thanks in advance for replys

i bought a 8900 curve off ebay orange uk had a password on it entered password wrong ten times back to default settings yh great

however now when i put the dimcard in it says sim card not provisioned and wone let me call or anything

i really like the look of the phone and wanna get it working i looked at network seetings and there is none there so i think thats wat it is however im new to the world of blackberrys

any ideas would be much appreciated

thanks
    04-03-09 12:22 PM
    I suggest wiping with jl cmder and then reinstalling the OS and see if that works. My youtube is YouTube - KillerNumberX's Channel and I show you how to do it.
    04-03-09 12:43 PM
    If the SIM came with the phone it is almost certainly deactivated by the previous owner. I'm suspicious about the password, most owners would wipe before shipping to ensure their data was gone so you may find its a stolen device and the IMEI is also blocked.

You need to source your own SIM and have it setup with voice and BlackBerry data service, but I would have your service provider check the status of the IMEI against the UK Stolen Phones database before you commit to a contract.

[Edit] You should also ask your provider to check the phone's PIN is free and it can be registered to your account. If the phone is stolen it may be blocked, and if the previous owner forgot to release it you may have problems getting full BB service.
    Last edited by branta; 04-03-09 at 06:00 PM.
    04-03-09 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD