I was wondering if anyone else with the 8130 Pearl knows what the button is supposed to do on the included headphones while in a call. I figured it was for hanging up but its not doing that. Any ideas?
    03-23-08 03:48 PM
    My headphones are still in the package, in the box.... Welcome to CB!!
    03-23-08 03:50 PM
    Headphones??! I didn't get any headphones. Sigh. I'm sorry, I don't know what the button would do, my guess would also be to end the call.
    03-23-08 03:55 PM
    Well I am with Sprint but I didn't think it would be a carrier specific issue. Thanks for the responses.
    03-23-08 03:58 PM
    It's been awhile but I think that button is for hanging up. I did buy a blue ant bluetooth headset recently and it is awesome.
    03-23-08 04:00 PM
    LOL my headphones are in the box too. Even if I just wanted to use them to listen to music I would use a different set than what was boxed with it.
    03-23-08 04:03 PM
    I've never taken my headphones out of the box....sorry.
    03-23-08 04:04 PM
    Yeah I use my bluetooth mainly too, but was just wondering because i have used them for a call or two and it didn't hang up the call like i thought it should.
    03-23-08 04:10 PM
    In the box... I've never used any of the headsets included in a box, except for the iPhone headsets. It's probably to mute a call or answer.
    03-23-08 04:14 PM
    Mine is still in the box, with the charger, instructions, and software. The only thing I took out is the phone itself.
    03-23-08 05:07 PM
    I use mine, or did until I got the Motorola S9. It's for answering calls while listening to music. The call will end when the other person hangs up, but when the call comes in just push the button.
    03-23-08 05:17 PM
    Thanks very much macnkat!
    03-23-08 05:45 PM
    I keep mine in the car.

They are easier to maintain than the bluetooth.
    03-23-08 06:35 PM
    LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one! mine are still in the plastic pkg .... That's in the box and ice had my phone since November! I'm actually glad I know what the button is now just in case I want to use it... Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-08 07:44 PM
    i've only used them once and that was because of the new cell phone law taking place and i knew i would be making a long phone call. at first i tried to plug in my old headset and it wouldn't fit, then i remembered hearing something about a different sized jack and never knew what it meant. so i went in the house and grabbed the one that came with the 8130. let me tell you, it was VERY weird to hear the conversation in both ears! but i never used the button on it. in fact, i wasn't even sure it had a speaker/mic in it and called my house first to test it. i thought maybe it was just headphones to listen to music. it made me grateful i didn't buy the "package" at the verizon store that included a headset, a clear holster, and a car charger. that headset would have never fit!
    03-23-08 08:50 PM
    I use mine when listen to music on my BB.. I kinda like them. When a call comes in the music stops also I also use the button to end calls and to answer a call.

Until I find a better set of ear phones, I'll use then in between my bluetooth or when the bucktooth runs out of energy.
    03-23-08 11:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD