the guys from oovoo just replied and give me some bad news which i didnt want to hearOvoo to not support BB10 And PB-img_00000006.jpg
    Last edited by T-Raww; 12-16-12 at 03:00 PM.
    anon(3310921) likes this.
    12-16-12 01:47 PM
    okay. next...
    12-16-12 01:51 PM
    It's ooVoo
    12-16-12 01:54 PM
    Blackberry people don't want Oovoo. It's not encrypted and doesn't store hashed passwords. I can hear it already.... IT'S UNSECURE, WE DON'T WANT THIS UNSECURE PIECE OF GARBAGE ON OUR SECURE PHONES!!!
    BBPandy likes this.
    12-16-12 01:57 PM
    ...who's Oovoo? I swear, the app complaints get more and more obscure as we approach launch.

Edit: Well nevermind that I suppose, a bit of Googling suggests that ooVoo does in fact have a significant number of subscribers. Never heard of it before though!
    12-16-12 02:00 PM
    ...who's Oovoo? I swear, the app complaints get more and more obscure as we approach launch.
    Video chap app, similar to Skype, but also accessible via browser. IIRC, it's really popular in Russia.
    12-16-12 02:04 PM
    Video chap app, similar to Skype, but also accessible via browser. IIRC, it's really popular in Russia.
    If it's accessible via browser then it might be a non-issue on BB10, considering the excellent compliance of the browser.
    12-16-12 02:06 PM
    If it's accessible via browser then it might be a non-issue on BB10, considering the excellent compliance of the browser.
    It's accessible via browser, not browser based. I don't know how to explain it. It's similar to how Google Voice lets you create a link to call you. You post the Google Voice link, some one clicks it, and it calls you. It works like that.
    12-16-12 02:12 PM
    It's accessible via browser, not browser based. I don't know how to explain it. It's similar to how Google Voice lets you create a link to call you. You post the Google Voice link, some one clicks it, and it calls you. It works like that.
    Oh yes I get what you mean, nevermind then.
    12-16-12 02:15 PM
    They haven't supported BlackBerry in the past, so the expectation of them to support BlackBerry 10 was never there for me.

I really wish people would stop highlighting what isn't there and lend more support to things that are. It seems we all spend too much time bringing negative things to light when there is plenty of other great things out there that are more deserving of the attention. Granted, we all do it but it doesn't have to be that way.
    12-16-12 02:38 PM
    In the words of jake storm...wtf is ovoo
    12-16-12 02:45 PM
    Ehh, not my cup of tea. Video gals, maybe.
    12-16-12 02:49 PM
    Excellent html5 compliance atleast...
    12-16-12 02:51 PM
    I wouldve replied with, im sorry i wont be joining your community on any other platform BBYE
    12-16-12 03:07 PM
    I never knew you we got faceflow seriously when one falls another rises.BBye
    12-16-12 03:34 PM
    First time I tried OOvo on my laptop it gave me a virus. So I uninstalled it asap.
    12-16-12 04:05 PM
    OoVoo works a lot better than Skype, especially with low bandwith connections. I had hoped it would make it to the Playbook, but of course it never did, and maybe it never will. Too bad. I use it quite extensively to communicate with friends in the Philippines. We gave up on Skype - never worked well for us.
    T-Raww likes this.
    12-16-12 10:11 PM
    First time I tried OOvo on my laptop it gave me a virus. So I uninstalled it asap.
    Lol at OoVoo giving your laptop a virus.
    BB Crack fans are very funny. Quite similar to Apple fanboys.
    Skype not on BB (atm), Oovoo not on BB, Google not on BB, Whatsapp not on BB, Netflix not on BB. Typical response about all of it, "Don't give a *Censored*", "What's that service/app". Well, those 500 million+ people do care. These are critical apps for a customer these days, just because you don't use it doesn't mean those 500mil+ others are suppose to.
    12-16-12 10:33 PM
    Skype not on BB (atm), Oovoo not on BB, Google not on BB, Whatsapp not on BB, Netflix not on BB. Typical response about all of it, "Don't give a *Censored*", "What's that service/app". Well, those 500 million+ people do care. These are critical apps for a customer these days, just because you don't use it doesn't mean those 500mil+ others are suppose to.
    Don't know why you're laughing at my comment because it really happened. I had all of these stupid popups show up on my screen and it crashed my computer. I was just stating the experience I had with OOvo was Not good. Does not mean it isn't bad for others.
    12-16-12 10:42 PM
    FaceFlow works well ,its coming to BlackBerry10 and PlayBook. It works in the PlayBook browser as is now.

You can use this with friends without either of you downloading anything.

The dev is going to showcase a video of the progress for the PlayBook and  10 app soon.

He told me it looks very much like BBM. Very clean interface.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    12-16-12 10:57 PM
    Oovoo is pretty much a flop. They've been around for a long time but barely anyone uses it. Them not coming to bb is no big loss.
    12-17-12 01:58 AM
    They haven't supported BlackBerry in the past, so the expectation of them to support BlackBerry 10 was never there for me.

I really wish people would stop highlighting what isn't there and lend more support to things that are. It seems we all spend too much time bringing negative things to light when there is plenty of other great things out there that are more deserving of the attention. Granted, we all do it but it doesn't have to be that way.
    It's better to know how many holes your boat has than knowing how many it does not.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    12-17-12 02:52 AM
    You're serious? Netflix is a "critical app"? Google? What are you talking about? Skype is probably the only one that has any real influence for some people on their choice of phone, but there are always new apps and workarounds available. Why not wait until you actually see what BB10 brings to the table before taking that position? Do you honestly think RIM lives in a bubble? Maybe in the past, but not now. I am absolutely sure that they know what people want, and what they don't care about, and although it's easy for us looking in from the outside, we may never know the real reasons why these things happen or they don't. Stay tuned....I have feeling once BB10 arrives, many many people will be scrambling to make excuses for the RIM-bashing they've been doing all this time.
    sf49ers and lorax1284 like this.
    12-17-12 03:46 AM
    It's better to know how many holes your boat has than knowing how many it does not.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    What holes? I'll take a solid freighter anyday over a cruise ship made of paper mache. RIM has been slow in recovering, but it's going to be solid...not riddled with security holes, crashes, and inflexible control issues.
    T-Raww likes this.
    12-17-12 03:49 AM
    What holes? I'll take a solid freighter anyday over a cruise ship made of paper mache. RIM has been slow in recovering, but it's going to be solid...not riddled with security holes, crashes, and inflexible control issues.
    unfortunately, unless you plan on buying several million bb10 devices, bb needs these crappy apps to build up their customer base.
    see the goal is to grow, not maintain, and for every app we may deem worthless, bb is losing out on potential growth which is a bad thing.

that said, i think its too preemptive to be saying what is and isnt coming to bb10. i think a lot of the major players are adopting a wait and see attitude.

i agree with blaize that we should be talking up the ones that are confirmed such as faceflow.
    if faceflow users suddenly spike thanks to bb users support, it sends out a message that maybe it is worth getting on board bb10!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    T-Raww and HUNTZODIAC like this.
    12-17-12 04:02 AM
39 12