Question, does BBM Video work with cross platform? My wife has an iPhone so I definitely need a video chat app. Skype would work too
    As far as I know BBM Video is now cross platform option.
    10-10-16 03:35 AM
    Hi guys!

Just like in the topic. I was wondering if buying a Passport SE in 2016 is a good idea. I've sold my V10, because I miss PKB, but I'm afraid that Passport will be a "brick phone" because of BB10 which is dying slowly. Unfortunately I can't afford Priv and DTEK is a big NO for me.

I don't use SnapChat, I don't play games on my phone, but I use Spotify very often, I use Facebook Messenger for my daily communication and I use WhatsApp to comunicate with my firends. Also I use Google Duo to communicate with my parents, but I can replace it with BBM Video.

So what is your opinion?
    Besides whatsapp and Google duo after 2016, all apps you mentioned work just fine on BB10.
    10-10-16 03:40 AM
    As far as I know BBM Video is now cross platform option.
    A few mentioned the video chat did not work on bb10. Can someone clear the air?

Besides does Skype work? Be it BB10 native or Amazon app?
    10-10-16 03:42 AM
    Face10 is CRAP! Don't use it. Use Facebox, instead, or the browser.
    10-10-16 03:42 AM
    Besides whatsapp and Google duo after 2016, all apps you mentioned work just fine on BB10.
    Probably there will be some kind of workaround for WhatsApp, not only android apk(which I've heard works just fine) but something like Whats10 from Nemory.
    10-10-16 03:47 AM
    A few mentioned the video chat did not work on bb10. Can someone clear the air?

Besides does Skype work? Be it BB10 native or Amazon app?
    Nobody?
    10-10-16 05:34 AM
    Video chat works just fine on my BB10. At least with another BB10 (I'm on Z30/Q10, my wife on Z10). I use BBM and LINE for that. They both work, but LINE is heavy, laggy, and sucks the juice out of your battery like a demon unleashed. Lol
    10-10-16 06:05 AM
    Video chat works just fine on my BB10. At least with another BB10 (I'm on Z30/Q10, my wife on Z10). I use BBM and LINE for that. They both work, but LINE is heavy, laggy, and sucks the juice out of your battery like a demon unleashed. Lol
    So it works fine across BB10 devices. What about cross platforms?
    10-10-16 06:26 AM
    As I mentioned before, as far as I know it works between platforms.
    10-10-16 06:30 AM
    As I mentioned before, as far as I know it works between platforms.
    10-10-16 06:30 AM
    Question!

Any one is using FB Messenger as an sideloaded apk?
    10-10-16 06:43 AM
    Old version of FB messenger apk will work (Facebook v29.0.0.23.13.apk), but I gotta tell you, it's HEAVY, like most apk. The most current version will not work.

If you want to have FB messenger that works right and light, though, install the old Facebook bar app--one that still works as an app instead of browser-based. The FB Messenger service will kick in like normal and integrates with the Hub.
    10-10-16 06:55 AM
    What about Facebook Messenger Lite?
    10-10-16 06:57 AM
    Question, does BBM Video work with cross platform? My wife has an iPhone so I definitely need a video chat app. Skype would work too
    No. Video Chat is ONLY cross platform between iOS and Android. BB10 has video chat ONLY with other BB10 devices.
    10-10-16 07:24 AM
    No. Video Chat is ONLY cross platform between iOS and Android. BB10 has video chat ONLY with other BB10 devices.
    Pretty unique choice
    10-10-16 07:41 AM
    What about Facebook Messenger Lite?
    Don't know. I haven't tried that yet. Please do so, if you would, though.
    10-10-16 07:48 AM
    I will be able to do that tomorrow.
    10-10-16 07:49 AM
    I will be able to do that tomorrow.
    10-10-16 07:49 AM
    It is a good phone for texting, email, and Web browsing. Other than that, it is almost dead.
    All side loaded apps are slow, lag, and crash all the time. The Android runtime is very outdated and not more serviceable.

As a secondary back up phone, it is very good and unique.
    As a daily drive, no and a big NO, unless you came from a feature phone.
    This is exactly why I chose the Priv over the Passport, very sadly. I've always wanted to try out the Passport as a primary device in tandem with my Q10 as a secondary phone. Got tired of my anonymous large slab phone and was ready to move on, but the hobbled BB10 on my Q10 dissuaded me. The Q10 was already my go-to device for typing out texts and longer emails, so getting the Passport appeared superfluous. So I got the Priv instead, which is now my primary device. The pkb may not be as good as that of my Q10, but it's good enough as a bonus on the Priv since the vkb on the Priv is very usable.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-16 07:53 AM
    Problem is they all do that.... which is why more and more people are trying to consolidate to just one messaging service. The average user just can't afford to be running WhatsApp, Line, BBM, FB Messenger.... all on one Android phone. But then those plug in battery packs are big sellers these days.
    10-10-16 07:54 AM
    Unfortunately not. This has been one of Chen's major failures and a problem he had taken no steps to correct.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-16 08:13 AM
    Problem is they all do that.... which is why more and more people are trying to consolidate to just one messaging service. The average user just can't afford to be running WhatsApp, Line, BBM, FB Messenger.... all on one Android phone. But then those plug in battery packs are big sellers these days.
    Yeah. Which is why I currently concentrate on put things back where they belong: BBM on my Q10, whatsapp on my cheap *** Android.
    10-10-16 08:17 AM
    Ok guys,

I've wrote to BlackBerry Support about BBM Video. BBM Video that will work from BB 10 to Android, iOS and vice versa is in beta stage and will be released when testing is complete.

Don't how many of you knew this earlier but I hope this is good news for you.
    10-10-16 08:55 AM
    Ok guys,

I've wrote to BlackBerry Support about BBM Video. BBM Video that will work from BB 10 to Android, iOS and vice versa is in beta stage and will be released when testing is complete.

10-10-16 08:55 AM
    Ok guys,

Vitno I don't know if I am the only one but your posts seem to duplicate.
    10-10-16 09:05 AM
99 1234