Ok so I'm running windows 7 with version 5.0 Blackberry Manager. This program will not let me connect to the internet through the Blackberry Manager. So I had to setup the internet the long way through manually setting up the modem. I was searching the internet and found a program called PDANet that does the exact same thing as the blackberry modem, but the question is which one is faster. If you have any idea please let me know. I am on the T-Mobile 3G network with the 9700 Bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-10 10:40 AM
    Pdanet connects at about 2.5mbs, Tether connects at 5mbs. I could never hook up through the DM so I have no idea how fast it is. I am probably going with Tether. Both Pdanet and Tether are completely painless and only take seconds to setup. Pdanet is free and Tether will runs around 59 bucks. You should give Pdanet a shot. Happy hunting.

10-11-10 11:02 AM
    Pdanet connects at about 2.5mbs, Tether connects at 5mbs. I could never hook up through the DM so I have no idea how fast it is. I am probably going with Tether. Both Pdanet and Tether are completely painless and only take seconds to setup. Pdanet is free and Tether will runs around 59 bucks. You should give Pdanet a shot. Happy huntig.

Where can I find that Tether program at? And is that a one time payment of 59?

10-11-10 11:19 AM
    It may be more now. It was on half price last week. You can get it here at the CB apps store and at BB app world. The price seems to fluctuate. You could wait for a half price sale. They seem to offer it quite often. Good luck!

10-11-10 12:19 PM
    If you're using tmo, desktop manager should provide decent tethering.
    10-11-10 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD