I had my phone on the security code so people couldnt screw with my facebook when i leave it alone. Came back to my phone and there was 7/10 attepmts, and now instead of the **** when i type, it says the font or letter. Im on 9/10 and i dont know what the next step is and i dont want to find out.

Please help
    10-23-09 10:50 PM
    10 out of 10 it will wipe all your personal data from the device (contacts, calendar entries etc). It's a security feature...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 10:58 PM
    Super.... Solutions anybody???
    10-23-09 10:59 PM
    Pull the battery and try again (it won't re-set your number of attemts but might make it do **** again...

Or (and clutching at straws here - might not work) plug it into your pc, run DM and enter the PW on the pc keyboard...?

10-23-09 11:00 PM
    It goes to letters and numbers after the 5th attempt at entering the wrong password. Your original password should work. It goes to letters to help you remember. If you can't, it will go to out of the box condition. Hopefully you made a backup to restore your data and settings.

10-23-09 11:02 PM
    Would all of the info on the Media card be erased too, or is that saved?
    10-23-09 11:08 PM
    It goes to letters and numbers after the 5th attempt at entering the wrong password. Your original password should work. It goes to letters to help you remember. If you can't, it will go to out of the box condition. Hopefully you made a backup to restore your data and settings.

Hey, you learn something new every day on this site... ;-)

10-23-09 11:10 PM
    Would all of the info on the Media card be erased too, or is that saved?
    Not if you pull it out of the device first...

10-23-09 11:11 PM
    Media card will be fine. You could remove it to be safe, but I've never heard of it being affected. You can't remember your password? Try putting it down for a while.

10-23-09 11:11 PM
    The lesson is to make backups. Every once in a while is better than nothing. One thing that did happen to me once, I tried to enter a wrong password once to wipe a device before I sold it and it wouldn't wipe!? I tried about 15 or 16 times before I gave up and used the wipe function. I wouldn't count on this happening though, .

10-23-09 11:16 PM
    Fixed your thread title so the sober amongst us can understand
    what your actual issue is.
    10-23-09 11:24 PM
    The lesson is to make backups. Every once in a while

I must be the king of overkill. I backup before leaving for work and then again
    before leaving from work. Two a day, everyday. I have too much crap to lose.
    10-23-09 11:26 PM
    I do hope you get the password right on the 10th attempt.
    10-24-09 12:07 AM
    Plugged it into the computer and types password on there and it worked!!! Soo glad to have my phone back!

Thanks for all the helpful tips!
    10-24-09 12:17 AM
    i saw a post on here ( old one i believe ) where you can change it from 10 to whatever number you want but you have to use DM and find that file to change it dig around here incase you cant remember your pass, before doing last attempt worth a shot?
    10-24-09 12:34 AM
    Plugged it into the computer and types password on there and it worked!!! Soo glad to have my phone back!

Thanks for all the helpful tips!
    Good stuff!!! Remember to back up on a regular basis as the others said and if it ever happens again you can just restore your data from the back up.

10-24-09 12:54 AM
    Good stuff!!! Remember to back up on a regular basis as the others said and if it ever happens again you can just restore your data from the back up.

Just curious, does the backup restore themes and apps? I recall reading somewhere on these forums that backing up apps & themes is not the same as backing up your device through the DM. Am I mistaken?
    10-24-09 01:09 AM
    Could you guys help me please.... I never set a password but i have messed with it a few rimes and it say 3/10 or 4 something like that. I want to set a password but when I entered wht I though was the default one.. last 4 dig of my number no good.

Does anyone know wht the password is that it comes with?

I have verision 8330.. any help would be great.. maybe even PM me I sometimes forget to check my posts/

Thanks everyone
    10-24-09 01:29 AM
    Could you guys help me please.... I never set a password but i have messed with it a few rimes and it say 3/10 or 4 something like that. I want to set a password but when I entered wht I though was the default one.. last 4 dig of my number no good.

Does anyone know wht the password is that it comes with?

I have verision 8330.. any help would be great.. maybe even PM me I sometimes forget to check my posts/

Thanks everyone
    To my knowledge there is no "default password" and mine BB's have never had one enabled...

10-24-09 01:40 AM
    Just curious, does the backup restore themes and apps? I recall reading somewhere on these forums that backing up apps & themes is not the same as backing up your device through the DM. Am I mistaken?
    Check out this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/updated-how-back-up-3rd-party-applications-updated-53201/

10-24-09 01:42 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

10-24-09 01:43 AM
    so if you want to ruin a blackberry owner's day you just sit there when he's not looking and type a wrong password in 11 times?

That's damn silly. The whole 10-and-wipe "feature" should be disable-able.
    10-24-09 05:57 AM
    Got to keep your device safe, don't let drunk people anywhere near it - including yourself* , and back it up.

*but some of our funniest stories come from member's drunken escapades.

10-24-09 08:23 AM
    umm if you type the password wrong on attempt 10 it does now wipe your phone. you have to type in BLACKBERRY or somethign like that before it wipes. thats to prevent accidential password attempts from your pocket or something.
    10-24-09 09:59 AM
    ok will somebody try please? All the misinformation on these boards is ridiculous.
    10-24-09 03:40 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD