I'd definitely go Curve, as well. I don't at all like the mini keyboard on the pearl, too much like the old-fashioned texting system.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 11:37 PM
    I'm a new Pearl owner, and I enjoy it. A friend of mine has the Curve, and while it does have a larger screen and a full QWERTY keyboard, I find that the Pearl meets my needs better than the Curve.

I used a Moto Q for 3 years prior to purchasing the Pearl; I thought I would miss the full keyboard, but I actually find that SureType is faster than using a full keyboard.

If the larger screen and full keyboard are important to you, get the Curve; if you want a smaller form factor and don't mind SureType, get the Pearl. I'm enjoying carrying a small phone after years of carrying the Q.
    01-10-09 12:47 AM
    Treo 600--> Treo 650--> HTC Mogul--> Pearl 8130

I just got tired of carrying around bricks

claire
    01-10-09 01:07 AM
    Have both, have always prefered my Black Pearl. Don't Mind the little screen, bought a Bluetooth GPS keychain for navigation. I can type faster with sure type on the pearl than I can with the full size on the curve. Pearl vote here.

01-10-09 03:26 AM
    Have both, have always prefered my Black Pearl. Don't Mind the little screen, bought a Bluetooth GPS keychain for navigation. I can type faster with sure type on the pearl than I can with the full size on the curve. Pearl vote here.
    Same here. I will get rid of the Curve one day, but I will NEVER give up the 8100
    01-10-09 03:31 AM
    Same here. I will get rid of the Curve one day, but I will NEVER give up the 8100
    Good to see there are still some other Pearl true believers out there.

The SureType takes a little getting used to, but I still prefer it to the full size any day. Wouldn't you agree AG?

01-10-09 03:42 AM
    Good to see there are still some other Pearl true believers out there.

The SureType takes a little getting used to, but I still prefer it to the full size any day. Wouldn't you agree AG?
    Absolutely agree. On days when I know I am going to be out of the office but
    need to get in touch with my staff the last thing I do before leaving home is
    swap the SIMs, change the devices on BIS and resend service books.

Light email, texting and BBM the Curve is fine. If I have to do serious typing
    it is a no-brainer for me. The Pearl wins every day and twice on Sundays.

I am actually amazed at how much more accurate and faster in SureType
    than I am on full qwerty. I thought it would be opposite.
    01-10-09 04:20 AM
    i personally prefer the curve's full-size keyboard over the pearl's suretype keypad. and the curve's screen is a little bigger, but the pearl is a more portable phone. it really is personal preference.
    This pretty much sums up my feelings, though on the 8330 the extra RAM memory does make the Curve faster. You also don't have to worry about the memory getting too low with the extra memory available.

If they are the same price, I'd go for the Curve. If you decide you don't like it later you can always sell it and get a Pearl. The Curve has a higher resale value by a large margin.

The biggest advantage the Pearl has over the Curve is at about 1/4 inch narrower width, it feels a whole lot smaller and easier to handle. Yet, it has a satisfying "feel" to it, with just the right amount of heft to make it feel like it isn't a cheap, plasticky phone.
    01-10-09 04:36 AM
    I have had the pearl and now I have the curve. My vote is for the curve. I like the full keyboard and the wider screen. But it really boils down to being a personal choice and which phone meets your needs. But I think any blackberry is a great choice!!!!

01-10-09 08:18 AM
    Pearl for me, I've had 3 blackberries (just returned the Storm after a week and went back to Pearl). The Pearl is the best of both worlds giving you the full functionality of a BB but small enough to slip in your pocket.

I hated the suretype when I first got it and was cursing it up and down but I got used to it and love it now.
    01-10-09 08:25 AM
    And what you will also notice is that the majority of those who say Curve have
    one and have not actually used a Pearl in any extensive way. Not a whole
    lot of objectivity there.
    I have had both the curve is much easier to manipulate both the larger screen and fs keyboard .
    01-10-09 09:14 AM
    If you optimize the memory, get rid of what you do not need, the Pearl is a great device. For the size, mine is a running machine man...
    01-10-09 09:24 AM
    Thanks for all the help but I am still confused on which one to get. My carrier might change the prices again in the next couple of weeks before I can get an upgrade so that might have a factor too.

I guess I need to do like some have suggested and go to my carrier and play with them for awhile.

I had a treo and while I liked the features and keyboard I really hated the size of it. Way too big to fit in a pocket.
    01-10-09 11:03 AM
    I agree, try them out and take your time and you will know what one is really best for you...
    01-10-09 11:05 AM
    I only have a Curve, so I might be bias but, I love the Curve. Full keyboard, larger screen, more memory
    01-10-09 11:11 AM
    Thanks for all the help but I am still confused on which one to get. My carrier might change the prices again in the next couple of weeks before I can get an upgrade so that might have a factor too.

I guess I need to do like some have suggested and go to my carrier and play with them for awhile.

I had a treo and while I liked the features and keyboard I really hated the size of it. Way too big to fit in a pocket.
    I am an ex-Treo user of 700, 750, and 755. The treo was much bigger, thicker and heavier than my Curve.
    01-10-09 11:13 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD