10-11-14 03:12 PM
38 12
tools
    I am on the day 5 with my Passport and each day has been better than the previous one. I am now completely comfortable with the device which is suited most for my business needs. Opening attachments was never so easy before. The processor is lightening fast. The BlackBerry blend is amazing.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    09-29-14 07:47 AM
    So glad you're enjoying it! Me thinks its a success
    09-29-14 07:49 AM
    I'm on day 3 and I know my choice to get this phone was definitely not fanboy-ism... this phone is great!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 07:52 AM
    Mine is on order, but being late out of the gate I am going to have to wait....i have a friend who was going to ditch her q10 for the iphone 6 for a better camera. Last night she stated she is getting the Passport. I asked what? You wanted the iphone. She said her son just broke his iphone again.....she has had it! In reality, the Passport is the perfect phone for her. Quick question? How is the camera and video quality? If you hdmi out to a large screen TV, does it fill the screen in true HD format? I could not get her Q10 to do that, yet my z30 is amazing for projecting media play back.

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    09-29-14 07:55 AM
    Mine is on order, but being late out of the gate I am going to have to wait....i have a friend who was going to ditch her q10 for the iphone 6 for a better camera. Last night she stated she is getting the Passport. I asked what? You wanted the iphone. She said her son just broke his iphone again.....she has had it! In reality, the Passport is the perfect phone for her. Quick question? How is the camera and video quality? If you hdmi out to a large screen TV, does it fill the screen in true HD format? I could not get her Q10 to do that, yet my z30 is amazing for projecting media play back.

Posted via CB10
    Hi! Honestly didn't buy the device for Camera and movies. I had huge problems in viewing attachments on my Z30 and Z10. I had to open word / excel files on my laptop to to see the contents properly. Now I don't need to open these on laptop and can send my business quotations easily from home in late evening hours without accessing my laptop.
    Also the blend is simply amazing.

09-29-14 08:05 AM
    Hi! Honestly didn't buy the device for Camera and movies. I had huge problems in viewing attachments on my Z30 and Z10. I had to open word / excel files on my laptop to to see the contents properly. Now I don't need to open these on laptop and can send my business quotations easily from home in late evening hours without accessing my laptop.
    Also the blend is simply amazing.

OK thanks for the straight up reply. Appreciate that.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 08:12 AM
    I met a couple on the weekend and they can't believe BB is Back,they thought it was going out of business,now all of a sudden people are amazed.thank you Chen .And of course Prem!!!
    09-29-14 08:15 AM
    If you hdmi out to a large screen TV, does it fill the screen in true HD format? I could not get her Q10 to do that, yet my z30 is amazing for projecting media play back.
    Posted via CB10
    In the camera settings you can choose 16:9 format so you are not limited to the screen shape. Naturally when viewing 16:9 pics on the Passport you will have black bars on top and bottom as the pictures stretches to the width. I don't have a Q10 but you should also have that option on that phone as well.
    09-29-14 08:21 AM
    In the camera settings you can choose 16:9 format so you are not limited to the screen shape. Naturally when viewing 16:9 pics on the Passport you will have black bars on top and bottom as the pictures stretches to the width. I don't have a Q10 but you should also have that option on that phone as well.
    Yes I set both the camera and video to 16:9 format, but it did not work. It still projected as a smaller box on the 66"TV. It was the correct shape though. The PlayBook and my z30 both filled the screen as expected. I am just hoping the Passport does this correctly while using the HDMI out port.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 08:30 AM
    I went to Future Shop the other day to buy headphones for my Z10. I noticed no Passport on display, so I asked if they had one to show. The girl "fufed" and got one. She said "it's so ugly! BlackBerry is trying too hard and they are going out of business ". I responded with this device isn't for every one. This makes me think. I thought the very company she is working for is in a much worse position and is probably going to Receivership ( Chapter 11) within the next couple of years. Even faster if they put people in that refused to sell products that the retailers offer

Z10
    09-29-14 09:14 AM
    Yes Nick this is due to lack of awareness about BlackBerry. Many people are still obsessed with BlackBerry. Thank you Mr Chen and offcourse Mr Prem for surpassing the latent desires of the customers with a unique innovation.

anon(9742832) likes this.
    09-29-14 09:26 AM
    I went to Future Shop the other day to buy headphones for my Z10. I noticed no Passport on display, so I asked if they had one to show. The girl "fufed" and got one. She said "it's so ugly! BlackBerry is trying too hard and they are going out of business ". I responded with this device isn't for every one. This makes me think. I thought the very company she is working for is in a much worse position and is probably going to Receivership ( Chapter 11) within the next couple of years. Even faster if they put people in that refused to sell products that the retailers offer

Z10
    You mean the Future Shop that quoted my brother-in-law $1,500 to fix his Sony laptop last week and then told him Sony was garbage and he should have bought a Toshiba? The guy from Sony wasn't amused when I called and was told the real repair price (which was 1/3 of that to replace a smashed screen).

Not very professional, and not just with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Nick Spagnolo likes this.
    09-29-14 09:27 AM

Z10
    Nick.....that age group and sales force are not going to help BlackBerry. That us why Shop BlackBerry and Amazon have been set up to go around them until the carriers want a part of the action again. I told my Rogers rep that if they cannot supply my company what it needs, then someone else can. When I call for another device, my rep gets it no questions asked.

Posted via CB10
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    09-29-14 09:27 AM
    I am on the day 5 with my Passport and each day has been better than the previous one. I am now completely comfortable with the device which is suited most for my business needs. Opening attachments was never so easy before. The processor is lightening fast. The BlackBerry blend is amazing.

I totally envy you. Waiting for the passport here in China...

Posted via CB10
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    09-29-14 09:59 AM
    You will enjoy it friend. We at dubai were lucky to get the device on launch dates.
    At the moment the old phrase 'Neighbours envy owners pride ' is apt to describe the passport.

09-29-14 10:03 AM
    You mean the Future Shop that quoted my brother-in-law $1,500 to fix his Sony laptop last week and then told him Sony was garbage and he should have bought a Toshiba? The guy from Sony wasn't amused when I called and was told the real repair price (which was 1/3 of that to replace a smashed screen).

Posted via CB10
    The very same one

Z10
    09-29-14 10:32 AM
    All Z30 application r working perfectly with passport or not?? How about watching videos and audio quality, better than Z30??

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 10:35 AM
    Patiently waiting for mine.

From my ? phone.
    09-29-14 11:02 AM
    All Z30 application r working perfectly with passport or not?? How about watching videos and audio quality, better than Z30??

Posted via CB10
    All apps working very well. Audio quality better than Z30. Video not checked bro.

anon(9742832) and theRock1975 like this.
    09-29-14 11:03 AM
    Blackberry chose QNX for the next decade of their mobile technology. It only gets better from here.

When we move to 8 core, BB10/11 will be screaming fast.

Posted via CB10
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    09-29-14 11:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    who reipairs a laptop for 1500$ (or even for 500$) when the new one cost that amount of money?!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-29-14 11:17 AM
    I have no regrets with my Passport. Only regret it was launched a bit late. 10.3 coupled with excellent battery life , square screen makes the device awesome .
    10-11-14 02:19 AM
    I love the passport and I traded my first one I bought on launch day to a friend who I let play with it and he bugged me every day about selling it to him. I ended up taking my z30 I sold him back and 550.00 cash for my passport so he would stop texting me everyday about selling it to him.

I took the 550.00 and bought another VIP passport with a coupon code I got from a thread on this great site. Just received the VIP edition passport yesterday and I am back to having a z30 and passport both.

I am still having an issue with using the physical keys on the passport because of my hands after 30 years of doing repetitive task and my fingers and thumbs get sore sore from pressing the physical keys versus using a touchscreen device.

For now I am back on my z30 until I see my doctor about some medicine to help my hands feel better. I have the 10.3.1.632 leak installed on the z30 and I am liking it, but I want to start carrying my passport again because every time I pulled that device out in a crowd, folks would say "what the hell is that", I would just smile and say it's a BlackBerry" and move on.

Sent from my lovely zon T Mobile USA (10.3.1.632)
    10-11-14 04:20 AM
    I love the passport and I traded my first one I bought on launch day to a friend who I let play with it and he bugged me every day about selling it to him. I ended up taking my z30 I sold him back and 550.00 cash for my passport so he would stop texting me everyday about selling it to him.

I took the 550.00 and bought another VIP passport with a coupon code I got from a thread on this great site. Just received the VIP edition passport yesterday and I am back to having a z30 and passport both.

I am still having an issue with using the physical keys on the passport because of my hands after 30 years of doing repetitive task and my fingers and thumbs get sore sore from pressing the physical keys versus using a touchscreen device.

For now I am back on my z30 until I see my doctor about some medicine to help my hands feel better. I have the 10.3.1.632 leak installed on the z30 and I am liking it, but I want to start carrying my passport again because every time I pulled that device out in a crowd, folks would say "what the hell is that", I would just smile and say it's a BlackBerry" and move on.

Sent from my lovely zon T Mobile USA (10.3.1.632)
    Sweet, nice to hear your experience. So quick question for you. Do you think the passport is worth the premium price? Remembering your previous posts, you thought the price would be an issue. Interested in your current perspective now that you have worked with it.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 06:09 AM
    Haha acha hai sir g
    I am using BlackBerry Q10

posted via Q10
    10-11-14 07:35 AM
38 12