I have had my Z10 for just about a month now. I love the device. It's functional and I can get **** done. Everything I loved about Blackberry before is there and the new UI and UX flows wonderfully. Apart from having the phone, there is an added bonus of exclusivity.

You see I live in Barbados and I am on the carrier Digicel. Thus far, neither of the carriers (LIME [Cable & Wireless]/Digicel) carry the Z10 and I am one of about 20 people to actually own one.

It's cool. With that there is always the questions, "is that the 10?", "how does it work?", "is it better than the iPhone or Samsung". With the 1st questions I give the correct name, and rather than telling I had them the phone to initially get their attention. I smirk inside when they reach for the power button. After about 1minute of them messing around I take back my phone and then give them a demo.

I put the device to sleep and then show them that reaching for a power/lock button is a thing of the past and show them the device being woken by the gesture, and that starts the wow.

I give the general navigational gestures and then show the hub. Show the app panel and then the camera. If a buddy is available I would demo BBM video and screen share and that flips them over. The look of awe on the faces of people especially after they say, " I don't think I can do BlackBerry again" is so great.

Tonight I sold a Samsung GS2 on behalf of a friend who sold it has he got a Z10 after playing with one. The buyer of the GS2 after placing the cash in my hand, asked about the Z10. I gave him as much of a demo as I can give in the car park of a fast food restaurant.

The last thing he said is, don't make him feel bad. He is now wondering how to sell both the GS2 and the Sony Xperia to get a Z10.

I believe there is plenty of P2P (person to person) marketing that can be done. BlackBerry themselves can make ads and make the phones great and devs can bring apps but the word of mouth factor that users who have become proficient with the new devices is worth a whole lot more and can go a long way.

To understand that this is only the beginning, I am remembering Game of Thrones right now... for season1 it was always said, "Winter Is Coming' lol we know the device codename Aristo is on the horizon... #AristoIsComing lol
    Last edited by josaki; 04-16-13 at 04:16 AM.
    04-15-13 10:42 PM
    Awesome story!
    I'm going back down to Jamaica next month (gotta get my Z10 unlocked so I can use Digicel). The wife and I have been building a house down there (one and one) and we have quite a few friends with the usual upper end Digicel phone selection. Still, there's no Z10 there yet. I can't wait to get down there with my Z10 and show off.
    josaki and IqWaN like this.
    04-15-13 10:54 PM
    Lol it's a funny feeling since my phones ends up in the hands of so many different people, but it's still cool. On a daily basis I hear folk say they "Won't do BlackBerry again and that's mainly because they compare the BlackBerry of old to the new.

When they see some of what the new platform can do the harshness leaves even just a little bit.

If we can agree that other brand names have "Mindshare" over BlackBerry then any positive re enforcement is great.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 04:14 AM
    I have had my Z10 for just about a month now. I love the device. It's functional and I can get **** done. Everything I loved about Blackberry before is there and the new UI and UX flows wonderfully. Apart from having the phone, there is an added bonus of exclusivity.

You see I live in Barbados and I am on the carrier Digicel. Thus far, neither of the carriers (LIME [Cable & Wireless]/Digicel) carry the Z10 and I am one of about 20 people to actually own one.

It's cool. With that there is always the questions, "is that the 10?", "how does it work?", "is it better than the iPhone or Samsung". With the 1st questions I give the correct name, and rather than telling I had them the phone to initially get their attention. I smirk inside when they reach for the power button. After about 1minute of them messing around I take back my phone and then give them a demo.

I put the device to sleep and then show them that reaching for a power/lock button is a thing of the past and show them the device being woken by the gesture, and that starts the wow.

I give the general navigational gestures and then show the hub. Show the app panel and then the camera. If a buddy is available I would demo BBM video and screen share and that flips them over. The look of awe on the faces of people especially after they say, " I don't think I can do BlackBerry again" is so great.

Tonight I sold a Samsung GS2 on behalf of a friend who sold it has he got a Z10 after playing with one. The buyer of the GS2 after placing the cash in my hand, asked about the Z10. I gave him as much of a demo as I can give in the car park of a fast food restaurant.

The last thing he said is, don't make him feel bad. He is now wondering how to sell both the GS2 and the Sony Xperia to get a Z10.

I believe there is plenty of P2P (person to person) marketing that can be done. BlackBerry themselves can make ads and make the phones great and devs can bring apps but the word of mouth factor that users who have become proficient with the new devices is worth a whole lot more and can go a long way.

To understand that this is only the beginning, I am remembering Game of Thrones right now... for season1 it was always said, "Winter Is Coming' lol we know the device codename Aristo is on the horizon... #AristoIsComing lol
    What is going to be better about the Aristo?
    04-16-13 04:28 AM
    And how do you know 'aristo' is on the horizon? Do you have a confirmed source? If so please share with the rest of us.

Posted via Galactus10
    04-16-13 08:00 AM
    Its defo the case media marketing can only take you so far no matter how much spamming you do.But again rome was'nt built in a day. High amount of numbers were not gonna magically appear.Plenty people still on contracts not everyone buys phones outright.Not everyone knows the phone is out or how good it is.

If you have been considered ''cool'' and in with the trendy people.You should know how trends starts off always with a small group.Its like when trainers/sneakers pop off.The stages in my mind.Upgrade user base>business>new phone buyers>trendwhores>the curious> the bored of watever phone they got>I just wanted to buy one>doubters>haters.

Its a transitional period for BB across everything you got to chill for now it ain't gonna happen in what 3 months or even a year. Alot of factors change stuff I know people will switch from using the z/q at work phone with balance feature will help in that.Word of mouth and street test,just being rare product that gives it exclusive must have item people lust for so many other variables.

Its a transitional period its gonna take time to even get the already built user base to switch convert who you can and just got to wait for the waves to come.
    04-16-13 09:28 AM
    This is an awesome story.

I have a few stories myself.

The first is when I actually GOT my Z10. I was in the store and I had just finished the demo. There was this other guy who was standing at the counter and he was thinking about getting an android. I had mentioned to him about the Z10 and that maybe he should check it out before making a final decision.

As I was thinking about how I was going to finance my Z10, I heard the other person asking questions about the Z10. To make a long story short, that store got two Z10 sales that night

The second story is of a co-worker that happened last week. He has an android device, and I had showed him my new Z10. Needless to say, he was very impressed by it.

Today he comes up to me and says that next week, he is buying his new Z10.

More people need to do P2P marketing..it really does work!

As more occurrences happen, I'll post them
    Last edited by Chaviv; 04-16-13 at 12:43 PM.
    josaki likes this.
    04-16-13 12:31 PM
    In the end if product is good which it is...P2P will be get BlackBerry back in the game.

Posted via CB10
    josaki likes this.
    04-16-13 03:11 PM