Hi All,

What a great place this seems, and a place for me to hang out.

I have just took delivery of my Blackberry Bold 9700 (2 days old)......

Its great, i think this is the best phone i have ever had (cant get on with i-phone).

I have a couple of questions.

1. Is there a way to stop emails automatically arrive on the blackberry apart from when connected to Wi-Fi, as in turn off email push, so i can turn it on/off when i want. The reason I ask this is because my network providor although states we get unlumited internet and emails, it is subject to a fair usage of 1GB. After that will be billed at �2.00 per MB.

As you can imagine, this could be quite costly, so would be great if you could turn this feature off, and just collect when connected to Wi-Fi or when you make a connection by starting up a browser.

2. What is the best place for Apps, Themes etc. Does anyone have any specific themes that really make the phone stand out.

Apologies if there are threads on here etc covering the above, but thought this would be a great way of breaking into what looks a great community thats willing to help out other users.

thanx in advance...........
    02-20-10 01:33 PM
    Don't worry about the data volume unless you are tethering a PC for download (probably banned by provider anyway). If you get near 1Gig of email you will be the first in the world. Even with fairly heavy email (business use AND moderator group mail) plus some web browsing I rarely get above 20-30 Mbytes for a month.
    02-20-10 01:41 PM
    I don't know the answers to your questions as I don't have a 9700 but I wanted to say welcome to crackberry and to the wonderfulness that is BlackBerry! You've picked a great first BB! I'm jealous!
    02-20-10 01:41 PM
    1 GB is a lot of data, especially if you use Wifi a lot. The wifi use will decrease your provider data use. Check out the themes forum on this site. Lot of good free and pay theme.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-10 01:55 PM
    Nice choice, the Bold 9700 is the next generation BlackBerry with all the premium fittings.

What is the best place for Apps, Themes etc. ...
    Thanks for asking, check this out:

BlackBerry Apps and BlackBerry Themes- Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    02-20-10 02:12 PM
    Haha don't worry they send you a text when you go over the limit at 3. They didn't actually charge me for the extra. You would be alright as long as you don't go over every month massively.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-10 11:49 PM
    Hi All,

What a great place this seems, and a place for me to hang out.

I have just took delivery of my Blackberry Bold 9700 (2 days old)......

Its great, i think this is the best phone i have ever had (cant get on with i-phone).

I have a couple of questions.

1. Is there a way to stop emails automatically arrive on the blackberry apart from when connected to Wi-Fi, as in turn off email push, so i can turn it on/off when i want. The reason I ask this is because my network providor although states we get unlumited internet and emails, it is subject to a fair usage of 1GB. After that will be billed at �2.00 per MB.

As you can imagine, this could be quite costly, so would be great if you could turn this feature off, and just collect when connected to Wi-Fi or when you make a connection by starting up a browser.

2. What is the best place for Apps, Themes etc. Does anyone have any specific themes that really make the phone stand out.

Apologies if there are threads on here etc covering the above, but thought this would be a great way of breaking into what looks a great community thats willing to help out other users.

thanx in advance...........
    1] need not worry about e-mail data.
    2] for apps you can check the CB store or get them from the BB Appworld.
    02-23-10 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD