I had to restore my phone. Blackberry Passwork Keeper in not on the Google Play App Store here in the UK today.

Someone please help, I am in major trouble if I can't get to all the information I have stored in Password Keeper.

I have an encrypted backup of the passwords stored on my Google Drive, normally restore without issue.
    Last edited by Wmsi; 07-02-22 at 05:20 AM.
    07-02-22 04:49 AM
    Hmmm. Last I had heard, it wasn't going to be EOL until August. Maybe first step in that is to stop making it available in PlayStore for new downloads. I quickly did a PlayStore search in Canada and doesn't seem to be available anymore here either.
    07-02-22 06:40 AM
    I had to restore my phone. Blackberry Passwork Keeper in not on the Google Play App Store here in the UK today.

Someone please help, I am in major trouble if I can't get to all the information I have stored in Password Keeper.

I have an encrypted backup of the passwords stored on my Google Drive, normally restore without issue.
    If you still have it installed on one of your devices you should get your passwords exported to a proper cross platform solution that syncs on the fly, ASAP.
    A good example is Bitwarden.
    rthonpm likes this.
    07-02-22 07:08 AM
    If you still have it installed on one of your devices you should get your passwords exported to a proper cross platform solution that syncs on the fly, ASAP.
    A good example is Bitwarden.
    Thanks for your reply. I have only one smartphone, so I'm stuck unless Password Keeper is restored to the Google Play Store, or I can get an apk somehow.

I'm astounded it's been taken off the Play Store without warning like this.

I have vital information that I need access to. I do have an encrypted file with all the data safely on my Google Drive, but without the Password Keeper app I cannot access the data.
    07-02-22 07:32 AM
    Hmmm. Last I had heard, it wasn't going to be EOL until August. Maybe first step in that is to stop making it available in PlayStore for new downloads. I quickly did a PlayStore search in Canada and doesn't seem to be available anymore here either.
    Really? I have been using the app daily until today, and there has been ZERO warnings that support was ending.
    07-02-22 07:33 AM
    This is a real ******* ****show
    07-02-22 07:35 AM
    Really? I have been using the app daily until today, and there has been ZERO warnings that support was ending.
    I think there were quite a few earlier general warnings, but I don't think BlackBerry reached out specifically to individual users. You should be able to get a copy of an apk from someone who still has it.
    07-02-22 07:44 AM
    I think there were quite a few earlier general warnings, but I don't think BlackBerry reached out specifically to individual users. You should be able to get a copy of an apk from someone who still has it.
    They should have put a warning in the app itself perhaps.
    07-02-22 07:48 AM
    Hoping this is safe.....

https://www.apk4fun.com/apk/280139/
    07-02-22 07:53 AM
    Hmmm. I am dubious.
    07-02-22 08:05 AM
    Hmmm. I am dubious.
    I can get you an APK if you hold on a sec...
    07-02-22 08:09 AM
    I can get you an APK if you hold on a sec...
    Yes please.
    07-02-22 08:10 AM
    Yes please.
    Sent via PM.
    charlieagiii likes this.
    07-02-22 08:14 AM
    Go to "Manage Apps & Device" in the Play Store. Click on the "Manage" tab. Click on "Installed". A drop down box will appear. Click on "Not Installed". If Password Keeper appears on the list, see if it can be installed from there.
    Invictus0 likes this.
    07-02-22 08:17 AM
    All imported to BitWarden now.
    07-02-22 09:46 AM
    Kinda feels weird to have deleted the very last BlackBerry product I used.
    07-02-22 09:47 AM
    Go to "Manage Apps & Device" in the Play Store. Click on the "Manage" tab. Click on "Installed". A drop down box will appear. Click on "Not Installed". If Password Keeper appears on the list, see if it can be installed from there.
    Ah, good point didn't think of that.
    07-02-22 10:10 AM
    Kinda feels weird to have deleted the very last BlackBerry product I used.
    They deleted you first...
    Invictus0 likes this.
    07-02-22 10:12 AM
    Welcome to the modern world :-)
    pdr733 likes this.
    07-03-22 06:45 AM
    Blackberry's end of life page does now seem to show that Password Keeper is eol as of February 28, 2022, which is odd as wayback machine shows it said August 31, 2022 at the end of May.
    07-16-22 11:58 AM
    The Aug 2022 deadline was the one earlieristed by BlackBerry. After the Jan 2022 BBOS/BB10 shutdown however, maybe the moved up some aspects. For now, I still have my BlackBerry Password Keeper/Manager working.
    07-16-22 04:37 PM
    That Feb 28 list also includes DTEK, Launcher and Privacy Shade. Wonder what that means. DTEK is still doing stuff om my phone, is it a waste of time or might it even compromise the device, for example or will it just work less smoothly?
    07-16-22 08:36 PM
    That Feb 28 list also includes DTEK, Launcher and Privacy Shade. Wonder what that means. DTEK is still doing stuff om my phone, is it a waste of time or might it even compromise the device, for example or will it just work less smoothly?
    No more support. That's about all that will change.
    07-16-22 11:19 PM
    No more support. That's about all that will change.
    So good to go, all things being equal.
    07-17-22 12:35 AM
    So good to go, all things being equal.
    Well it tells you that your phone was secure 3 years ago.... Don't be installing any apk's from unknown sources, that will really upset her.
    07-17-22 01:22 AM
38 12