which do u like better! BB Pearl or BB Curve?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-08 11:26 PM
    I have had them both. Definately the Curve. Bigger screen and full qwerty.

I took my Pearl back after only 3 weeks. Never again!
    05-30-08 11:28 PM
    Both... so I use both. Pearl for work and Curve for pleasure.
    05-30-08 11:30 PM
    I prefer the Pearl. I like the size.
    05-30-08 11:34 PM
    me 2 flurry curves too big for me!

05-30-08 11:36 PM
    curve FTW

qwerty keyboard!
    05-30-08 11:45 PM
    The size difference between the two devices are negligible.
    05-30-08 11:54 PM
    Since the suretype seems to work great, I just kept the 8130 and saved $100.
    05-31-08 12:22 AM
    I just went from 8130 to 8330. I really miss the Suretype....I wish they had a Curve with Suretype and I would be in heaven.
    05-31-08 01:49 AM
    Pearl, all the way! Sure type rocks.

05-31-08 01:57 AM
    curve...i like the bigger screen.
    05-31-08 11:03 AM
    Though to some the size difference may seem negligible I find the pearl to be way smaller. I love this size. Fits perfectly in my pocket.

05-31-08 11:13 AM
    I like them both but prefer the Curve for the bigger screen and the qwerty.
    05-31-08 11:18 AM
    The size difference between the two devices are negligible.
    I wouldn't say they're negligible at all. For some people, less is much better. My brother's Pearl feels so tiny and unnoticeable in my pocket and hand. It looks and feels like the tiny candybar phones of yesteryear. For some, the Curve is just too big... but for people like me, it looks and feels so tiny - the Pearl even smaller.

As far as what is better, to answer the OP, I'd say it's a matter of preference. It also depends on the carrier. T-Mobile offers the 8120 Pearl which has WiFi. I like the Curve on T-Mobile (my current phone) because it has WiFi and I can rack up minutes on HotSpot@Home. The keyboard is also a factor to consider between the two phones. Having owned both (the Pearl just when it came out, and switching to the Curve upon its release), I can say I prefer the full QWERTY a lot more. However, I didn't have any problems getting up to speed on the SureType keyboard, either.
    05-31-08 01:00 PM
    I have no regrets so far about going with the pearl. SureType rocks and smaller screen is worth the overall reduced size to me. I did a lot of research and I couldn't find any differences other than screen and keyboard. Have I missed anything else? Is there some other feature that the curve has which the pearl doesn't?

05-31-08 01:11 PM
    i would disagree (with respect to those who think im wrong) that they are almost the same size...

i have handled both...used both...pocketed both...typed on both...

the curve may only be a few millimeters bigger...but it feels SUBSTANTSIALLY bigger in the hand and pocket..

just my opinion...of course...

the curve keyboard is without equal in my opinion..

but when i boughtmy bb it was pearl or 8830 and i really like the pearl now.

i almost switched when the curve came out... but when i played with one i decided to stick to the pearl..i got use4d to the suretype and i really like the smaller size.

-db

but i could be wrong
    05-31-08 01:16 PM
    Pearl gets my vote. Love the suretype.
    05-31-08 01:38 PM
    I have used both, and I prefer the curve because I felt that it looked more feminine for me then the curve because of it being smaller. :-) I noticed that I was able to text faster on suretype.
    05-31-08 01:55 PM
    Curve for sure for me. I like the Qwerty keyboard and the larger screen.
    Just my opinion. I didn't like the size of the Pearl or the SureType.
    05-31-08 03:15 PM
    I have no regrets so far about going with the pearl. SureType rocks and smaller screen is worth the overall reduced size to me. I did a lot of research and I couldn't find any differences other than screen and keyboard. Have I missed anything else? Is there some other feature that the curve has which the pearl doesn't?

Nothing being missed other than those two.
    06-03-08 09:39 PM
    I like the pearl because of it's small size and the suretype is pretty sure. I have no regrets in getting it.
    06-03-08 09:43 PM
    I've played with the Curve, but not long enough to judge my like for one more than the other. I get bored extremely quickly with phones, but as of right, I'm enjoying my Pearl.

I'm going to make myself keep the Pearl for a minimum of 6 months before switching to something else (red curve). Since its not out yet for Sprint yet* there's hope.

06-03-08 09:52 PM
    I just switched to a curve. I may be nuts, but it seems much quicker than my old pearl. I'm on verizon. I can definitly load pages quicker on the curve. I also don't get "lag" when i click on menu items. The size isn't an issue for me, but I'm a guy. My girlfriend has a pearl, and that works for her. Women tend to wear tighter clothes ;-) so i can see the pearl working better for them.
    06-04-08 12:42 AM
    Curve is my choice.
    06-04-08 12:49 AM
    I just went from 8130 to 8330. I really miss the Suretype....I wish they had a Curve with Suretype and I would be in heaven.
    umm they do its called the pearl lol
    06-04-08 12:54 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD