10-28-16 11:57 AM
35 12
tools
    So I'm going to use android, and have a second app because the oem browser can't cut it? I need two apps instead of one?

Posted via CB10
    Are you serious? Is this for real?If thats your logic then what is the need for blackberry world? So you are only using first party apps? I prefer opera browser, i do not like chrome, so what. Android is not BB10 so why would you expect the same ways of achieving something. And background play on android is available, its just not to your liking.
    10-26-16 10:39 AM
    There are BlackBerry® 10 devices in the works (even with a PKB) and an at least one upgrade to the OS soon. Hang in there! :-) Cheer up, chum!

I have the Priv and Passport SE as a second phone. Everything I could want or need is in these phones. I'm so disappointed BlackBerry is out of the hardware business. BB10 is like an old friend and I'm heartbroken. Android phones are sooo boring and options are limited in comparison. I hope my Passport lasts for many years to come. When the keyboard dies or the phone no longer is able to meet my everyday needs, my SE will retire to a comfortable night stand as an alarm clock until I'm definite that my electronic, vintage, early riser will transition into it's last sunrise.
    10-26-16 12:52 PM
    So I'm going to use android, and have a second app because the oem browser can't cut it? I need two apps instead of one?

Posted via CB10
    BB10's browser is trash now. Technically speaking, it's years behind all other browsers in terms of speed and HTML 5 test results.
    10-26-16 02:47 PM
    BB10's browser is trash now. Technically speaking, it's years behind all other browsers in terms of speed and HTML 5 test results.
    Technically speaking, if your ISP is garbage, your test results will be garbage. I prefer the BB browser that I know will open ANY web page as opposed to newer mobile browsers that either won't work (Edge) or redirect you to its respective app store for whatever site you're trying to reach. Chrome and Safari are notorious for redirecting rather than opening a proper mobile website. Since webOS was devoid of apps, its browser was, and is, one of the best of all time.
    10-26-16 03:27 PM
    Had the Passport, bought the Priv. Wanted to keep the Passport as backup and for email but only used it for the alarm so sold it. Not handy to carry 2 phones....
    10-26-16 03:49 PM
    And Browser is what? Not an app? Just because its part of the system it doesnt change the fact that browser is just an app.
    Nah. I would call browser part of the system. It is there right out of the box. Stays there after a security wipe. No downloading or accounts needed.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-16 07:53 PM
    The BB10 Os is awesome. Thats why i own three Passport SEs , one Z30, and two Leaps hehe.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-16 12:47 PM
    1) You seem to have a problem with 'sign in with Google' but do you have issues with 'sign in with Facebook'?
    I'm always amazed that people are willing to use single sign on solutions with Facebook Google, etc. Besides giving up your privacy and control of your personal information to marketers, you also make it easy for anyone who hacks your FB account or Google account to access the rest of your online resources.

I prefer to have separate usernames and PWs for every online resource and use a secure, encrypted PW manager with two-factor authentication. I currently have over 800 different complex username/PW combos, and I change all my important ones (financial, social networks, etc) monthly. I can do all this while only having to remember a single secure pass phrase. It's easier than logging in with Facebook would be, and much more secure/private.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-16 08:08 AM
    I have a Priv that I do not tho anything I can't do on my BB10 phones, only app I really use is instagram.
    I don't use whatsapp snapface, just started using tweet to read news feeds, I don't use facebook, I use BBM a lot, so um I guess bb10 will probably be good to me long as sms phone calls emails and Internet works
    10-28-16 11:54 AM
    There are BlackBerry® 10 devices in the works (even with a PKB) and an at least one upgrade to the OS soon. Hang in there! :-) Cheer up, chum!
    Did you mean to put a wink on your smiley face?
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    10-28-16 11:57 AM
35 12