I have all 3 in addition to a Q5 and a Z10 and from my experience all of them with the exception of the PP runs at about the same speed.
    They are all slugs compared to the PP. I find the Z30's screen is way too dim and the Classic is still too small compared to the Passport and I think the Classic is way overpriced.
    CompMan2013 likes this.
    01-27-15 02:09 AM
    Yes. That swipe left to delete was a feature I loved on the passport. That capacitive keyboard was sweet! The more I think about it the more I want a Z30. Only problem is waiting for BB to release 10.3.1 for. SMH!
    Does using the leaked update void the warranty on a device?
    Z30 is basically 2 year old technology with a dim screen but it does have fantastic battery life though. I wouldn't worry about installing a leak because if you have any problems with it you can simply restore it back to the original O/S unless you can't boot it up in which case I guess you could run into warranty problems.

Edit: I guess the Classic is 2 year old technology too but I do like the tool belt on it although I start to lose patience with it when it starts to slow down so now I primarily use my PP and have a G3 as a fun phone
    CompMan2013 likes this.
    01-27-15 02:12 AM
    Mmmhhh, h-OP-e you get sucked back in by the Passport... :-D

At least if you're not looking for a phone, but a laptOP replacement for your pocket. That's what I have, and that's why the Q10 doesn't cut it for me anymore. Not enough pixels, not enough RAM for over 60 browser tabs, quadcore power, Kindle app, Teamviewer, in short: Work Wide. Wouldn't miss it anymore. Even my dad's Z30 feels small...

No verdict on the Classic yet, but on the CB homepage Bla1ze just announced, Telstra is getting the Classic. Might check tomorrow, but I don't expect to see it up here in our local store straightaway. Same issue, not enough pixels to view stuff without zooming...

�   HaPPy Australia Day 2015 - come and gone...   �
    naveedk and CompMan2013 like this.
    01-27-15 03:39 AM
    Mmmhhh, h-OP-e you get sucked back in by the Passport... :-D

At least if you're not looking for a phone, but a laptOP replacement for your pocket. That's what I have, and that's why the Q10 doesn't cut it for me anymore. Not enough pixels, not enough RAM for over 60 browser tabs, quadcore power, Kindle app, Teamviewer, in short: Work Wide. Wouldn't miss it anymore. Even my dad's Z30 feels small...

No verdict on the Classic yet, but on the CB homepage Bla1ze just announced, Telstra is getting the Classic. Might check tomorrow, but I don't expect to see it up here in our local store straightaway. Same issue, not enough pixels to view stuff without zooming...

�   HaPPy Australia Day 2015 - come and gone...   �
    I did like the passport but the keyboard was kind of weird. They should of made the passport with a full qwerty keyboard. Sort of like a bigger phablet. I think if they did that it would of moved to the top of the phone pack. Just need to get their app game up a bit.
    01-27-15 06:28 AM
    Ok so I received my Classic today.

My first impression is that I really like this device.

It looks and feels great. I love the the weight on it. It's definitely a premium device. The keyboard seems to be perfect for my fat fingers. I'm thinking that using the q10 for a few days probably helped in that regard.

I'm going to use it for a few days as my daily driver and see if this is the one.
    01-27-15 07:15 PM

It looks and feels great. I love the the weight on it. It's definitely a premium device. The keyboard seems to be perfect for my fat fingers. I'm thinking that using the q10 for a few days probably helped in that regard.

I'm going to use it for a few days as my daily driver and see if this is the one.
    Hope u like it as much as I love mine.

Posted via Classic
    CompMan2013 likes this.
    01-27-15 11:07 PM

Good luck with it - it is a fine phone if you you can deal with some of it's older technology & slower speed. It appears to very well built like a premium phone should be built and has in my opinion after using it for a few weeks the battery life is on par with my Z30
    01-28-15 03:23 AM
    Good luck with it - it is a fine phone if you you can deal with some of it's older technology & slower speed. It appears to very well built like a premium phone should be built and has in my opinion after using it for a few weeks the battery life is on par with my Z30
    Yes I agree that the slower speeds and older tech was discouraging at first, but it seems to work well with the device.
    Kind of reminds me of how apple went years with older tech, but still dominated the market because their devices worked so well with their OS. Also the Moto X was build with older tech, but was such a hit because it worked well.
    I thought settling for the Q10 would be like having the classic, but it's definitely not in my opinion. The difference is night and day. The Q10 feels like a toy compared to the classic. Maybe it's the older OS? I'm not really sure, but I'm going to continue using both devices until it's time to make a permanent decision.

Thanks for ur input. It really helps us BB newbies!
    TgeekB and Bbnivende like this.
    01-28-15 03:47 AM
    Passport
    01-28-15 12:36 PM
    I've switched between the Passport, Classic, Z30, Q10, Z10, Bold 9930, Nexus 4 & 5, Samsung Note 2, Moto G lte & X, Sony Xperia Z Ultra & Z3 Compact. My preference is the Classic.
    02-01-15 08:47 AM
    Yes I agree that the slower speeds and older tech was discouraging at first, but it seems to work well with the device.
    Kind of reminds me of how apple went years with older tech, but still dominated the market because their devices worked so well with their OS. Also the Moto X was build with older tech, but was such a hit because it worked well.
    I thought settling for the Q10 would be like having the classic, but it's definitely not in my opinion. The difference is night and day. The Q10 feels like a toy compared to the classic. Maybe it's the older OS? I'm not really sure, but I'm going to continue using both devices until it's time to make a permanent decision.

Thanks for ur input. It really helps us BB newbies!
    I had bought and returned two Q10s before settling on the final third because I missed the physical keyboard and wanted a compact phone. But the Q10 never felt solid to me. It was the equivalent of a Curve to me. And I am not a fan of the amoled screen. The Classic on the other hand felt right in my hands. The size is larger than the Q10 but still compact enuff for an active lifestyle. The LCD screen was worth the change for me because this is my daily driver and I communicate a lot on my device. I also surf the Web a lot, use Twitter, FB etc. So a screen that is easy on the eyes is a pleasure to have. And love the toolbelt. Quite handy especially in companionship with my hands free car stereo.

Posted via Classic
    02-01-15 08:58 AM
    Lol you should of went to a store and played with theese devices wow you just had a mid life crisis I went with the q10 and have no regrets love it's keyboard and amoled screen love the fact I can still switch the battery out of I have 2yrs with this and unless BlackBerry comes out with something really fantastic this will be my phone anyway cheers

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 12:16 PM
    What's up fellow tech addicts!
    I'm trying to determine which blackberry is best for me.
    I had the Passport first but returned it because it was a little awkward to type on. I really liked it but I couldn't find a comfortable typing position for the device. Even though it was growing on me I decided to return it for a device like the Classic.

After I returned it, I started looking at the specs on the classic and found out that the Q10 is basically the same device without the tool belt. So after looking at multiple videos on YouTube I decide to get the Q10 from Amazon.
    Keep in mind my refund for that passport hasn't set in yet. I believe it will get back to Amazon on Tuesday so I'm 800 bucks in on the blackberry experiment so far.
    So I pay for the next day shipping since I'm a prime member and it only costs 4 more bucks to get it a day earlier.
    I receive it on Saturday and I'm quickly prompted to update the device so I do so.
    After the download I feel cheated a bit because it's only version 10.2.1 and with that I don't get the Amazon App Store. So I go back on YouTube and quickly search for videos to find out if I had a bad handset or if there's something I'm missing. Of course the update hasn't been released yet for the q10.
    So i decide to hang on to it until the update arrives in Feb. Again it's the same things the Classic right??? That lasted about a day!
    I talked myself into getting the Classic because the q10 is a bit too small for me. And having a 6-plus as a daily driver doesn't help the cause either.

So I jump back on Amazon and order the Classic. I again pay the extra 4 bucks to get it shipped here tomorrow morning.
    That's another 480 to Amazon!!! And $1,280 into the blackberry experiment for those of u that are counting!
    While I'm waiting on my device I'm on crackberry checking reviews on my new device and start to read all the bad things about the classic, like the keyboard bleed and the gap between the tool belt and screen. Now I'm having second thoughts and thinking I really need to seek some help because I dropped a bit of money on a phone that will be essentially a backup (business Line) phone. Anyone in here a psychiatrist? Because I'm in desperate need of your help!!!

So to sum it up... I really liked the passport because it was a premium feeling device and it did work flawlessly, but I cant walk around with two phablet in my pockets. And the q10 really surprised me for being a 2 year old device., but it was a bit too small. And now it's looking like the price tag on the Classic is a bit too high. Am I just overreacting? Or do I have a valid point?
    I'm also thinking the Z30 might be a better option.

Let me just say moving forward I don't think I will be able to live without a blackberry device running OS 10.3 in the future. I really love the UI. It's so underrated. I was really blown away by it. It will definitely serve as a great business tool for me. And the gestures are really good also. I hope they are able to turn it around because they really have something here. I find it hard to believe that blackberry (rim) could be a thing of the past like webOS.

I hope this post doesn't offend any of u guys. I'm just really confused on which device will be the best one for me. I hope to hear some opinions. If not I will understand.

Thanks,

CompMan2013
    If you need a keyboard, stay with the Classic! I've also read those negative "bleeding light" comments..I haven't had ANY of those issues at all! No gaps, no light bleed or whatever, none of that! Just get the Classic, use it for a week or so, yes it comes with 10.3 and I believe another update is on the way. The Classic is really more that just a Q10 w/ a belt, I had the Q10 a year or more b4 I got the Classic, subtle but big difference..if that makes since. It's like comparing gas station cereal to grocery store cereal, they both achieve the same things, but one is obviously better after giving it a try!

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    CompMan2013 likes this.
    02-01-15 01:43 PM
    Lol you should of went to a store and played with theese devices wow you just had a mid life crisis I went with the q10 and have no regrets love it's keyboard and amoled screen love the fact I can still switch the battery out of I have 2yrs with this and unless BlackBerry comes out with something really fantastic this will be my phone anyway cheers

Posted via CB10
    Nice run on sentence! LOL.

Posted from my awesome Classic.
    02-01-15 05:24 PM
    Nice run on sentence! LOL.

Posted from my awesome Classic.
    Maybe his period doesn't work on his Q10??

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>?
    02-01-15 05:47 PM
    Maybe his period doesn't work on his Q10??

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>?
    Lol, yea alot of double typing w/ my Q10 when I was using it. No double typing @ all with my Classic

8520>Storm2>9900>Q10>Classic

02-01-15 05:53 PM
    I've had the Q10 for quite a while now and like it a lot. I dumped an iPhone 4 to get it and I wasn't disappointed. I would get the Classic tomorrow if my carrier offered it, but Verizon still hasn't brought it on board yet.

Sorry to hear the Passport didn't suit you. I think the Passport is supposed to be BlackBerry's best phone. If I'm not mistaken, Verizon has no plans to bring that on board, so it's simply not an option for me.

I'm looking forward to Verizon offering the Classic. Until then, I'm happy to continue using the Q10. It's very efficient and a great device.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-15 06:15 PM
    Update....

I returned the classic after using it for a week. I really loved it but it's not worth 500 dollars. I'm hoping the next classic is a combination of the passport and the current classic.
    I decided to hold onto the Q10 since it's similar to the Classic and 300 dollars cheaper. Hopefully we get the 10.3 update soon. I think the classic would be a steal at 300.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-15 12:06 PM
    Update....

I returned the classic after using it for a week. I really loved it but it's not worth 500 dollars. I'm hoping the next classic is a combination of the passport and the current classic.
    I decided to hold onto the Q10 since it's similar to the Classic and 300 dollars cheaper. Hopefully we get the 10.3 update soon. I think the classic would be a steal at 300.

Posted via CB10
    I think you like the thrill of trying a diff phone every week lol! I had the Q10 for a year also, but def was ready to have my toolbelt back and slightly bigger screen! Not to mention the extra chrome/silver put back on the phone that I missed from the 9900. I always said if they combined the 9900 w/ a Q10, I would get it...and lone behold they did with the Classic! Hey, at least ur still w/ the Crackberry nation!

02-05-15 01:44 PM
    I think you like the thrill of trying a diff phone every week lol! I had the Q10 for a year also, but def was ready to have my toolbelt back and slightly bigger screen! Not to mention the extra chrome/silver put back on the phone that I missed from the 9900. I always said if they combined the 9900 w/ a Q10, I would get it...and lone behold they did with the Classic! Hey, at least ur still w/ the Crackberry nation!

Lol Maybe! I guess I'm looking for the perfect phone which probably doesn't exist. But until i do find it and have the financial resources, I'm going to keep trying!
    02-05-15 02:52 PM
    Lol Maybe! I guess I'm looking for the perfect phone which probably doesn't exist. But until i do find it and have the financial resources, I'm going to keep trying!
    I hear ya..just don't spend all the retirement money on phones that are obsolete after 6 months to a year lol! Good luck in that search, pls let us know when find the perfect phone, I'll be the next in line to buy one! My Classic is almost perfect..I have every app that I need including a perfectly working NetFlix, Swann Security Cam, & Directv to name a few. The only app I need back on my phone is my banking app and I'll be set!

02-05-15 05:20 PM
    I hear ya..just don't spend all the retirement money on phones that are obsolete after 6 months to a year lol! Good luck in that search, pls let us know when find the perfect phone, I'll be the next in line to buy one! My Classic is almost perfect..I have every app that I need including a perfectly working NetFlix, Swann Security Cam, & Directv to name a few. The only app I need back on my phone is my banking app and I'll be set!

Will do. At this point the BlackBerry is my second phone, but if they keep improving and providing more app options then I can easily see them as my primary phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 02:00 PM
47 12