06-21-16 07:42 AM
46 12
tools
    My password consisted of 4 Numbers. FOR EXAMPLE, let's say my password was 1234 (just typing in the numbers, not pressing 'alt'). If I was on the computer, I may type in "1234" and it would be WRONG. If I was on my phone, it would show me the password as wers (because W is 1 on the keyboard, 2 is E etc...). SO...my password, and I didn't realize it till (Thank goodness) on the VERY LAST try was NOT the numbers as I thought it was, but rather was the letters that corresponded to these numbers.

If this saves just one person's agony, I will be glad.
    be glad. . .you saved me on the tenth!!

thanks

J
    01-07-10 09:22 AM
    I joined the forum for this thread only...(and I know it's about 1.5 years old)

My password consisted of 4 Numbers. FOR EXAMPLE, let's say my password was 1234 (just typing in the numbers, not pressing 'alt'). If I was on the computer, I may type in "1234" and it would be WRONG. If I was on my phone, it would show me the password as wers (because W is 1 on the keyboard, 2 is E etc...). SO...my password, and I didn't realize it till (Thank goodness) on the VERY LAST try was NOT the numbers as I thought it was, but rather was the letters that corresponded to these numbers.

Good luck!
    My friend! totally works! It worked with me with the bb, not using my pc. When it asks you to type 'blackberry', after you type it, it asks u to enter password, but the characters appear, not the ****. Following the example 1234, the corresponding letters for these numbers are WERS. When entering the password, dont press the ALT, thinking that you should enter NUMBERS... Just enter the password assuming characters dont appear. Believe me, it worked with me in the LAST ATTEMPT!!!
    06-22-10 09:12 AM

Good luck!
    I JUST JOIN IN THE SITE TO SAY .... THANK YOU VERY VERY VERY MUCH !!!
    You guys saved my life, it really workd out !!!! No words to say how happy I am after I fixed my problem !
    06-25-10 06:39 PM
    Thanks for the advise. I was on the final attempt. This is what I did. I connected my BB to my computer through USB. When I did it prompted me for password. The above suggestions are right...key in the "letters" on your computer for your password not "numbers." On your phone keyboard you type in the numbers that you see on your phone (on my 8310 numbers are in silver)...the letters (which are in black on my 8310) are listed on same key. So. when I typed in my password on my computer I used the "letters" on the final attempt and it worked!!!! Yeah! WHOOSH!!! What a relief...I did load up the desktop manager before I connected my phone too. After I typed in the letters on my computer for the password...the desktop manager ran...the phone showed "connecting" on my BB. *NOTE* once that happened and the updating ran...I took my phone, while still connected...it asked for password and did not say "final attempt." I punched in my password on my phone like I always do - while still connected to my computer and the phone opened. THANKS TO ALL THE HELPERS LISTED ABOVE...hope this helps someone else.
    08-05-10 08:37 PM
    It's very simple. The ALT, SHIFT, and NUMLOCK keys work during password entry exactly the same as they do any other time. If you type ALT 1W, you get a 1. If you just type 1W, you get w. There's nothing complicated or mysterious about it. If password entry wasn't masked, there'd be no confusion.
    08-05-10 09:40 PM
    Why would you have to return your phone if you mistyped your password 10 times..?
    08-05-10 10:49 PM
    Yea, what happens when you do 10/10 incorrectly?
    I just got a BB but the previous user doesnt remember the password at all!

I dont mind if I lose any data on the phone....so if I do 10/10 incorrectly will it just load a fresh OS on the phone?
    09-07-10 07:23 PM
    If you enter the password incorrectly 10 times, all personal data will be wiped from the phone. The OS will not be affected.
    09-07-10 07:37 PM
    Been there...done that. Wiping.....Scrubbing....Wiping.....Scubbing....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-10 07:43 PM
    Ok...Wiped the phone...but now it asks me to enter a "New Password"

Any way to get by this? I dont want a password on the phone at all...
    09-08-10 11:34 AM
    Enter a password. Make it simple, like wert. Then you can go into the Password options and turn off the password. You'll have to enter the password more time, then you'll be finished with no password.
    09-08-10 08:18 PM
    hey all... so im on my final attempt.. my dilemma is.. say my password was 1234 while holding alt... with the last few attempts the numbers 1234 would show.. and would not allow me access.. I also have sticky keys.. and sometimes when i press a certain letter it give me some else random.. i talked to technical support and he said for me to plug it into my computer and use the password i always use.. 1234.. from what ive been reading if im holding alt. and entering 1234.. should my password i enter on the computer be 1234.. or wers... very nervous at this point.. any info would be appreciated
    10-03-10 01:39 PM
    If you have to hold ALT on your BB then when typing it on the computer you should type 1234 because ALT+wers on your BB= 1234
    Last edited by Nozzles Brewin; 10-03-10 at 01:56 PM.
    10-03-10 01:44 PM
    alright my friend, my faith is in your hands.. but if it dies lol only im accountable haha
    10-03-10 01:50 PM
    My saviour! This worked - on last attempt. My all-numbers password became equivalent letters in plain text. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I had this problem tonight and the solution *SHOULD BE* pretty simple. Basically, if you've set a password on the BB and hook it up to your computer, it's going to ask you to enter your password.

NOTE** If you HAVEN'T entered a password ever and it prompts you for one, it MAY be "0000" but I don't know, I only know for the case if you HAD put in a password

Anyway...between your computer attempts and phone attempts you have 10 tries. TOTAL. If you mess up the 10th, you're done. ATT can't help you. It's a security feature. If your computer prompts for the password, type it in for whatever you typed in as your regular phone password. On the BB, it will have you "enter 'blackberry' to continue:' (enter blackberry, obviously) then enter your password. You'll notice that it WILL NOT have asterisks. Again, just type in your password.

Now, I think everything I've said here has probably been mentioned on this forum- here's what I want to add because it is what almost caused me to lose everything:

Good luck!
    10-18-10 03:33 AM
    Bro , you are a life saver...

thanks so much for the tip.

i just had 5 attempts (had changed it to 5 for extra security )

thanks again.

I had this problem tonight and the solution *SHOULD BE* pretty simple. Basically, if you've set a password on the BB and hook it up to your computer, it's going to ask you to enter your password.

NOTE** If you HAVEN'T entered a password ever and it prompts you for one, it MAY be "0000" but I don't know, I only know for the case if you HAD put in a password

Anyway...between your computer attempts and phone attempts you have 10 tries. TOTAL. If you mess up the 10th, you're done. ATT can't help you. It's a security feature. If your computer prompts for the password, type it in for whatever you typed in as your regular phone password. On the BB, it will have you "enter 'blackberry' to continue:' (enter blackberry, obviously) then enter your password. You'll notice that it WILL NOT have asterisks. Again, just type in your password.

Now, I think everything I've said here has probably been mentioned on this forum- here's what I want to add because it is what almost caused me to lose everything:

Good luck!
    10-08-11 09:09 AM
    OMG thank you SOOOOOO much! your post saved me on my last try! xx
    02-11-13 04:52 PM

==> That's exactly what happened to me! I always thought my password consisted of 4 numbers until I hooked up my blackberry to my computer with a USB cable and my computer asked me for my password. I kept typing the 4 numbers on my computer but kept getting the message that it was incorrect. I switched over to my phone and suddenly, instead of the usual asterisks, it was showing actual letters. I typed the 4 numbers and again, it said it was incorrect and kept asking me to type "blackberry" to proceed. Before I knew it, I was down to my final attempt. How scary it was to get that warning everything will be wiped out if I don't put in the correct password. What was I supposed to do when I have been typing the correct 4 numbers all nine times? That is when I found your post. My password had never been numbers at all! I typed in alphabets corresponding to the numbers and voila. Finally, my blackberry unlocked at my last attempt.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    10-10-14 10:41 AM
    When I have previously entered my password asterisks come up on the screen and the screen is unlocked. Now the actual characters are coming up. I suppose I have tried nine times, because it says that it is my final attempt after this attempt It will wipe my data. So for now I'm not touching the thing. Please help how can I fix this before my blackberry crashes.
    06-20-16 01:50 PM
    My saviour! This worked - on last attempt. My all-numbers password became equivalent letters in plain text. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
    Praise the Lord for CrackBerry forums, and thanks to everyone who's helping out... :-D

  There's a Crack in the Berry right now...  
    06-21-16 02:52 AM
    I had forgotten about this. It happened to me once with the Q10. I remember the panic I felt before I realized what was wrong!!

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>< Lumia950
    06-21-16 07:42 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD