I just tried to buy the passport right now (Oct 18th at 7:40pm) on shopblackberry Canadian site and it's showing SOLD OUT.

Is this for real? I've been trying to buy this phone since launch and can't seem to catch a break.

Is it possible it's sold out for like the third time now???

Posted via CB10
    40blind40 likes this.
    10-18-14 07:41 PM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Just keep trying and watch the post here for info... usually it's posted asap on this site...

Yes, sells out quickly but lots of the backlogged orders seem to have shipped or are in progress.

From my awesome Passport via shop BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 07:47 PM
    It is in demand!

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    10-18-14 07:48 PM
    My Telus store here in Cambridge had ten in stock today. Happened that the BlackBerry rep was in store when I visited and she gave me her Passport to handle and a tour of the features. I'm definitely impressed. Anyway, seems like some supply channels are getting restocked.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 07:57 PM
    Wow, the US site does indeed show out of stock. Quite something.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 08:04 PM
    Wow, the US site does indeed show out of stock. Quite something.

Posted via CB10
    Rumor is after fulfilling all of the BO's the U.S and Canadian sites combined only had 1000 units. I still believe it's an extremely smart move by BlackBerry (Chen) to basically produce them as they're ordered.

Posted Securely Via BlackBerry 10.
    10-18-14 08:16 PM
    Rumor is after fulfilling all of the BO's the U.S and Canadian sites combined only had 1000 units. I still believe it's an extremely smart move by BlackBerry (Chen) to basically produce them as they're ordered.

Posted Securely Via BlackBerry 10.
    As long as they can keep the wait times to a week or so, then sure. Otherwise you have to imagine that it's hampering their product a little bit.

Posted via CB10
    Master of Surgery and mnc76 like this.
    10-18-14 08:54 PM
    My Telus store here in Cambridge had ten in stock today. Happened that the BlackBerry rep was in store when I visited and she gave me her Passport to handle and a tour of the features. I'm definitely impressed. Anyway, seems like some supply channels are getting restocked.

Posted via CB10
    The store on pinebush? I've looked at the one on display a couple of times. I wish Rogers had them in stock.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 09:27 PM
    Cambridge Centre.
    10-18-14 11:22 PM
    I think every Telus corporate store has them in stock!

Blackberry Passport on the TELUS network
    10-18-14 11:30 PM
    I think every Telus corporate store has them in stock!

Blackberry Passport on the TELUS network
    I think you are correct. Burlington Mall continues to have them in stock

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    10-19-14 12:52 AM
    They seem to keep production on a demanding scale. I am not surprised with this after their Z10 debacle where they had millions of unsold stock left. The counter side of course is the matter of fact people start being pissed off because they want to buy it - yet they can't, because stock is kept extremely limited.

The best thing you can try is to simply order somewhere and hope for the best.

Hopefully not double-typed with my Q10
    10-19-14 03:55 AM
    The store on pinebush? I've looked at the one on display a couple of times. I wish Rogers had them in stock.

Posted via CB10
    I ordered a Passport over the phone with Rogers on Friday Oct 10th and it was delivered to me Friday Oct 17th.

'BB POWERED' C001C1D66
    Last edited by xBURK; 10-19-14 at 04:30 AM.
    10-19-14 04:07 AM
    Lol sorry about your luck OP

I'm glad to poor....dont even gotta worry about its availability lol

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 04:40 AM
    Rumor is after fulfilling all of the BO's...
    I think this rumor is true: Something doesn't smell right about all these sellouts...

( LOL... "BO's" :P )

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    10-19-14 05:05 AM
    This is as close to Just in Time as you can get with a manufactured device. Now, if Chen were more pro-active, he'd hire a statistician to predict demand even one or two weeks out, and plan production accordingly. Even a 4th year student from U of Waterloo could do this.

I think the shortages are somewhat intentional. It gets the BlackBerry name in the news, in a good way, and gives them free publicity. It also makes the phone that much more desirable and worth the wait. I don't think BlackBerry is losing any customers over this - at least not more than they're gaining. It's not an impulse purchase phone - when you want it, you want it, and you'll wait for it. I'm waiting another month, when Telus will forgive the last 4 months of my current contract.

Posted via CB10
    xBURK likes this.
    10-19-14 02:00 PM
    Totally agree with your assessment above.

Posted via CB10 with BlackBerry PP
    10-19-14 04:16 PM