I had a Pearl 8130 with Cellular South for 9-10 months when the radio turned off and when I tried to reconnect to the network it would reconnect for 15 seconds only then turn off again. I'm sure of the time, b/c of the display shows the time and it was 15 seconds exactly every time. The phone had not been dropped or gotten wet-nothing- it just started doing this out of the blue. Took it the CellSouth, their rep (not technician) looked at the phone, pulled battery, etc. He did not see any signs of water damage or broke pieces, etc., so he suggested to file a warranty claim. Of course it was denied, but I had insurance, so we filed on the insurance. Cost me $150.00! My question is...is this a known problem with the pearl? Has anyone else had the same issue? I would like to get my $150 back and possibly change phones if it is a known problem with the pearl. Don't want to have to buy another one in 9-10 months again. I love the phone, but.....
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    04-27-09 11:50 AM
    My first though is, you may have a battery failure. If the battery does not take an adaquate charge or runs low, the network connection is shut down to conserve power.

During troubleshooting, did they replace the battery with a known good unit?

If I understand correctly, the $150 is your insurance deductable. If your warranty claim was denied, there is little you can do about it.
    04-27-09 12:05 PM
    I thought that too, but the battery was at 60% when I realized it was happening. I then charged it fully so that would not be an issue. They did put a good battery in, still same problem.
    04-27-09 12:09 PM
    That is clearly a hardware failure, having ruled out the battery. It is not a common failure, judging by our members experience.

I don't know why your warranty claim would be disallowed. If you have owned it for less then a year and it was undamaged, it is warrantied by Research in Motion.

Too lazy to do the paper work, or a share of the deductible might explain it.
    04-27-09 12:25 PM
    I think I am going to go to Cellular South and tell them I want my deductible back.
    Thanks for your help!
    04-27-09 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD