I'm actually leaning toward the Passport. Ideally someone would have experience with both, such as perhaps a Nexus 6.

This would be in addition to my Classic.

My search on the "tablet" side hasn't revealed anything current in the phablet form that could do primary duty as a microtablet or 'pocket tablet'

Until this past December I had been using my iphone 6 Plus, since it's release, as my phone, phablet, and tablet but I finally had it with iOS lol.

Then, for a small jump in price, there is the regular Surface 3 that really expands on utility, being Windows 10 and all that. Obviously a larger screen size but perhaps worth the jump.

Posted via BB Classic via CB app
    02-15-16 02:21 PM
    Depends on what you will use it for?
    The Surface is expensive but a nice tablet

Go for the SE Passport
    02-15-16 02:26 PM
    I am thinking about the same. Getting a PP SE as a table replacement. When going on short trips I always take my Classic and my tablet....maybe I could just use a PP in these situations.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-16 03:44 PM
    I never use a tablet anymore now that I have my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-16 06:59 PM
    The passport isn't big enough to be a tablet for me. It is great, and the screen is beautiful, but for what someone 'usually' does on a tablet, I don't think it's the best device.

Then again I find tablets to be quite useless... with the ultra thin laptops of today you really don't get much from a tablet.
    02-15-16 07:13 PM
    The Passport has replaced my tablet and my MacBook 12 inch.
    It's the best device ever. I can work around the clock anywhere anytime when I travel (even for pleasure) without carrying a tablet, or a laptop, or a battery pack.
    I was able to edit papers on mountain tops while hiking and on a boat in the Pacific between dives.
    Nothing beats it.
    02-16-16 06:29 AM
    I don't think a tablet is needed really at all if you have any type of smartphone. They are nice to have for the larger screens but they aren't necessary. A true hybrid is the Surface Pro, which no Smartphone can match in terms of functionality or power and can actually replace a laptop. To me the Passport is just another smartphone. It's not close to being a laptop, and it isn't close to being a tablet because the screen is too small.
    TgeekB likes this.
    02-16-16 07:45 AM
    When I got my Z10.... I stopped using my PlayBook.

When I got my Windows 10 tablet.... the usage of my Z10 went way down.

For me having a larger screen for editing documents and viewing the web is just a better experience. While the Passport is large, it isn't as large as the PlayBook, and certainly not as large as a 10" tablet.
    TgeekB and donnation like this.
    02-16-16 07:52 AM
    The Passport has replaced my tablet and my MacBook 12 inch.
    It's the best device ever. I can work around the clock anywhere anytime when I travel (even for pleasure) without carrying a tablet, or a laptop, or a battery pack.
    I was able to edit papers on mountain tops while hiking and on a boat in the Pacific between dives.
    Nothing beats it.
    Most people will chose to use a laptop over a smartphone anytime. Even people who travel a lot take laptops. The Passport has a purpose, but it's not as a laptop replacement for most people.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and donnation like this.
    02-16-16 08:17 AM
    Well, I use my Passport 10-16hours per day. Its battery lasts longer than my Macbook's. But I know I am unique. Most people do not correct an entire PhD thesis or scientific paper on their laptop while standing in line for two hours waiting for a cable car on a mountain in Japan, or when on a liveaboard between dives in Indonesia.
    I would never use a laptop while hiking in the mountains or when standing during a 1hour trip in a train in Japan.
    The Passport keeps me productive anywhere in the world even when I am enjoying leisure time.
    02-16-16 05:12 PM