It needs a fresh rumour
    Or to follow the current theme, how about a new link to another copy of the same rumor.
    10-02-12 01:51 PM
    Well stop hitting the update button... until the bridge update, there is no OS update... I don't get you guys... like seriously... Bridge update first and within 24hrs (usually about 6-12hrs) after the bridge update, comes the OS update.

So just chill.

And again, all of these are just rumors. Until we hear someone like Thor or Alec Saunders say its coming on x day, we need to chill!!
    Maybe the OtterBox is on his BB and he's wearing out a spot trying to check for a Bridge update.

LOL, the beauty of the internets - you sound more worked up while telling US to chill.
    10-02-12 01:54 PM
    Well stop hitting the update button... until the bridge update, there is no OS update... I don't get you guys... like seriously... Bridge update first and within 24hrs (usually about 6-12hrs) after the bridge update, comes the OS update.

So just chill.

And again, all of these are just rumors. Until we hear someone like Thor or Alec Saunders say its coming on x day, we need to chill!!
    d@mn it...these people need their update fix!! it's like crack..they fiend for OS updates!!
    10-02-12 01:55 PM

So just chill.

So, to be clear, since I have just downloaded and installed a bridge update to my **Storm 2**, then, like Christmas, I will be waking up to a new OS update tomorrow? Oh Goody.
    10-02-12 01:58 PM
    10-02-12 02:08 PM
    So you're saying..it's coming tomorrow? :O OP was right! OP OP OP OP *sorry gangnam style is stuck in my head*
    10-02-12 02:15 PM
    Here we go again...

http://n4bb.com/blackberry-playbook-...ming-tomorrow/
    Last edited by Ben1232; 10-02-12 at 02:20 PM.
    10-02-12 02:18 PM
    i think tomorrow it will finally be. was hoping for more features but oh well
    10-02-12 02:22 PM
    AwEsOminous This means ill have text messaging as early as tonight!!!!WOOT
    10-02-12 02:22 PM
    I believe this rumor more than the others. I still won't believe it until I see it, but a leaked slide is better evidence than a friend who works at RIM, probably in an unrelated division. I'm just wondering though, when the slide said October 3, was it referring to the release date, or when they leak another slide claiming it to be "tomorrow"?
    10-02-12 02:40 PM
    This supports the "tomorrow" theory...
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-02-12 02:53 PM
    Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
    Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
    To the last syllable of recorded time;
    And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
    The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
    Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
    And then is heard no more. It is a tale
    Told by an idi0t, full of sound and fury
    Signifying nothing.
    10-02-12 03:00 PM
    Did I just read that a new leak is expected to be leaked tomorrow?

For everyone that is wearing out their screens where the Check for Updates button is being pressed repeatedly my new "PB update screen protectors TM" will have double thickness just where you need it!

You think your screen is worn out now? Just wait till the launch of BB10 on PB. You will wear your PB screen down to the battery!
    10-02-12 03:06 PM
    I don't dig it I heard another rumor in this very thread we're supposed to have a bridge update first
    10-02-12 03:12 PM
    From what I've read, the Bridge update is needed to enable the SMS functionality... so both updates must come. Historically, Bridge updates have always happened first.

But, frankly? Who knows what the next move is in this farcical game?

Tomorrow will reveal all... maybe.
    10-02-12 03:25 PM
    From what I've read, the Bridge update is needed to enable the SMS functionality... so both updates must come. Historically, Bridge updates have always happened first.

But, frankly? Who knows what the next move is in this farcical game?

Tomorrow will reveal all... maybe.
    Many people thought 2.1 would most likely be available on a Tuesday.

Who knows. (Further thoughts, 2.1 may launch next Tuesday )
    10-02-12 03:35 PM
    I received an update for need for speed this morning. It was about 300mb. Don't N4S updates usually come right before OS updates?
    10-02-12 04:01 PM
    Sorry, but there is *no* difference in an Android app that the author converts and distributes through Appworld and one where the end user gets the original .apk and converts it themselves. There's no hacking going on at all. Converting an Android app to a .bar is simply rewrapping the original .apk in a zip file with a metadata descriptor and a security signature. That's it, the original Android app is 100% unchanged and not hacked in any way.

It *is* 110% RIM's fault for an extremely poor implementation of the Android player.

A much more accurate analogy would be that your Mazda 3 can't even get up to 20 mph because the road the government built for you to drive on is too narrow, twisty and bumpy...

Cheers
    The REAL Joe
    I disagree. RIM lets you test your App & then convert it. You can still convert it if it has errors. For example Google Maps/Latitude, that has been converted by the community NOT Google & people sideload it onto their PBs. As a result this app is very buggy, but it's NOT RIM's fault.

BTW 110% RIM's fault for a bad implementation of the Android Player eh?....Show me a better implementation. & no you can't point to an Android phone.
    10-02-12 04:42 PM
    I figured out the crux of these types of threads. The higher up bosses at RIM tell the lower down employees that updates are coming tomorrow and tell them to tell their close friends. Then they watch crackberry.com for the threads to pop up and then roll on the floor laughing. Great entertainment for them.
    If the Ham Sandwhich had been put in charge none of this would be happening!
    louzer and gravymonster like this.
    10-02-12 04:45 PM
    Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
    Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
    To the last syllable of recorded time;
    And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
    The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
    Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
    And then is heard no more. It is a tale
    Told by an idi0t, full of sound and fury
    Signifying nothing.
    Was this sent from the Scottish phone? Mac-... Aroni!
    louzer likes this.
    10-02-12 04:48 PM
    So you're saying..it's coming tomorrow? :O OP was right! OP OP OP OP *sorry gangnam style is stuck in my head*
    Thanks, I knew I was right

10-02-12 04:52 PM
    10-02-12 07:40 PM
    ^^^ can someone chop kevin's head on that?? make it a gif file with him dancing.
    10-02-12 07:49 PM
    Obviously a RIM soon, is a lot longer than even we embittered few think it is.

BB10 in 1Q?

Mmmmmmm.
    10-02-12 07:55 PM
    BlackBerry Bridge 2.1.0.26 now available for download
    10-02-12 11:54 PM
150 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD