That horse has been beaten so many times on these forums, even more than the horse in the pilot of season 1 of The Walking Dead.

Most people coming from a Q10/Classic/Passport will probably be interested in KEYone/KEY2 sooner or later once the BB10 ship is in the deep ocean.

You don't care? Many of us do. All those who bought a KEYone, actually.

Nothing unique about BBMo's devices?

If you don't like typing on glass, BBMo has what you want. Other than that and the security hardening, sure it's just another Android. But phones are so damn similar these days that the physical keyboard is considered a radically distinctive feature. All the other OEM's are focused on slapping more lenses on their phones and adding notches.

Look I am happy for you and others that like the Key1,2 and whatever else is coming. Android is not for me.

I did the research before moving from Apple to Bb10 (z10) back in 2013. I love this OS. I am personally very happy with the few apps I have. The Passport's form factor, the 3 row keyboard - love everything about it.

Like some people don't care for BB10, I don't care for Android, it's as simple as that. So if the company folded and didn't produce anymore phones, I really wouldn't care since they're not producing any phones with BB10 anyway.

My first phone with a physical keyboard was the Passport and yes I will miss it if I ever move to something else but I guess I'll get used to typing on glass again.

My aim is to stay with the Passport for as long as I can and then see what I'll get. It won't be Apple or Android so hopefully by then there is something else around!

Yes, I agree with you re the other OEMs and their quest to produce the latest gimmick which I personally don't care for but I guess we're all different.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    05-31-18 07:36 AM
    Look I am happy for you and others that like the Key1,2 and whatever else is coming. Android is not for me.

I did the research before moving from Apple to Bb10 (z10) back in 2013. I love this OS. I am personally very happy with the few apps I have. The Passport's form factor, the 3 row keyboard - love everything about it.

Like some people don't care for BB10, I don't care for Android, it's as simple as that. So if the company folded and didn't produce anymore phones, I really wouldn't care since they're not producing any phones with BB10 anyway.

My first phone with a physical keyboard was the Passport and yes I will miss it if I ever move to something else but I guess I'll get used to typing on glass again.

My aim is to stay with the Passport for as long as I can and then see what I'll get. It won't be Apple or Android so hopefully by then there is something else around!

Yes, I agree with you re the other OEMs and their quest to produce the latest gimmick which I personally don't care for but I guess we're all different.

See this is what I don't get with some of the hard-core Passport fans. They say they don't like the KEYone, fine. They say they'll hold on to their Passport until 2020, okay.

But come that day that BB10 essentially shuts down, why in the world would you just say "I'll just get a slab" instead of admitting that obviously a KEY2/KEY3 will bring you MUCH closer to the BB10/PP experience
    05-31-18 08:07 AM

How do you use a Passport in 2018-2019 with no apps if browser continues to degrade?
    05-31-18 08:32 AM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Best pkb indeed... reason I could not go to KeyOne...

Posted via CB10
    05-31-18 09:32 AM
    See this is what I don't get with some of the hard-core Passport fans. They say they don't like the KEYone, fine. They say they'll hold on to their Passport until 2020, okay.

But come that day that BB10 essentially shuts down, why in the world would you just say "I'll just get a slab" instead of admitting that obviously a KEY2/KEY3 will bring you MUCH closer to the BB10/PP experience
    Just don't like Android! Why do some people love Apple and others Android? According to the forums google/android can never run on the Passport form factor so that will never be a reality anyway.

I started with a slab and it worked so I should be able to get used to it again. I guess the question is which compromise can I deal with - android or a slab?

Who knows what other small operating system will be out by 2020.

05-31-18 09:22 PM
    How do you use a Passport in 2018-2019 with no apps if browser continues to degrade?
    So far I have no issues and I'll deal with it when it starts happening. I have a feeling whatsapp will be the first one.

05-31-18 09:25 PM
    Given the passion of Passport owners (like me) for the typing experience, it makes you wonder about so-called professional reviews. The Passport certainly didn't fail because of the keyboard.
    Yes Passport and other BlackBerry 10 OS Phones were not successful due to lack of apps.
    08-02-18 12:31 PM
32 12