I have VZW and I'm thinking of getting a BB 9650. I have an Acura RL car and the Acura website says the 9650 is not compatible with the bluetooth "hands free link" in the car. I was surprised to see that because several earlier BB models are compatible and the AT&T version of the 9650 is also compatible.

1. First, is that actually true - the 9650 is not compatible with Acura cars?

2. If it is true I'm curious WHY? Is it a BB issue, a VZW issue or an Acura issue?

Thanks.
    Peter
    10-09-10 07:15 AM
    I have VZW and I'm thinking of getting a BB 9650. I have an Acura RL car and the Acura website says the 9650 is not compatible with the bluetooth "hands free link" in the car. I was surprised to see that because several earlier BB models are compatible and the AT&T version of the 9650 is also compatible.

2. If it is true I'm curious WHY? Is it a BB issue, a VZW issue or an Acura issue?

Thanks.
    Peter
    I don't really know the answer to your questions, BUT the 9650 was not on the approved list of compatible phones for my BMW X5 Bluetooth audio system either. Nonetheless, it paired perfectly the day I got my 9650 in June and has paired flawlessly every day since.
    10-09-10 09:29 PM
    I really don't know if these people who write the manuals know what they're talking about. My Bold, which is only 12 hours hours old, paired fine with an older aftermarket kenwood radio. In fact the bluetooth worked flawlessly all day, unlike my droid, which worked only when it felt like it.
    10-09-10 11:29 PM
    Not sure who's issue it is.

I have a 2005 TL. Every phone I've had has worked fine except the 9650. The phone pairs, drops, pairs again over and over.

When I answer a call in the car, it goes to the handset and I have to switch it back to the car.

Very annoying. Let me know if you find a fix.
    10-10-10 05:28 AM

Thanks.
    Peter
    Sounds like an Acura issue to me. Considering that they list the AT&T version of the 9650 (a Blackberry model that does not exist) as compatible, I would be suspect of the accuracy of their list.
    10-10-10 04:53 PM
    My mistake. It was not the AT&T 9650 Bold. It was the AT&T 9700 Bold.

I just checked the Acura website again and the VZW 9650 Bold is not compatible with any model Acura car. The same is true for a few other newer BB models.

However, just about every AT&T BB model is compatible with most or all Acuras.

I'm just curious why this would be. Seems strange to me.

Peter
    10-23-10 07:07 AM
    If you can't get it to work there is always the OEM Rimm Visor speaker.

I bought one when NY put in their hands free law. Lists for $99 but can be found for $50.

I used it with my Tour and now with the bold. It works great and is easily swapped between cars or rental cars too!

Here is a review:
    BlackBerry VM-605 Visor Mount Bluetooth Speakerphone Review - Cell phone and smart phone accessories - CNET Reviews
    10-23-10 11:25 AM
    I'm not sure why, but Blackberry doesn't speak well to all cars. I have a Clarion handsfree deck in my work car that will pair and connect Handsfree, Stereo Audio, and A/V remote control profiles, but the stereo profile does not work. Clarion specifically says that Blackberry phones are not supported, though my WinMo and Android phones both worked fine. Don't know what it is.
    10-23-10 12:24 PM
    Not being on their list doesn't mean it won't work, it just means they haven't tested and OKed it. The downside is if you are having trouble with a non-listed phone, they won't provide any support. Hopefully they will approve some more soon. I wouldn't think there would be too much difference between the BT on the 9630 and the 9650...

I tried to do a good thing and upgrade one of our power users to a Bold 9650. He started complaining that he was having trouble with the Bluetooth in his BMW. His 8330 worked fine he said, but the Bold would connect and disconnect after it had been paired. Switched him to another 9650 - same problem. Switched him back to an 8330 - same problem. Turns out neither are on the supported list. Tracked down a Tour since its the only keyboarded VZW BB that is on the list. It started to have the same problem until I turned off the Contact Transfer function. The guy has 1000's of contacts. So far I haven't heard any complaints, but if I do, at least I can call them and say "Make it work, its on the list..."
    10-23-10 01:42 PM
    Greetings, all:
    Apologies if this is discussed elsewhere, but could not find it. I have a Sprint BB 9650 which pairs the phone flawlessly with my 2011 Infiniti M56x. Can I pair the phone with the car to stream music on my phone via Bluetooth audio simultaneously with the phone function pairing? I know the Bluetooth audio feature works fine on the car, since my iPad pairs OK, but I can't get it to recognize the phone for audio pairing while the phone function is paired. Any help would be much appreciated. Thnx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-10 01:19 PM
    My Bold does good in my Acura TL. Don't know why many of you are having problems.
    01-22-11 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD