when i plug my bb 8330 into the usb port on my PC.. The black charge plug shows up next to the battery.. But after 5 seconds it goes away.. But when i put my bb on my wall charger the black plug stays there and the phone charges... Does anybody know why my PC isn't recognizing the device... I have tried installing the softeware from the verizon webiste that i am supposed to have and from the blackberry website.. But it is not working.. So i took all the Blackberry desktop manager stuff and anything else i downloaded for the blackberry off my computer... I don't have the cd needed to link the device and the PC together..

Could my Usb port on my device be broken? or is it the lack of having the cd needed to link the two together?

My device has 4.5.0.77.

Thank you for your help.. and thanks to those we replied to my other post.. im just not getting anywhere
    01-20-09 01:27 AM
    Did you install the correct device manager for your device as well?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 01:53 AM
    And try a different cable, and same cable with a different computer.
    01-20-09 07:07 AM
    And try another USB port as well.
    01-20-09 08:26 AM
    For PC charging you need the BB drivers which install to your PC with Desktop Manager. If you don't have the CD you can download from the RIM website. Make sure you get the correct version for your phone.

Don't use a USB hub for the BB connection. If you have multiple USB ports on the PC sometimes they are configured differently, try them all.
    01-20-09 08:37 AM
    You are not using Windows 7 or the 64 bit version of Vista are you? If so there are known USB issues. If so find a PC with XP or regular Vista.
    01-20-09 08:40 AM
    Wow... thanks for the info.. Definatly alot of options here.. I talked to a blackberry tech guy.. We think it is that i am using my usb for my ps3 controllers. He thinks that the power is too weak to charge the phone.. So he advised i bought a new usb cord 2morrow.. but all the other things ive tried... SO lets cross our finders toes and legs gents... Cuz lol ideas are running out quickly..

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE REPLIES!!!!!!!
    01-22-09 01:45 AM
    Oh and ladies too.. don't want to be sexist
    01-22-09 01:47 AM
    I have 64bit vista, and have usb issues with my blackberry, could some elaborate on ones there having kind of curious.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 02:10 AM
    I had the same problem with my Curve. I reinstalled Desktop Manager and then it worked again a few times. I then had to replace my phone because the usb port on the phone ended up being bad. I got a new phone and have not had a problem since. Hope this helps.
    01-22-09 02:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD