Hi! I have the Pearl 8120 since may 08 and have already returned it for a completely new one once. The new one is experiencing the same difficulties...have to reset the battery daily (atleast) because it malfunctions. Does anyone have any suggestions about this problem?
    Or what blackberry would anyone recommend ilo the pearl? I like the features and want to stay with the Blackberry.
    10-26-08 11:59 AM
    I used to have a Pearl and had some problems with it also, my sister had a Blackberry Curve, so I tried using hers, and I liked it, and decided to change to a Curve (after I was on my third Pearl) and have loved it.

In my opinion I like the full keyboard much better than the SureType, as I can type in whatever I want and not just what is in the phone's dictionary. The battery life is much longer on the Curve and the display is better. The only con of the Curve is that it is very hard to type fast with only one hand, and I could type pretty fast with one hand on the Pearl, but it just doesn't work out the same with the Curve, the typing is drastically slowed.
    10-26-08 12:06 PM
    when you switched to the new pearl did you restore all your old stuff onto it?

if you had a software issue and backed up all your data you may have tranferred the prob to your new device
    10-28-08 01:30 AM
    What is it doing that is causing you to reset it?? How is your free memory?? Have you upgraded software??
    10-28-08 06:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD