I recently purchased a Blackberry Pearl 8130 for sprint and am very happy with the phone and OS on it. I am a medical student and many of the programs written for PDAs are specifically written for Palm or Windows mobile machines. Is there a program to view or convert these programs so that I can continue to use them on my Blackberry? Thanks!
    06-22-08 06:25 PM
    Converting software from one hardware platform to another generally requires access to the source code and is something that only the vendor can do. Your best bet is to 1) check if the vendors of your particular packages make Blackberry versions; or 2) Google for equivalent packages for the blackberry from alternative vendors.
    06-22-08 06:36 PM
    Epocretes is available for BlackBerry. But not the others. I have resorted to carrying my PDA at work along with my BB. I was disappointed when I found this out myself.

But, welcome to the addiction!!
    06-22-08 06:36 PM
    both Jeffs and golds ideas are good options..welcome to CB..and heres some helpfull info as well>> BlackBerry FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ
    06-22-08 07:12 PM
    My wife is a nursing student and had to have a Palm OS to download some of the stuff she was required to have. I did some searching via Google and found that alot of the stuff she needed was available for a BB as well. I don't remember what websites I found, you will have to do some searching. It took me a while to find the information.
    06-22-08 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD