I ran across a couple of articles last night, indicating that BlackBerry would be introducing tablets in 2014 that would be similar in some respects to the ASUS Padfones. I actually read a 3rd article, but didn't save the link to it.
    The articles implied that more than one model would be offered, including at least one with a keyboard attachment of some kind.
    The devices would interface with phones like the Z10 and Q10 through their micro USB and HDMI out ports, and would essentially just be shells that would be completely driven by the phone's system and apps.
    These articles were written several months ago. Has anyone heard anything further, or seen anything being beta tested that resembles them?

BlackBerry working on a Padfone-like device? - IntoMobile

The future of BlackBerry 10 & rumours of a ‘dummy tablet’ | Know Your Mobile
    12-11-13 08:24 AM
    I'd buy one

Sent from my Z30
    12-11-13 08:40 AM
    Me too

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 08:41 AM
    With no mention of any sort of tablet device in the future, I highly doubt this would happen.
    I mean, I'm not against this by any means, but with BB10 still evolving as a platform (no landscape mode with no apparent plans to), having the tablet shell would be useless without that rotation. Imagine being in a word document, wanting to check your calendar quickly. So you swipe up from the bottom in landscape mode, only to find yourself navigating on a screen in portrait with your tablet in a keyboard dock. Complete waste.
    12-11-13 08:42 AM
    Tablets are so light, thin, high PPI and cheap that the advantages are not what they once were. A dummy tablet with a physical keyboard that could be attached to the phone in a way that met security issues would be very interesting. The average consumer would probably like a "bridge" to their laptop or their tablet.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    12-11-13 09:02 AM
    There's no landscape mode in BB10?
    12-11-13 12:42 PM
    There's no landscape mode in BB10?
    Not for the home/app screens. And various other apps like twitter. It's frustrating sometimes, but hey, I can't really complain too much with my BB10 experience.
    12-11-13 12:45 PM
    I'd be interested.
    Tim Heard likes this.
    12-11-13 12:51 PM
    That's from May. I think things have changed already.
    Saiga likes this.
    12-11-13 12:56 PM
    As was already mentioned, the dummy tablet rumor is old news at this point. Hopefully in light of all the things that have happened since that rumor made the rounds, they are smart enough not to attempt this. BlackBerry really can't afford to have another PlayBook or Z10 situation on their hands.
    12-11-13 01:01 PM
    As was already mentioned, the dummy tablet rumor is old news at this point. Hopefully in light of all the things that have happened since that rumor made the rounds, they are smart enough not to attempt this. BlackBerry really can't afford to have another PlayBook or Z10 situation on their hands.
    I agree.
    Conservatism and boiling down the game plan to the core competencies is and should be Chen's approach.

That said, I'd love to see a tablet offering down the line once BlackBerry regains their legs.
    12-11-13 01:07 PM
    Provide the horsepower, storage, and resolution and I would buy immediately.
    12-11-13 02:57 PM
    Not another product line that won't sell. Warehouses are already bulging with unsold Z10 handsets.
    12-11-13 03:03 PM
    I personally would love to see them try something like this. (Assuming the get a landscape orientation worked out for their phones.)
    Conservatism will leave them open to the ongoing criticism that they aren't innovative, and are constantly playing catch-up.
    Keep in mind that dummy tablets would be dirt cheap compared to similar devices, because they would basically just be small touch screen monitors.

I agree.
    Conservatism and boiling down the game plan to the core competencies is and should be Chen's approach.

That said, I'd love to see a tablet offering down the line once BlackBerry regains their legs.
    12-11-13 04:09 PM
    I always thought this was a good idea but yeah not worth it when tabs are cheaper than the phones!

Fired from my Z10
    Last edited by VR6; 12-11-13 at 09:54 PM.
    12-11-13 04:17 PM
    I will buy one

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 05:33 PM