I don't have other phone for apps and apps I need I've mentioned in the first post.
    I jumped right in and wrote my post. Now that I've seen this, you've the android run-time for the android apps but that's not a practical solution. So, if you like the Priv, pick it up. It has everything you need. It's also selling for a reasonable $425 right now.
    10-08-16 10:53 AM
    So, if you like the Priv, pick it up. It has everything you need. It's also selling for a reasonable $425 right now.
    I have had Priv. It's overhetaing problems were the main reason why I sold it.

Android runtime is a relative good solution as long as it don't need Google Play Services.
    10-08-16 10:56 AM
    I have had Priv. It's overhetaing problems were the main reason why I sold it.

Android runtime is a relative good solution as long as it don't need Google Play Services.
    You can manually install the APKs. Of course you know all about how the apps don't run very smoothly. So take that in mind, if np, go for it.
    10-08-16 11:08 AM
    I bought a passport se a few months ago and I absolutely love it. You can easily do everything you mentioned on the passport. Spotify is the only app that I don't have personal experience with, but I do use other android apps with no issues.

Posted via the CB App for PRIV
    10-08-16 11:37 AM
    I have a few questions also.

-how does the playstation app work?
    -playstation messages app is also important.
    -does anyone play destiny? Companion app?

What is the difference between SE and OG partr from aesthetics?
    10-08-16 11:46 AM
    Ok, so summing up all your posts, I think it's worth to buy a Passport SE in 2016.

So Facebook works(face10), Instagram too(iGrann or Inst10), WhatsApp can be sideloaded or downloaded directly form GP Store, there is alternative for Periscope - Scope10 from Nemory Studios.

Can anyone tell me how sideloaded Facebook and Instagram works and also Spotify?
    They said Spotify sideload works fine.
    10-08-16 11:47 AM
    They said Spotify sideload works fine.
    It works just as good through Amazon app store. No need to sideload. Installing through Amazon app store will also get you the official updates to Spotify.

Posted via CB10
    ardakca likes this.
    10-08-16 12:00 PM
    The Passport SE is a great phone, even in 2016.
    But I have to tell you the truth. For what you want to use it for don't bother. Go get yourself an android phone. If you can't get away from the keyboard then get a Priv.

It's not worth the aggravation of using workarounds to get the apps you want to work.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    10-08-16 12:03 PM
    The Passport SE is a great phone, even in 2016.
    But I have to tell you the truth. For what you want to use it for don't bother. Go get yourself an android phone. If you can't get away from the keyboard then get a Priv.

It's not worth the aggravation of using workarounds to get the apps you want to work.

Posted via CB10
    I already have the priv. But I need the always there keyboard . Plus passport is beautiful. I just love the design.
    10-08-16 12:46 PM
    I have a few questions also.

-how does the playstation app work?
    -playstation messages app is also important.
    -does anyone play destiny? Companion app?

What is the difference between SE and OG partr from aesthetics?
    No one playing PS4?
    10-08-16 01:03 PM
    The Passport SE is a great phone even today and there are ways to do almost anything you want on it but it's only going to take more effort in the future to continue doing things such as using WhatsApp on it so it's a tough call.
    10-08-16 03:50 PM
    Nope. I've expressed my disappointment with the Passport's current state before and I stand by those statements.
    10-08-16 09:50 PM
    Still a cool phone and wishing i had one.
    10-08-16 11:48 PM
    i think the passport will still be an awesome device 3 years down the road. i still see a lot of people with iphone 4s, if you don't get into all the marketing hype, it's still a wonderful device that gets a lot of stuff done for you. I think passport is just as capable if not more capable than the iphone 4s.
    10-09-16 01:27 AM
    Passport still has a potential, Unique Form Factor, Eye Balls grabbing device.

You first need to make yourself aware before purchasing this device that the App support is limited, or should I say no support at all.

I was using Samsung Galaxy Note 5 sold it and bought the Passport and I am in love with the device.

I am not inclined towards apps all I need is a few apps like telegram,wapp, Skitch and few others which I've side loaded.

Now if you too much into multimedia, Gaming, and App buff then no this device is not for you.

Akram Khan BB Pin: 2BE444CF Sent from my  BlackBerry Passport.
    10-09-16 02:36 AM
    It is a good phone for texting, email, and Web browsing. Other than that, it is almost dead.
    All side loaded apps are slow, lag, and crash all the time. The Android runtime is very outdated and not more serviceable.

As a secondary back up phone, it is very good and unique.
    As a daily drive, no and a big NO, unless you came from a feature phone.
    10-09-16 05:20 PM
    It is a good phone for texting, email, and Web browsing. Other than that, it is almost dead.
    All side loaded apps are slow, lag, and crash all the time. The Android runtime is very outdated and not more serviceable.

Agree

Posted via Passport SE
    10-09-16 07:57 PM

As a daily drive it works for many. In the case of the OP it wouldn't work based on his needs.
    I use my Passport SE as a primary daily phone for work and personal. Does everything I need and more. My professional needs aren't heavily app dependant same with my personal needs.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-16 10:24 PM
    In the case of the OP it wouldn't work based on his needs.
    I won't be so bas. I need only a few apps, which mostly are native or well working Android apk's. THe problem is when app needs Google Play Services, but till then it should be ok.

Any one is using sideloaded Facebook Messenger and Facebook client?
    10-10-16 01:57 AM
    In the case of the OP it wouldn't work based on his needs.
    I won't be so bas. I need only a few apps, which mostly are native or well working Android apk's. THe problem is when app needs Google Play Services, but till then it should be ok.

10-10-16 01:57 AM

Agreed also there are a lot more quality native apps than people give credit for. Snapchat is one of the few big apps that there isn't working in some way on BB10 and that's due to the company going out of their way to block it and not BB10.
    10-10-16 02:50 AM

Agreed also there are a lot more quality native apps than people give credit for. Snapchat is one of the few big apps that there isn't working in some way on BB10 and that's due to the company going out of their way to block it and not BB10.
    10-10-16 02:50 AM

I'm not a Snapchat user, so for me this isn't a problem As I metnioned before, I use only a couple of apps. For Google Duo there is replecament - BBM Video and Skype.
    10-10-16 02:53 AM

I'm not a Snapchat user, so for me this isn't a problem As I metnioned before, I use only a couple of apps. For Google Duo there is replecament - BBM Video and Skype.
    10-10-16 02:53 AM
    Question, does BBM Video work with cross platform? My wife has an iPhone so I definitely need a video chat app. Skype would work too
    10-10-16 02:59 AM
99 1234