This could help BBM regain some traction. Too bad the usage density seems so low now. A lot of my contacts just use Venmo or another app.

Still, I think this was a great move, and late is better than never! Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 08:19 PM
    Yes better late than never but its not going to drive people to use BBM. I don't think anyone was clamoring for another way to send money through PayPal. People will continue to use the app because its easy and that's what they are used to.

PayPal is a ripoff anyway and their customer service is an abomination to mankind.
    08-12-15 09:00 PM
    I personally think it has the potential to be huge. You may not use BBM but I'll tell you that a lot of Philippine people do, and there and there are a lot of Philippine people that send a ton of money back to the Philippines from all over the world. This could easily become the go to method to facilitate this.

Posted via CB10
    John Villareal likes this.
    08-12-15 10:14 PM
    I tend to think you're right. That doesn't mean it will happen, but BlackBerry must maximize the appeal of BBM and this is one way to do it. Re-penetration of the market will be slow, but I think with more features like this it is possible. Particularly if it starts to bleed outwards from corporate users on BBM protected

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 11:29 PM
    This could help BBM regain some traction. Too bad the usage density seems so low now. A lot of my contacts just use Venmo or another app.

Still, I think this was a great move, and late is better than never! Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    Venmo? Isn't Venmo just a PayPal middle man? What does it do? Does it have some calendar scheduled payments to collect or send?
    08-13-15 03:39 AM