So anyone here have both phones. I have the passport but im so tempted to get a classic. Which one is better and why?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-15 11:12 PM
    I was exactly in your position a few weeks ago. I had and still have my beloved passport. I used it for about 5 months. It was a great device. The passport offers amazing battery life, a unique keyboard and a stunning display.

However, for the last two weeks i've been using a classic. The classic bring so much nostalgia for the BlackBerry bold days. The trackpad is great, the form factor is flawless and the full qwerty physical keyboard is nothing to mess with.

Both devices are great! Personally, I went to the classic because of the form factor and the tool belt. It's awesome that BlackBerry brought back the trackpad because I missed the old bold days. I think that you'll enjoy switching over to the classic. Don't worry about battery life too much. I know the passport has amazing battery life, and even though the classic loses that battle, it still has excellent battery life that easily takes me through a day and a half of moderate use. Hope this helps!

Posted via CB10
    nmduc073 likes this.
    04-29-15 11:25 PM
    It's a matter of personal preference. The Passport has better hardware specifications (faster processor, more memory and built-in storage, better camera), but some people prefer the traditional style of the keyboard found on the Classic. I played with both before making a decision on which to purchase and wound up picking the Classic because I preferred the overall size and feel in the hand plus the traditional keyboard versus the Passport.

Either way, both are excellent devices and you can't go wrong with either.
    nmduc073 likes this.
    04-29-15 11:34 PM
    As far as keyboard go, hmm probably the Classic has an edge over the Passport.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-29-15 11:40 PM
    I have both and I find myself using the Passport more often, but use my Classic, Z30,Ipad mini and Galaxy Tab S 10.5 to give my Passport a well needed break. So to answer your question definitely the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 11:33 AM
    I have both phones and I can't really say which one is the better device. Both of them have their own, unique strengths and downsides, which ultimately come down to your preferences which one might be more enjoyable.

The Classic for example is what I consider a "true" BlackBerry. You look at it and instantly know "That's a BlackBerry right there!", the whole design and experience thanks to the well integrated toolbelt and trackpad brings back the older legacy days to BB10. It less wide than the Passport and more sized to a typical ~4.5" candybar full-touch device. It is very usable with a single hand both in term of operation, as well as typing stuff. The keyboard is pretty clicky and offers IMO the best typing experience of any half recently BlackBerry with a physical QWERTY.

On the other hand the Passport immediately catches the eye as something weird, something new. BlackBerry went off known paths and innovated in multiple sectors, the big sized high resolution 1:1 screen, the odd square shape of the phone, the touch sensitive 3-row keyboard. The screen is so big and clear, the huge amount of content it displays really shines on it, be it reading texts, viewing your mails, just navigate through your Hub and Calendar or browse the web, the Passport really takes that to a new experience.
    The battery is impressive, I often can get two days off a single charge, not possible with any previous device I've ever owned before. Of course it also offers much more modern hardware, while native apps and the OS is still fluid enough on the Classic, the Passport simply performs faster and IMO it kind of eases my mind that I get more decent hardware when buying a new device.
    The keyboard is nice, but I simply prefer the full 4-row keyboard the Classic offers. I like to avoid many modern electronic typing aids like autocorrect and IMO the Classic simply offers more control, better feedback and after all a full physical keyboard - unlike the Passport which relies on its virtual row(s).

I'd have a hard time deciding which one to keep if I had to sell one tomorrow. I think I might keep the Passport, but I am not 100% sure about it. After all I keep switching between both phones and I always miss certain aspects of the one I am not using at the moment.
    I guess if the Classic would have better specs and a slightly better resolution display, like 1080x1080, it would be a no-brainer for me to choose the Classic. On the other hand side I like the odd appearence similar to that traditional BlackBerry appearence of the Classic. In my opinion, a BlackBerry fan can't do wrong with any of both devices.

Posted via CB10
    nmduc073 likes this.
    05-02-15 12:02 PM