Well... i think I would rather have a curve.. i went from a 6700 audiovox windows based phone which had a full keyboard and its just so much easier to text with a full keyboard.... however... i am extremely hard on phones, so the smaller, the less chance of damage? i guess
    06-04-08 01:12 AM
    my previous phone *LG Rumor- w/ the slide out keyboard* was nice.

But since i text a lot on the go, and when im not looking id use the key pad and type without looking.

i like the pearls keyboard b/c of that totally type w/o looking and the sure type is 98% accurate.

to each their own i guess. but i <3 my pearl
    06-07-08 12:13 AM
    umm they do its called the pearl lol
    Meaning screen size of a curve with the keyboard of the pearl.
    06-07-08 12:17 AM
    I have had them both. Definately the Curve. Bigger screen and full qwerty.

I took my Pearl back after only 3 weeks. Never again!

^^^AGREED^^^^ IMO...the pearl is a tad ugly...IMO
    06-07-08 12:35 AM
    ^^^AGREED^^^^ IMO...the pearl is a tad ugly...IMO
    I would argue that one, because I loved the looks of the Pearl over the Curve any day of the week.

The colour (mine was purple) with the chrome siderails was gorgeous.

But then, I love the back of the 8830 as well. I love the way they have the chromed BB emblem joining the 2 halves.
    06-07-08 12:38 AM
    I love my pearl but I'm really looking forward to getting a curve this month!!
    06-07-08 12:57 AM
    Typing in URLs, usernames, passwords, or anything else not in the dictionary sucks on the Pearl. I asked a friend why she likes her Pearl over my Curve and she said because it's "slick" and comes in pink. Not exactly compelling reasons to me but oh well.

How many guys prefer the Pearl over the Curve and why?
    06-07-08 01:00 AM
    only diff is a qwerty keyboard and a bigger screen... and well a huge price diff.

i would rather keep that extra 100+ and enjoy my pearl.
    06-07-08 06:46 AM
    I bought the pearl (with Verizon) back in February. I had to choose between: 1) no camera w/ full qwerty (8830) or 2) camera w/ suretype and smaller phone (8130).

But then I found out the Curve was coming out for Verizon in May. D'oh! I have to keep my pearl until August but now I found out that the Bold should be coming out in September. *shrugs*
    06-07-08 09:32 AM
    my buddy has a pearl and i like my curve better.i find it easier to type on.but thats just me
    06-07-08 09:44 AM
    Yup, just a Pearl with a QWERTY keyboard. Nothing more. And a much bigger screen. And much higher resolution. And a 2 mp camera instead of a 1.3. And 50% more ram. Yup. No difference.
    06-07-08 09:58 AM
    Pearl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 100%
    06-07-08 11:22 AM
    Pearl is smaller with a smaller keyboard. Curve is a bit larger with a better screen and a full keyboard. I was going to get the Pearl a while ago but after playing with it I went with the Curve, the keyboard was very unpleasant to use on the Pearl.
    06-07-08 12:34 PM
    Well, I have had both the pearl and curve. I had the very first pearl and I like it some what. I had some problems with it though. I eventually got the curve, but then there was the problem that it didn't have video on it. Me and My brother send lots of videos. Well when the 8110 Pearl came out I went quickly to the store to pick it up Very pleased with the Pearl now. If they would just come out with a curve with suretype and the video I would be in heaven .
    06-07-08 12:38 PM
    I love my pearl
    06-07-08 01:00 PM
    my previous phone *LG Rumor- w/ the slide out keyboard* was nice.

But since i text a lot on the go, and when im not looking id use the key pad and type without looking.

i like the pearls keyboard b/c of that totally type w/o looking and the sure type is 98% accurate.

to each their own i guess. but i <3 my pearl
    I use to have the rumor too! Well I still have it but not in use. I prefer the Curve though. I love my Curve, the fully QWERTY keyboard is great.
    06-07-08 01:40 PM
    The only problem I have with my pearl is the memoury leak issue. I was about to get the Curve from Verizon today, actually, however now it has come up that the Curve has big speaker issues. So... I mean, either way, phones are gonna have little glitches in them. It's just what you can live with I guess.

Other than the memoury leak, my Pearl is awesome. I love the size, the Suretype.. Everything.
    06-07-08 01:45 PM
    I've had both the Pearl and the Curve from Verizon. I liked the Pearl after I finally got used to suretype. Then Verizon came out with the Curve and I really liked the screen size and the keyboard. I haven't had any issues with my Curve.
    06-07-08 02:59 PM
    is there any way to update the os ota
    i have a mac so i can't sync my bb
    06-07-08 04:10 PM
    ok so you can't download it ota but i have a question. i have a new 8110
    i have a bunch of downloads on it but i miss my full qwerty. i had a curve back in the day
    would you switch back to the curve with no bb messenger and a 1.3mp camera just for a qwerty keyboard
    06-07-08 05:30 PM
    is there any way to update the os ota
    i have a mac so i can't sync my bb
    Download PocketMac For BlackBerry.
    06-07-08 05:47 PM
    Download PocketMac For BlackBerry.
    pocket mac doesn't work. it always says skipping
    06-07-08 06:47 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD