-19-08 09:29 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD