Background:
    Work upgraded me to a new BB Storm from my old BB. I want to use the older one as my personal cell now and retire my way old school BB. I swapped SIM cards and came up empty. I have different carriers, Verizon = work and AT&T = personal.

Issue:
    I called Verizon to have them give me "some special type" of password so I could swap out the phones. They wouldn't do it but the support group told me to come this website and post my problem and I'd be able to get my issue resolved. How do I do this???
    06-20-09 10:09 AM
    I believe they were probably referring to an unlock code. You will need to have the old BB unlocked from Verizon to use it on a different carrier.

Sites like Horizon Wireless, or cellunlock.net can sell you an unlock code.
    06-20-09 10:14 AM
    If I understand correctly, you want to transfer from AT&T to Verizon for carrier support, and keep the AT&T device for personal use.

The first part is simple, you will need to install BlackBerry Desktop Software to use the Device Exchange Wizard. That will take care of your data exchange.

Next step, open a new account with AT&T for use with the older phone. They will provide you with a new SIM card and likely throw in a free Curve for backup.
    06-20-09 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD