Simply remove the physical keyboard and use that space for more screen, that will be about 4.5"x 6" or close to it. Keep the square format but when horizontal you have a movie /video format. Is this possible. This would be like an upgrade to the Z30 plus Passport combo. It also could hook up to an optional wireless keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by tmanthib; 05-15-15 at 02:31 PM.
    05-15-15 01:02 PM
    This will be BlackBerry tablet. Let's call it PlayBook. What could go wrong?
    Oh wait...
    On a serious note, I would like 4 row in the Passport 2, as when 3 row works great for English, for languages with lot of special characters, not so much.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 01:13 PM
    Considering there hasn't been a version 2 of any product recently, I doubt you're going to see a Passport 2. Maybe the next one will be called Legal Pad, or Note Pad, and be the same size respectfully. The Z10 hasn't been updated in over 2 years, don't think they Passport will either. No need to pump out devices every year that are losing money and sitting in warehouses.
    05-15-15 01:14 PM
    This will be BlackBerry tablet. Let's call it PlayBook. What could go wrong?
    Oh wait...
    On a serious note, I would like 4 row in the Passport 2, as when 3 row works great for English, for languages with lot of special characters, not so much.

Posted via CB10
    I was expecting the half baked playbook comparison . This is different and way better.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 01:21 PM
    Considering there hasn't been a version 2 of any product recently, I doubt you're going to see a Passport 2. Maybe the next one will be called Legal Pad, or Note Pad, and be the same size respectfully. The Z10 hasn't been updated in over 2 years, don't think they Passport will either. No need to pump out devices every year that are losing money and sitting in warehouses.
    It could be called by a different name. The leap seems to be the Z10 upgrade. They need to have new products with better features to keep their regular customers and try to get new ones.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 01:29 PM
    I was expecting the half baked playbook comparison . This is different and way better.

Posted via CB10
    If you don't like humorous poke, you can look on a market data about tablet sales recently. It's a shrinking market. Heinz was right on this one.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 01:41 PM
    Technically Classic is Q10 version 2. Formerly called Q20. And you could argue Z30 is a followup to Z10.
    tmanthib likes this.
    05-15-15 01:53 PM
    I vote for the 4th Row. Which essentially is a a bigger and more powerful Q10. Also an upgrade in specs is always appreciated.
    SenorPistachio and nmduc073 like this.
    05-15-15 01:58 PM
    If you don't like humorous poke, you can look on a market data about tablet sales recently. It's a shrinking market. Heinz was right on this one.

Posted via CB10
    The poke is fine and over saturated tablet and smartphone market is a problem, but tablets don't have the phone capabilites and are usually WI-FI only. Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't own a tablet. With BlackBerry's largest screen size being 5", at what size screen is too big or falls into the tablet category?

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 02:08 PM
    The 4th row and/or LONGER chin for better experience on prolonged typing. Less fingers cramps that way, at the very least.
    IamLadyK likes this.
    05-15-15 02:32 PM
    Fourth row on the keyboard less bezel.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 03:13 PM
    Minus the double typing I still love my Passport keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 04:44 PM
    Suitcase maybe ?
    tmanthib likes this.
    05-15-15 05:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    Apple's free upgrades to iOS 7/8 even for older iPads certainly helped stall sales of new ones. Why upgrade for a few more CPU cycles or the finger print sensor...?

Bought an iPad mini 2 recently, saved a hundred bux on the 3 because I don't need the fingerprint sensor or the better camera. Same specs (CPU, etc.)

On the other hand, long support may cause me to buy one, but I'll keep it for longer because, oh well, it's supported for longer.

If the business model is sales PLUS revenue from app purchases and music downloads, then declining sales on the tablet side won't be a problem. The purchasing "gateway" (or terminal) is still in the users hands. The problem occurs once the tablet makes it into the drawer and stays there... :-D

(Once you have a tablet and you use it for whatever you use it, that's gonna stay like that for a while. Just listen to all the PlayBook stories, and how these are still in use, unchanged, and have been for years now.)

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    05-15-15 07:05 PM
    It should have an edge like the samsung edge. The ability for developers to make side apps but basically be able to access the hub with the extra space on the left, then side apps load on the right side with tickers for stocks, weather, meeting alerts, etc. You get the gist.

More features with the keyboard. A back like the classic on the passport would be amazing for better grip. The back on the passport 1 is so ugly, I covered it with the official case.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 09:05 PM
    The poke is fine and over saturated tablet and smartphone market is a problem, but tablets don't have the phone capabilites and are usually WI-FI only. Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't own a tablet. With BlackBerry's largest screen size being 5", at what size screen is too big or falls into the tablet category?

Posted via CB10
    Actually, phablet (i.e. tablet sized phone) argument is valid one. I was wrong, you are right.
    The key question here is - would carriers buy? As we can see, the only one BlackBerry phone they are willing to carry today is Classic, sometimes Leap for business customers. And as experience shows, worldwide carrier support is essential for the phone success.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 12:49 AM
    I personally don't like the square display. I would make the Passport slightly more narrow, move Blackberry logo to below keyboard, expand screen upward. Now you'll have a 4:3 ratio 4.5" display Passport.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    05-16-15 01:02 AM
    After all my pondering, I think a Passport with the keyboard removed and the screen made longer with or without a slider keyboard would work for me. At least for now.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 01:06 AM
    I personally don't like the square display. I would make the Passport slightly more narrow, move Blackberry logo to below keyboard, expand screen upward. Now you'll have a 4:3 ratio 4.5" display Passport.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    Yes. Not many people want to go wide. My only comment about the keyboard is that we need one that is reliable.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 01:25 AM
    I think the passport 2, if there becomes one, should be about a inch less in width. Add that to the length instead. And of course better specs. The specs now are awesome but the second version to any phone should/would be better. The keyboard is wonderful but the phone as it is now is a bit wide. I still love my passport though.

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    05-16-15 01:52 AM
    - Fourth row ( cause i friggin' dislike ( being polite ) swiping to use symbols )
    - Rounded edges
    - Dedicated call / hang up buttons ( doesn't have to be large )
    - Double typing eliminated ( Have no words for this one )
    - Better camera ( cause this one @ PP is just.....ugh )
    - Dark hub, hell, everything dark. ( Blackberry Satan anyone? No? )

Would be a behemoth of a phone but yeah.
    05-16-15 02:14 PM
    Rounded corners like the AT&T version with gold coloured bezels and frets and a leather back. Oh and an OLED screen!

Loving my Passport!
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    05-16-15 03:01 PM
    I think the passport 2, if there becomes one, should be about a inch less in width. Add that to the length instead. And of course better specs. The specs now are awesome but the second version to any phone should/would be better. The keyboard is wonderful but the phone as it is now is a bit wide. I still love my passport though.

Posted via CB10
    That's another phone you're creating and would have nothing to do with "Passport" anymore. Looks like one of those 4:3 extended Q's...

No problem with such a phone, but they shouldn't call it Passport, because it isn't. The wide form factor gives it that "desktop" appeal and makes it kind of a "laptop replacement", any less wide makes it just like any other smartphone out there....

:-D

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    05-16-15 06:28 PM
    They would have to keep the size the same since it is the size of a real passport.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-15 07:26 PM
    Same form factor, make it a slider - touch capacitive pkb, add the fourth row and symbols on the keys.

On the main slab, put a virtual toolbelt (similar to android virtual buttons) with a real trackpad center bottom (and toolbelt virtual keys on either side). Trackpad can double as a Home / Wake button a la Samsung and Apple - add fingerprint reading capability for those who want it.

Should satisfy almost everyone. Do the same with the more narrow upcoming Slider. Then add one high spec'd all touch and Boom, you're done. Three form factors, no need for anything else.
    05-16-15 08:42 PM
36 12