Hi everyone. I have an 8520 that I love but I also want to buy an 8700. There is something about the 8700 that makes me want it. Lol. I have BIS for my 8520. When I buy my 8700 will I encounter any issues? ie BlackBerry Messenger contacts not transferring and so forth. I don't know if I can have two PINs registered. I plan on using the 8700 for a week then switching to the 8520 for a week then switch again. Do you guys foresee any problems?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 02:22 PM
    Hi everyone. I have an 8520 that I love but I also want to buy an 8700. There is something about the 8700 that makes me want it. Lol. I have BIS for my 8520. When I buy my 8700 will I encounter any issues? ie BlackBerry Messenger contacts not transferring and so forth. I don't know if I can have two PINs registered. I plan on using the 8700 for a week then switching to the 8520 for a week then switch again. Do you guys foresee any problems?

This is what I posted in another thread earlier. If your carrier is GSM and
    uses sim then the following applies.

This is what you do:

Before you put your sim card in your 9700 you're going to use the device
    switch wizard to transfer all your info to your new phone. That will include
    your BBM contacts. Once you're done with that put the sim card in the new
    phone.

Note: You do all that BEFORE you put the sim card in the new phone.

If you put the sim in the new phone and then use the device switch wizard
    then the new pin will not push.

After that has happened login to your BIS account and switch the device PIN
    and IMEI. After that happens you won't have to re-add everyone to BBM.
    Your new PIN will push to your contacts and update on its own. Once the
    PIN on BIS is switched on your BIS then the old PIN on your 9000 is essentially
    already released. All you have left to do is wipe your phone.
    11-16-09 02:25 PM
    Wait, do you mean the chunky 8700 or the bold 9700?
    11-16-09 02:40 PM
    Wait, do you mean the chunky 8700 or the bold 9700?
    I mean the 8700. Lol. I want to keep both phones and just use one for a week then switch and use the other one for a week and keep switching. And by the way I am on T-Mobile so yes, its GSM.
    11-16-09 09:28 PM
    Surely one of you guys know.

11-17-09 12:33 AM
    I mean the 8700. Lol. I want to keep both phones and just use one for a week then switch and use the other one for a week and keep switching. And by the way I am on T-Mobile so yes, its GSM.
    Well here is the thing. There won't be any problems but in terms of convenience you will probably get fed up pretty fast. I am pretty sure you will be able to keep both devices synched by using dm or something else like the missing sync.

The thing is that everytime you switch devices you have to register the pin of the device with the BIS systems. (that is if you want to get your emails, use bbm and all other data things). You either have to use the BIS website, or the device registration and send the service books every time you switch devices.
    Also, i am not sure what kind of OS the 8700 runs so for bbm you have to select each contact and push them your new pin so that it is updated for them. (New OS does this automatically).

So as you can see, this is not difficult but it sure is painfully inconvinient. If you still think it is worth it then go for it. Best
    11-17-09 07:56 AM
    Thanks bud. I might go every month instead of every week. Lol. I work on a farm and my poor 8520 gets beat up bad.

11-17-09 03:08 PM
    Where would I go to do the device registration. I know quite a but about BlackBerries but I've never done this before?

11-17-09 03:11 PM
    Where would I go to do the device registration. I know quite a but about BlackBerries but I've never done this before?

Your BIS. You can login into it from your email setup icon on your phone.
    11-17-09 03:18 PM
    I have a feeling you'll end up liking one more than the other and stop switching back and forth.
    11-17-09 03:41 PM
    Very helpful info here!
    11-17-09 04:22 PM
    So on the 8700 I open up my email setup and type in all of my email address and I'll be good to go?
    If its easier you guys can feel free to pin me. pin:213070d5.
    11-17-09 06:15 PM
    So on the 8700 I open up my email setup and type in all of my email address and I'll be good to go?
    If its easier you guys can feel free to pin me. pin:213070d5.
    Each time you switch devices as the way I mentioned above just login
    to BIS each time and when you switch devices on there the email accounts
    push to that device.
    11-17-09 06:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD