Hello well the daughter got the Pearl no matter what I said and the 2 weeks is up so it cant be returned(grandmother did that cause she knew wed say no)

Anyway,I went to set it all up for the 12 year old and the trackball is not working,it either is way to sensitive or have to push to hard to get it to do anything.Now I dont know if anyone will know what Im talking about here but the ball is not "clickable" and at times you barely do anything and it starts selecting things and other times it wont select anything.

I cant go through CS because Im not on their account and I dont know what else to do.She just got it last night but I know it was bought almost a month ago.

Can anyone help me?

I am really mad and dont know what to do,the mother in law doesnt beleive me that it dont work so I am at a loss

Thanks
    04-29-08 07:43 AM
    Menu (BB key left of the trackball) > Option > Screen/keyboard enter and scroll down to Trackball. Hope this helps.
    04-29-08 07:56 AM
    I have the settings onlike 80 on sensitivity,I have had them at all the numbers and it still does it

the main problem being the trackball is not clickable
    04-29-08 08:14 AM
    Well there is a one year warranty on all rim products. Have you tried a battery pull ?
    04-29-08 08:20 AM
    yes I have several times I think I may know the issue,although I am not sure

under my curve trackball there is a yellow piece there where on the pearl there is not one

im thinking that eatra piece is what lifts it up to make it clickable
    04-29-08 08:31 AM
    its covered under warranty though
    get grandma and go to the t-mo store or whatever and show a rep the phone. im assuming that the phone wasnt broken somehow. the 2 weeks is only an exchange policy to get a different make/model of phone
    replacing the phone is no big deal
    04-29-08 08:49 AM
    Yup, warranty issue at this point..not what you were really wanting to hear,but it is what it is..sorry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-08 08:58 AM
    12 year old with a BlackBerry? Not bad!
    04-29-08 10:13 AM
    not like i wanted it that way but nothing i say matters to husband or inlaws
    04-29-08 05:25 PM
    not like i wanted it that way but nothing i say matters to husband or inlaws
    Ah. Just wait 'til she's 20 - she'll be TOO MUCH of an addict.
    04-29-08 05:37 PM
    Lol I would try to pop the ball out and clean it, there is a post on these forums boit how to pop it out and clean it... And if that doesn't help, ya take it back to the store and work something out... But before you ask a rep, survey how they treat the customer before you, if they are in a bad mood, don't go up, and if they are happy, go for it...

Btw, I'm a 13 year old with a 8320. ]:>}

04-29-08 10:45 PM
    Wtf! I had to work to pay for my BB! Hate those kids...

04-29-08 10:49 PM
    Don't hate man

04-29-08 11:27 PM
    14 with an 88.

DON'T REMOVE THE TRACKBALL FOR CLEANING!

I'm pretty sure it will void your warranty and if cleaning doesn't fix it, RIM won't touch it. Try it on a warranty job.
    04-30-08 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD