10-07-08 09:53 PM
    Hmm. I wouldn't call the iphone overrated, necessarily, however there is a ton of hype surrounding this device. Eh, chalk it up to fantastic marketing on apple's part.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-08 09:56 PM
    Note that I didn't have any part in making the list. Just passing it along.
    10-07-08 10:00 PM
    Lol. Yeah, I didn't figure you made the list.

10-07-08 10:03 PM
    Hmm- I'm not sure about the iPhone being "overrated"- it does what it does without any extended claims I myself have ever heard... From Apple anyway. But I'll totally agree that the Hype surrounding this device was huge!

People whipped the iPhone up, like it was the second coming of Christ himself.
    10-07-08 10:08 PM
    What?! Jesus came as the jesus phone?! I missed the second coming?! Dam guess I missed the boat. Oh well...Helloooo horsemen!

10-08-08 03:50 AM
    its not on there twice... its the iphone and the ipod touch. two different devices.
    10-08-08 04:08 AM
    Hmm- I'm not sure about the iPhone being "overrated"- it does what it does without any extended claims I myself have ever heard... From Apple anyway. But I'll totally agree that the Hype surrounding this device was huge!

...aaaaand, since it didn't and doesn't quite live up to the massive hype, that kinda helps define it as "overrated".
    10-08-08 01:04 PM
    ...aaaaand, since it didn't and doesn't quite live up to the massive hype, that kinda helps define it as "overrated".
    As it continuously remains to be on back order, and out of stock in a lot of stores. It may be overrated, but it's obvious people still want it and like it a lot.
    10-08-08 04:20 PM
    I think Maddox said it just when it comes to the iPhone.
    (www).thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone

It doesn't makes me say wow! i must have this phone. I don't see what the hype is all about. Blackberry > iPhone
    10-09-08 02:32 AM
    Maddox rules. His hatemail makes for pure comedy.

10-09-08 02:53 AM
    It doesn't say the iPhone is overrated. It says the touch interface is overrated. It does however say the iPod touch is overrated. Apple sucks.
    10-09-08 04:18 AM
    Goo Zune !!
    10-09-08 11:19 PM
    Anyone that hops onto the Zune, is a MS Fanboi in my opinion.

Why jump to a first gen device from a company that's in like it's 9th generation device and has, for the most part, perfected mobile media.

That says that either you Hate Apple, or you're a MS fanboi.

10-10-08 03:45 PM
    Hmm. I wouldn't call the iphone overrated, necessarily, however there is a ton of hype surrounding this device. Eh, chalk it up to fantastic marketing on apple's part.

I agree. Overrated is a bit much. I really do not mind the iPhone being out there. I think it pushes RIM into great new directions.
    10-10-08 08:18 PM
    Well I could say the Blackberry is overrated, does that make it fact? As they say opinions are like assholes, everone has one.
    10-10-08 11:17 PM
    LOL... I would say waiting in line at 3am for a chance to get an iPhone is overrated.
    10-11-08 08:05 AM
    I know this came from PC World, but it is on MicroSoftN. Any patterns here?

Overrated?: iPhone, iPod touch, iTunes, Google Apps, Photoshop

Underrated?: Zune, Vista

This is so biased it is laughable.
    10-11-08 04:02 PM
    it seems like everything with an "i" in front of it is golden. I'm gonna start going by "irobert".. maybe then i'll be cool.
    10-11-08 04:19 PM
    The iphone reminds me of those trailers that show all the cool part and when you actually watch the movie. All the good parts were in the trailer. =/

Iphone does everything they say it does but nothing more then that.
    10-11-08 07:49 PM
    I recently just switched from my VZW Curve to the IPhone 3G and hate to say it isn't overrated. Took a liitle more trouble getting my work email on it without using MobileMe, but for what I do, looking at contracts and PDF files all day long, it makes work a lot easier. I like my Curve and might get a Bold when released as well, but I agree with SRVCB stories are biased all the time, but apparently Apple has been doing something right, I believe 10 million IPhone users can't all be wrong, can they. I vaguely believe Kevin even mentioned the IPhone isn't all bad

I know this came from PC World, but it is on MicroSoftN. Any patterns here?

Overrated?: iPhone, iPod touch, iTunes, Google Apps, Photoshop

Underrated?: Zune, Vista

This is so biased it is laughable.
    10-11-08 08:02 PM
    The iphone is just another device that people love to hate for whatever reason. I have a curve with Verizon and I like it more than the iphone because it suits me better. I actually could have gotten an iphone and went to ATT but I renewed my contract and got the curve with verizon for a number of reasons. I wouldn't call the iphone overrated...but in a sense its not as functional as they make it seem...a lot of people are always saying "jailbreak" the phone to do this or that...you shouldn't have to jailbreak a phone to get it to perform functions most smart phones can do...but what it can do, it does very well...

10-11-08 09:51 PM
    Let's see. Sucks up entire At&t 3g due to inefficient ping pong function, shipped w/bunk chip so 3g drops, battery lasts 30 minutes, MobileMe a MobileMess, serious Enterprise security issues, slapped in your mitt to activate at home, no copy-paste, no MMS.
    Ge me my BOLD.

10-11-08 10:14 PM
    it seems like everything with an "i" in front of it is golden. I'm gonna start going by "irobert".. maybe then i'll be cool.
    I've been going by iJ'enay for about a month now, its worked wonders.

10-11-08 10:17 PM
    Except for the Iphone which I will get as soon as I can get $700 to buy a 3G 16G off Craigslist, I don't agree with many of the listings.

The PSP is impractical due to its clunky size, internet use is nearly impossible due to the 'sure type internal keyboard' & no touch screen. It also feels cheap like it will break if you look at it wrong, the controls are very confusing and obviously were not designed for gaming. You can get all the same on or better on a Nokia N95 8GB which I am going to buy in addition to the Blackberry Curve. More expensive, yes but like the saying goes 'you get what you pay for'.

I bought the Zune 120GB, huge dissappointment compared to the Ipod Nano and compared to Itunes. The Zune.com/net site sucks even more like they tried to mix in Itunes with Myspace and instead got a steaming pile of dog s***t, plus it is a royal pain to try to figure out how exactly you can do something as simple as select a song & download it to the zune without all the BS that is on that site.

I agree with the 'Netbooks' --- toy compared to a real ultraportable laptop. Thought about buying an Asus and saw that it came with no DVD R, only 160 Hard Drive (you need a min of 320GB these days), a teeny tiny 10 inch screen, only 1G of RAM memory which is like 5 years behind the times, an inferior 1.3 webcam camera and that ugly cheap plastic casing surrounding the screen
    Last edited by NickL1975; 10-12-08 at 12:14 AM.
    10-12-08 12:11 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD