Still waiting for the option to change permissions on folders or files like the previous OS versions
    11-04-13 09:59 AM
    I like the fact that I can zip up my files and upload it to box and Dropbox clean up my device

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 10:12 AM
    You can DL some great Android File Managers, but does it have a native built in one? I don't have much experience with modern Androids, but seemed the one I used a couple years ago didn't have a native file manager

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 09:21 AM
    You can DL some great Android File Managers, but does it have a native built in one? I don't have much experience with modern Androids, but seemed the one I used a couple years ago didn't have a native file manager

Posted via CB10
    The version of touchwiz - that came with my galaxy s4 - had the filemanager built in.

The Nexus 5 I have didn't (it's stock android) - but then I loaded a rom on (only turned it on to check the screen - didn't bother to play with it - just wanted to unlock and go) and just about every rom I've used has ES File Explorer built in - hell, it's a free app anyway and is excellent, especially the wifi connectivity.

Android is spoilt for choice, actually.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 11:02 AM
    ES file explorer is what I run in the android side. The streaming from SMB: shares is very easy to set up and use.

I am baffled by people that don't use a file manager of somekind. I have no idea how those people function!
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    11-05-13 04:54 PM
    Question...does anyone know how to copy multiple pictures at once from device to SD card in file manager?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 09:16 PM
    Question...does anyone know how to copy multiple pictures at once from device to SD card in file manager?

Posted via CB10
    Yea just select multiple files/pictures and then copy as per usual

Posted via CB10
    bennelong likes this.
    11-06-13 02:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    As above ^^
    But in case you're unfamiliar with the file manager..
    First (using the File Manager) you navigate to the folder where the images are stored. On the lower right (on BB10) there's a three dotted expandable menu named "More". You click on that and one of the pop-up options will be "Select'. Once you click on that you will be able to select multiple files to move. The top Icon on the remaining pop-up menu is a file Icon with an arrow pointing to the right which you click on once your files are selected. With that done you will be presented with another screen with "Back" to the lower left, which when clicked will take you to the general file manager view. Then click on the lower-left "Device" Icon and it will present a screen with icons for both the memory card and device memory. Select memory card and navigate to (or create) a folder where you want to store your pictures and then click the "move" button which you will then see. You'll see a progress bar as the files are moved. Your pictures will then appear in the Gallery within the folder you have created for them - or moved them to.

Z10 via CB10
    11-06-13 03:24 AM
    I would love to see TAT do their magic with the UI of the file manager. It is currently bland
    11-17-13 06:04 PM
    I would love to see TAT do their magic with the UI of the file manager. It is currently bland
    Not sure if anyone truly knows, but is TAT behind the UI design of BB10?
    11-17-13 07:04 PM
    Good question!

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 07:37 PM
    Love File Manager.

Post via CB Z10
    11-17-13 07:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Use Select option...

Overlooked BB10 Gem (File Manager)-img_00001329.png

Post via CB Z10
    11-17-13 07:52 PM
    Also integrates with Dropbox and box nicely.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 08:04 PM
    Also integrates with Dropbox and box nicely.

Posted via CB10
    Yep. I just wish it did SkyDrive too.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 08:08 PM
    Don't quote me on this. However I believe a company out of Ottawa may have helped. I forget their name. Sorry
    11-17-13 08:10 PM
    Yep. I just wish it did SkyDrive too.

Posted via CB10
    I have heard that that support may becoming
    11-17-13 08:11 PM
    I have heard that that support may becoming
    Really? Sweeeet! Right now I'm using the sideloaded version, but it sucks because it won't display unsupported file types (eg *.rkt).

Another thing I wish File Manager had was an "Open with..." option for unsupported file types. For instance, I might have a plaintext file with a rkt extension, so the only way to open it is from within the text editor itself (I use Penzus Editor).

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 08:15 PM
    Really? Sweeeet! Right now I'm using the sideloaded version, but it sucks because it won't display unsupported file types (eg *.rkt).

Another thing I wish File Manager had was an "Open with..." option for unsupported file types. For instance, I might have a plaintext file with a rkt extension, so the only way to open it is from within the text editor itself (I use Penzus Editor).

Posted via CB10
    Hope this helps.

http://www.berryreview.com/2013/11/1...s-coming-soon/

Read the above link. You'll find your info there
    Anonymous2039 likes this.
    11-17-13 08:22 PM
    From what I gather some really amazing capabilities are coming to the file manager. Gonna be some sweet updates
    11-17-13 09:22 PM
    From what I gather some really amazing capabilities are coming to the file manager. Gonna be some sweet updates
    any idea what those capabilities are going to be?
    11-17-13 09:34 PM
    any idea what those capabilities are going to be?
    When I get time I will make a list
    11-17-13 09:44 PM
47 12